Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 12:26:50 PM EDT
That F*<king place was pack'd to the gills....( lots of tables and people)

The only honest deal I saw on a new AR-15 was from the guy right behind NWReds table...He had a MEGA M-4 with bayo lug and fake can for $850.00 he was also the lowest price on New G.I. Mags @ $19.00 mark'd Colt 5.56..othewise there were a shitload of $2500.00 "Pre-Ban's"  and $45.00 used 20 rd mags....Some old guy there that said that he works at OLY, was in the rip off business and was charging $160.00 for a Mega lower, and talking out his ass.( I hope the old fucker has a heart attack) I talk'd to some younger guy that was looking at the Mega lower and I could not help but to tell him to wait for Puyallup show and pay $60.00 less, He started laughing and told me he was just looking at the quality, and that he is tooling up right now in Snohomish to manufacture them himself....( I got his name) but I let him know that I was hook'd on clintons Mega's and he would have a hard row to hoe...

It was so busy that I did not even go through the whole thing, and James table with all the AMMO was pack'd so I hope to be able to do some real shopping in the morning, I only spent $100.00 on a cheap scope for my Varmit rifle until I decide what I really want on it, and I spent $40.00 on batt's w/ NWRed...

I must get more AMMO!

Smell ya all later.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I am sure that 1/3 of the people there were "undercover" reporters looking for the machine guns, Uzi's and AK47's....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't Oly have any deals?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am sure that 1/3 of the people there were "undercover" reporters looking for the machine guns, Uzi's and AK47's....

They should have checked with the ice cream truck parked in front!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Wrong,.... any local know its the jerky man.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Didn't Oly have any deals?

I went to pick up a roll pin that I did not get when I bought my Gas block, and he still did not even have that!....I got one that goes in the normal front site base for Free! ( to short) , but that is O.K. he will bring one next time!

Is that a deal?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong,.... any local know its the jerky man.

OPSEC VIOLATION!!!

R-32---> <--- STRATIOTES

Now go to JAFO and  turn in your Jr. BATF Agent badge!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I went looking for a non-Oly "NoBan", and was sorely disappointed.  I saw a Mega lower (must be the one mentioned already), but since I've never actually shot an AR, I'm planning on getting a complete gun before building my own.

I'm not sure if most of the vendors were unaware of the expiration, were too lazy to relabel their stuff, or were still trying to take advantage of customers who were unaware.

But I must have seen the word "pre-ban" like 1000x times there.

I think I've figured out who "James the ammo guy" is.   Which company is he?  And who is the other big ammo vendor?  (Just so I get my references straight).
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think I've figured out who "James the ammo guy" is.   Which company is he?  And who is the other big ammo vendor?  (Just so I get my references straight).

The one by the rear entrance door is James.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Now go to JAFO and  turn in your Jr. BATF Agent badge!

Thats DEA not BATFE, you should know that you are supposed to be a professional.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

There are usually three.

There is James.- Busy 2-3 person show. (His price includes tax and is a cash discount price)

There is Miwall.  Full on Commercial Operation(Marked price does not include tax and is not discounted)

There is John Barnett AKA skunk head. (Also sells stale Krispy Kremes to pay for his daughters horse lessons)
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#12]
It was packed and then some. 007 and his buddy drove all the way up from BFE Pierce county to spend some cash, much appreciated gents, and R32 came by and bounced a check for some batts.  Oly-Da Bunny were complaining about being sold out all day.

R32, the old guy has some sorta tie to Oly,someone's in-law IIRC, but is not Oly's rep at the shows, that'd be Tom S. & Da Bunny solely. The guy behind me is Eric, he's a good guy. Sells a lot of FAL-AK parts. He sold 6 AMD parts kits today by 1pm.
 I met the same guy who was talking to R32 about manufacturing in SnoCo and he said he'd be threading bbls for $30ish. Just a matter of getting in touch with him this week. and having my handful of unthreaded stuff done. I'll report on the quality and get some contact info for him ASAP. Which VortexFH  is gonna fit my Mossberg 590?

