Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 9:39:03 PM EDT
So I was flipping through the Sportsmansguide Fall2004 Shooter's guide and land on page 50 where the AR collapsible stock is listed. I see $29.99, good deal as I don't have a lot of money. I read the whole ad and notice at the bottom that there is a note that refers me bakc to the index. In the index the note means that this collapsible stock CANNOT be shipped to CA (of course) and to my shock WA. WTH is up? We can't have CAR stocks shipped here now. I didn't think that was the case as I hadn't heard other places restricting shipping on the stocks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know either. CDNN won't ship M16 carriers here either.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Sportsman's Guide also wouldn't ship me an AR-15 bipod or high-cap Glock mags.  I inquired WTF, only to receive a form letter stating that they can't ship to certain places because of local laws blah blah blah.  I wound up buying the exact same bipod and mags from ASPI Tactical and Delta Force, who had no problems shipping to WA.  Sportsman's Guide seems to be losing business for no reason.

Incidentally, these items seem to be  legal in my area because they're sold at gun stores here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
They are wrong about WA. Only NFA stuff is illegal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Collapsible stocks CAN be shipped to Ca. SG doesn't do it because of their own policy.

Roy
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't know either. CDNN won't ship M16 carriers here either.

RCW 9.41.220
Unlawful firearms and parts contraband.

All machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, or short-barreled rifles, or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, illegally held or illegally possessed are hereby declared to be contraband, and it shall be the duty of all peace officers, and/or any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, to seize said machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or parts thereof, wherever and whenever found.

[1994 sp.s. c 7 § 421; 1933 c 64 § 4; RRS § 2518-4.]

That's why no M16 bolt carriers.  
I don't have an answer on the collapsable stocks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Won't ship the Chip McCormick Match triggers for an AR to CA or Washington either.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I have M16 carriers in both my uppers, but since they came that way, and it is meant for use in both M16 and AR15 carriers, I think its kosher. Auto sears and the like are what they are trying to ban.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Had an auto carrier in my RRA 9mm too, there is no Colt pattern semi carrier for the 9mm AR.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have M16 carriers in both my uppers, but since they came that way, and it is meant for use in both M16 and AR15 carriers, I think its kosher. Auto sears and the like are what they are trying to ban.

We hashed this out a while back and IIRC we as a group think that it's kosher too the question is does the .gov think it's kosher?

Quoted:
When we get the new Atty Gen, Rob McKenna, in place we can straighten those places out.

That is the plan.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
We hashed this out a while back and IIRC we as a group think that it's kosher too the question is does the .gov think it's kosher?

If a LEO starts looking closely at my uppers--I guess we'll find out
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If a LEO starts looking closely at my uppers--I guess we'll find out

Right, johnnylaw is going to know the difference between:

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I hope Mckenna can straighten this stuff out. I knew that NFA stuff couldn't be shipped here but I just found it odd that a collapsible stock couldn't be. I think anon23bf was right when he said that it was an SG thing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Never no. Might be prior service or something.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#15]
If you desire such additions, why not have them shipped to a friendly buddy and have him UPS them to you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you desire such additions, why not have them shipped to a friendly buddy and have him UPS them to you.

That's what I was going to do. I have got a buddy at work that lives in Orygun and he said he would order it for me. I just found it odd that the stock wouldn't be shipped to WA.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Just buy an Oly telescopic stock.
Some guy named Da-Bunny is giving them away.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So I was flipping through the Sportsmansguide Fall2004 Shooter's guide and land on page 50 where the AR collapsible stock is listed. I see $29.99, good deal as I don't have a lot of money. I read the whole ad and notice at the bottom that there is a note that refers me bakc to the index. In the index the note means that this collapsible stock CANNOT be shipped to CA (of course) and to my shock WA DC. WTH is up? We can't have CAR stocks shipped here now. I didn't think that was the case as I hadn't heard other places restricting shipping on the stocks.

There

ETA: My oly came with an M16 carrier
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#19]
you talking about me yankee man?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You guys with the "M16" carriers, what is the measurement from the front of the bolt carrier to the front of the bottom lip on the carrier?

5 11/32" +/- a RCH
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
you talking about me yankee man?  

I forgot you are in Orygun too. I was actually thinking of the guy I work with on Friday's. But you are the better choice here. We'll talk on Monday.

Quoted:
Just buy an Oly telescopic stock.
Some guy named Da-Bunny is giving them away.

Really?!?!? Dabunny you got two you wanna "give away?"
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
11/32? Carpenters, sheesh.

Should be right at 5" +/-, not 5.34"

OK, I'll own up to being a carpenter, but am I to be held responsible for Oly not relieving the BC enough?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:49:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
didn't know you were a carpenter HABU, no offense. That's an old survey joke. Engineers deal in decimals, everyone else deals in fractions.

Relieved is relieved, besides just an auto carrier in the rifle is not enough to make the rifle fire full auto. Hence, even if it is an auto carrier there is no problem.

No offense taken. You didn't mean to offend and I didn't take it that way. Yep, Union Carpenter for eleven years and Rat Bastard for ten before that. My tape was more handy than my micromoter and I knew someone was gonna call me on it.

So whats the deal, is 5" the end all dimension for M16 BC's? I was told by a friend at the range that it was an M16 BC and it was cool to have one. Plus it is closest to the M16 BC in the above picture.

I should have added a smilie to my last post, as I was trying to be a smart ass, not defensive.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top