Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 5:51:36 PM EDT
I know this sounds like a joke...but it has expired today? Right? Someone answer....and I will give you a story you may or may not believe.

Please  I am loosing it

Scott
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Its gone. Go down and pick up your 6920

You get the Money Order I sent?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I did...thank you!!! I forgot to email you You are the most responsible "kid" I have ever met, I think I also forgot to post in the EE feedback for you. I will do it in just a few minutes after I gather my senses!!!!

Is the HK .45 for sale ?

Went up to Kesselrings today to pick up some magazines for the 6920 I am picking up tomorrow (could not get down to the shop today).

Walked into the place, up to the counter and asked how much ten-30round AR15 magazines would cost me. He said...you can’t buy them - they are LEO. I started to laugh a little as I thought he was pulling my leg.

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER. They absolutely would not listen to me, and insisted that the ban expires tomorrow (the 14th).  I kept my cool, but explained to them they should look in the newspaper or on the Internet.  

He would hear nothing of my attempt to convince him it had expired this morning and started helping other customers. Can you believe it Ryan? I swear I have just about had it with that place. It is sad, as they have good prices on a lot of stuff - and are very knowledgeable...but NOTHING can make up for their arrogant condescending attitude towards "AR15" fans!!!!! [Insert Howard Dean scream here
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>
Is the HK .45 for sale ?
<snip>

Huh? Wha?

Move along...nothing to see here  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Gues you missed my post about Kesselrings....

Quoted:
Went up to Kesselrings today to pick up some magazines for the 6920 I am picking up tomorrow (could not get down to the shop today).

Walked into the place, up to the counter and asked how much ten-30round AR15 magazines would cost me. He said...you can’t buy them - they are LEO. I started to laugh a little as I thought he was pulling my leg.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Gues you missed my post about Kesselrings....

Quoted:

I just read your post....interesting. They had giant cardboard boxes of hangun magazines behind the handgun counter amongst the rest of the stuff laying all over the place

I asked him how much a USP Compact 9mm 13rnd would be and he quoted me 26.00 on Tuesday. They had some pretty big boxes, and guys were hauling them in from the mysterious warehouse and "downstairs".

So do you think they were just "playing it safe" by one day?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No, I think they are just being the typical, un-informed asshats that have come to symbolize Kesselring's over the years.  I don't even think I will bother going up there for reloading supplies.  I've found most of what I need closer to home for just a small increase in cost.  That more than makes up for the drive and shitty customer service.  I once had to walk out, leaving my $10 purchase behind, because the guy at the register felt I should wait until he was done with all the tire-kickers.  Haven't been back since......

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I think they are just being the typical, un-informed asshats that have come to symbolize Kesselring's over the years.  I don't even think I will bother going up there for reloading supplies.  I've found most of what I need closer to home for just a small increase in cost.  That more than makes up for the drive and shitty customer service.  I once had to walk out, leaving my $10 purchase behind, because the guy at the register felt I should wait until he was done with all the tire-kickers.  Haven't been back since......

Scott-

I have have lived about 8 miles from Kesselrings all of my life (37yrs). In the "old days" it used to be a fun place to go, nice people, good prices, and just about everything under the sun.

I am sure they are nice to the "old timers" (long time hunters and family). I have seen old man Kesselring grinning ear to ear talking about some kind of bolt action or shot gun, and then see his face sink into something simular to John Kerry's grimace when somebody asks him a question or wants to handle an AR15. In my experiences there is only about 2-3 guys in the whole place that are polite to John Q. Public (and that is on a good day).

I wish I could find the links to some of the stories I have posted about my experiences up there. I could tell you about 20 right off the top of my head without thinking about it too much, and countless other observations of people walking right out the door with their checkbooks still open, credit cards in hand.

I have seen them "walk" (ignore or be rude to)  customers right out the door with their check books still open, or credit cards still in their hand.

I know a business associate who is freinds with one of the bookkeepers there...and it is "claimed" that they have 30K+ in retail sales a day at times, and even more through wholesale distributing to smaller gunshops.  

I guess they just dont need to be nice to us "small guys" anymore

Scott #2
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Sad.... very sad.

Not you, but that shop....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sad.... very sad.

Not you, but that shop....

No...you are right on both accounts...I am sad, and the place is sad too. It is such a shame to see a place get so stuck up and rude. If I won the lottery, I would open up a shop just to treat people the right way.

Maybe if I had to deal with as many people as they do in a day, year after year,  I would probably get a little grumpy as well....but man, these guys are just beyond belief most of the time.

I felt so sorry for one of the nice guys who work there during our little heat wave last month. It must have been 90* + in that place, and there was only two little cheap dusty fans in the whole place I could see. I jokingly asked the guy if the boss would install an air conditioning system for them....he just got a dismal smirk on his face and said, "I don't think so".

S2 (Scott #2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top