What else....James= good deals-good guys, MiWall= So-So deals on some stuff, and sales tax on top of the advertised price.  They charge 8% more in OR IIRC due to the diff in sales tax.
Most of the other vendors seem a lil slow on the draw with the ban expiration. Some are realists and priced their stuff accordingly(Eric behind me), others are holding out for the last dime($2500 Colt Sporter type guy). Thankfully I'm not selling mags or guns so unless yall want some "preban"  books/lights/batts ya wont hear any "preban" spiel from me :) Unless yer talking about the WAC in house ban on anything they feel is "improper for the public image of WAC" i.e. anything they dont like/conversion manuals and such.
Overall it  was a decent show, if ya didnt get in early on Sat. dont expect to find much worth buying there tomorrow, ninny ninny boo boo. See ya tomorrow kids,
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are usually three.

There is James.- Busy 2-3 person show. (His price includes tax and is a cash discount price)

There is Miwall.  Full on Commercial Operation(Marked price does not include tax and is not discounted)

There is John Barnett AKA skunk head. (Also sells stale Krispy Kremes to pay for his daughters horse lessons)

Well, then there is a 4th outfit that had better prices than James and included tax in the price. They were the large outfit at the west (or right) side of the bldg.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are usually three.

Well, then there is a 4th outfit that had better prices than James and included tax in the price. They were the large outfit at the west (or right) side of the bldg.

That was probably MiWall.  Little laminated cards that identify everything they have on the tables.

When you see Miwalls price make sure you mark it up for the add on sales tax.

Sometimes they have what you want and James doesn't have it, sometimes James can't match their price, most times they can't/won't match his.

I buy from James first.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Anybody at the Monroe show with ambi-safety for the AR ???
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Was that crazy old bastard with the 10,000 buckets of parts there?  I need some old revolver parts and don't like driving to the damn show when I only will be buying friggin peanut brittle if he aint there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Was that crazy old bastard with the 10,000 buckets of parts there?  I need some old revolver parts and don't like driving to the damn show when I only will be buying friggin peanut brittle if he aint there.

If it's the guy with his 10,000 parts seperated into 1500 boxes, I've only seen him in Puyallup.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Tackle boxes of parts? Thats Cy and he only does Puyallup and points south. The only "parts guy" at Monroe is the gunsmith from Arlington, McMurray, can't say what he has though, whereas Cy prolly has it, or know who does.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Anybody at the Monroe show with ambi-safety for the AR ???

Not that I noticed, you might want to try out the guys in the center bldg, midwall from Tac Solutions?...( couple guys in black shirts with lots of scopes)... but I do have a tac-latch for you...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#20]
What are mag prices like?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Not so good, way better deals in shotgun news.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not so good, way better deals in shotgun news.

There was a CETME 20 rounder in the small room for $18!!!!  Had a bent up floor plate too.  Yes, the same mag in perfect condition can be found for/is worth $3.99, long befor the ban expiration...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh, I see, like I wasn't there.....you bitch....

Kevin never sticks around long enough for me to slip him the parts when Tom is out looking around...

I only had a little time to look around because the Oly Table was selling guns and parts like crack cocaine all weekend. We damn near ran out of everything. Magazine prices were a joke.

I actually found some rollpins for R-32 and brought them home with me, but I think I'll smack them around with a hammer first.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw a pair of Colt Match Targets for $750, but it looked like they had the goddamn sear block.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That F*<king place was pack'd to the gills....( lots of tables and people)

The only honest deal I saw on a new AR-15 was from the guy right behind NWReds table...He had a MEGA M-4 with bayo lug and fake can for $850.00

There was a Oly Plinker Plus, exact same rifle as the GI-16, that was used for the Oly Day at the Range on Sep 11. Tom was selling it for $489.00. It had 600 rounds thru it, without any malfunctions.

Buying the rifle in kit form, without the lower would cost $449.00.

It was a sweet deal and somebody scarfed it up on Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I actually found some rollpins for R-32 and brought them home with me, but I think I'll smack them around with a hammer first.

That is what I like about you bunny.....

If the shit dont fit...

Get a bigger hammer!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Are there stands for private sales for handguns? This will be my first time this october and im looking for a good priced used handgun.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Are there stands for private sales for handguns? This will be my first time this october and im looking for a good priced used handgun.

You will see plenty of used handguns for private sale, At a WAC show you have to buy a membership in order to by firearms, and that means you will go throug NICs, If you have a CPL you will be able to skip the NICs check, and save a few bucks....
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I still have the rollpin you need. Convince me to come out there to give it to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top