Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 9:29:24 PM EDT
THURSDAY:

Called Kesselrings on Thursday and asked them what 30rnd mags are going for. The guy gets all crappy with me on the phone, and goes on and on about how they have always carried 30rnd mags, and so on.

I politely tell him I am aware of that fact, and tell him I would like some of the brand new mags. He goes into another rant about how that is all they carry. I say, "I know, but I am looking for some of the LEO marked mags that are legal now. He says, "They were legal before." I said "...yes, for LEO agencies and officers, not for civilians."

At this point he muffles the phone and starts answering other questions to what I am guessing were customers. I wait about 45 -60 seconds and he says "Hello?" I remind him that I would like to know the price on LEO marked 30rnd AR15 magazines.

"What the hell for? he asks. "For my AR15" I answer (starting to get a little peeved). "Have you ever even shot your AR15? Do you really need 30 rounds to hit what you are shooting at? I just don't understand why "yahoos" don't buy an accurate rifle and learn how to shoot."

It is a rare thing for me to be left speechless....but this was it. All I could say was "How much are they?" as my face reached the high end of the UV scale in color. $39.95 and then he hung up. To top it all off....I think this was old man Kesselring. He has a very distinctive voice. Not positive....but it sure sounded like him.

SATURDAY: My Dad asks me to ride up to Kesselrings to buy a red dot for his new Walter P-22. I tell him I could just order one for him, but he is kind of old fashioned and likes to buy things "hands on"

I put aside my utter disdain for the place, and agree to go up there with him. The place was piled up at the front door with people trying to get in and out. We make it in and the pistol counter isles are absolutely packed solid...no room to even try to find a way in. This is to be expected at the place, as many of you may know.

I tell my Dad that we should just come back on Monday, and he says O.K. but would like to buy a box of .44mag for a future shooting trip. He picks up a box and we walk towards the rifle/shotgun counter. I see some punk hillbilly looking kid walk by and nobody is standing in the "hole" by the cash register.

I ask him, "Can we buy this box of ammo from you?" He looks over at my Dad a few feet back and says, "Ya...if he ever brings it over here." (I was fricking hot at this point, but I did not want to embarrass my Dad) Dad comes over with the box.

As he is writing up the receipt I politely ask him if he could grab a Tasco Red dot sight, as we would like to see if it fits, and purchase one.

He says..."Nope, pistol counter. They wont answer any shotgun questions, so I aint answering any pistol questions." I tell him we don’t have any questions (he had been shown the sight when he bought the P-22 there), we just need to see one real quick, check its fit (with his new bridge mount), and buy it.

He answers...."Do you want the ammo or not? I am not getting the red dot, they handle those."

Now I am about to explode...and my Dad (who is a low rever - mechanic talk for an easy going guy) just pays for the ammo. He says this is what happens when a place does not have any competition. I agree and tell him what I would do if I won the lottery!!

About this time I see a small hole in the pistol counter so I bolt up there and happen to catch a guy walking by and blurt out "What are you charging for AR15 30rnd LEO marked mags?" $29.95...best price you will find, and I only have about 20 left...how many do you want?"

None ....thanks.

The only way I will ever set foot up there again is if I can find a Flux Capacitor for my truck and travel back about 15 years or so into the past. I have finally had it with their people.

If I ever have to go up there again (and I am sure I will ), I am going to wait all day long if needed to talk to one of the 2 or 3 nice people that I have worked with there.

SUNDAY: Brat sitter craps out on me, and I miss the Monroe show. LOW AMMO warning light comes on. Now I have to wait for the next one just to avoid Kesselrings!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in Wade's today. Very friendly, even when four punk kids pile out of the truck and ask questions for a half an hour and only spend $20. Well, make that $50, we shot their uzi carbine too, but the guys in the other half of the store didnt know thats what we were there for. Kind of overpriced, but pretty friendly.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was in Wade's today. Very friendly, even when four punk kids pile out of the truck and ask questions for a half an hour and only spend $20. Well, make that $50, we shot their uzi carbine too, but the guys in the other half of the store didnt know thats what we were there for. Kind of overpriced, but pretty friendly.

I am going to have to move South I guess . Sorry we (our brat sitter) flaked out on the show.

P.S. - Now tell the truth young man, you would have hit the reporter

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Well we got a place like that in my area, sam high priced stuff and a worse attitude then what you ran into.

Your not alone, and its not just around there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well we got a place like that in my area, sam high priced stuff and a worse attitude then what you ran into.

Your not alone, and its not just around there.

Worse? I would like to hear some stories!

I am sad to know I am not alone. I swear, if I were to win the big one - I would open up a shop and range just to treat people right.

I owned a retail store for several years though and I can say that some rude customers just don’t deserve ANY respect.

I think they are on "people" burn out, or truly have just become too big for their britches. I guess they just don’t NEED to be nice to everyone who walks in the door anymore.... unless they are buying a $2500.00 hunting rifle.

I don't need service with a smile, hell I don't even need a good attitiude...but putting down my AR15!!!!!Now thats where I draw the line .
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Their website says $14.95

www.kesselrings.com/new/view_product.asp?productID=290&categoryID=21&subcategoryID=42&refer=

$29.95 for a Glock mag is out of line.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]
How long ago did it mention that price? Do you know if it was before Thursday or Saturday?

I wonder what the heck is going on up there? Do they work on commission? Maybe that is the price they charge for people they don't have to look at.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Even before the ban expired Kesselrings has been rather slack in their customer service.  The guy I talked to, who was the "AR-15 expert" didn't even know about green followers for mags!  Its at best discouraging having to find someone new to help you if what your interested in isn't in their department, though I can understand the reasoning behind this.  And it does seem that whenever you have something you want to buy at the register you suddenly have the plague (or maybe its just the way I look).
I was there when they were adding new inventory to the shelves, when it came to a new pepper spray they made a comment between themselves that there wasn't any competition in the area and to go ahead and mark it up accordingly.  Obviously they know they’re the only game in town and they treat people accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Theres a young lady a few miles from here that would be VERY, VERY upset if I did
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Even before the ban expired Kesselrings has been rather slack in their customer service.  The guy I talked to, who was the "AR-15 expert" didn't even know about green followers for mags!  Its at best discouraging having to find someone new to help you if what your interested in isn't in their department, though I can understand the reasoning behind this.  And it does seem that whenever you have something you want to buy at the register you suddenly have the plague (or maybe its just the way I look).
I was there when they were adding new inventory to the shelves, when it came to a new pepper spray they made a comment between themselves that there wasn't any competition in the area and to go ahead and mark it up accordingly.[/b]  Obviously they know they’re the only game in town and they treat people accordingly.

It's good to be the King. Like I was saying...If I win the Big One.."
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

DUDE....wades SUCKS...

I bought a Sig 226 from them....got totally ripped off....you want real service? head to Ben's in Renton....
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DUDE....wades SUCKS...

I bought a Sig 226 from them....got totally ripped off....you want real service? head to Ben's in Renton....

I have heard that to, but they were nice today.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#12]
sad.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#13]

I just looked at their website tonight after maybe a year or more. Their LE AR15 price is $300-400 more than it should be.  

I haven't been to a Seattle gunshow in maybe 12 years.  Are they worth it  these days?

The Portland expo show is usually decent. There are a couple of medium size gun shops that put out multiple tables of guns with just 10% added to their cost. The few that try to rip you off don't sell well in shows like that so they have almost all left. All it takes is a few good gun dealers to drive out the bad.

The only bad part about that show is the cost to park and get in. I think it was $16 last time.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I just looked at their website tonight after maybe a year or more. Their LE AR15 price is $300-400 more than it should be.  

I haven't been to a Seattle gunshow in maybe 12 years.  Are they worth it  these days?

The Portland expo show is usually decent. There are a couple of medium size gun shops that put out multiple tables of guns with just 10% added to their cost. The few that try to rip you off don't sell well in shows like that so they have almost all left. All it takes is a few good gun dealers to drive out the bad.

The only bad part about that show is the cost to park and get in. I think it was $16 last time.

The Puyallup WAC show is worth it. Free parking, $6 for non members to get in. Its like $35 to join yearly. Its a really big show. you a WA resident?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmmm, was just at Keselrings on Friday with a couple of buddies. Bought a shitload of glock mags for 16.99 each....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Theres a young lady a few miles from here that would be VERY, VERY upset if I did

You mean the one that you haven't officialy asked out yet?

Does she know you exist?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah. She knows I exist. Spent like three hours talking to her yesterday. Would have asked here out if it hadn't been on the phone.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:44:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Was by Kesselring Friday afternoon 9-24, was bummed I couldn't stop as I was doing my job, I'm the furnace/AC repair guy, but for and early friday afternoon they were  packed. I would assume that they have been so daily with people who assume price and availability have lowered and is unlimited...respectively. I have bought evey single 30 round mag I own from there, used but good, for around too much money 15-25 bucks. I think they do respond better to "I have cash and I want five of those, ten boxes of .44mag, a case of .22lr, a couple of boxes of.40s&w, and a copy of "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross!

When the lookyloo's show and ask questions without intention to buy the help have lost their ability to be customer service oriented. Understandable but most that go there are gun enthusiasts and maybe some don't have the right information to help the clerk help the customer. Imagine listening day in and day out to people who are less than educated about weapons, you would have to constantly educate the customer on what can and cannot be done. Tedious at best but not very fun and more likely to end in a no sale.

I like Kesselring, I will put up with the 'Tude to support my rifle's voracious "Ammotite".

Railgun....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top