Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 1:58:04 AM EDT
Went in to put in my application...found out they only do it "by appointment" at my local PD station. Called up Redmond PD, and they only do it from 9-11am Tuesday and Thursday.

Made an appointment with the local PD to do it Wednesday.

What gives? I thought you just show some ID, fill out some paperwork, pay the fee, and are on your way...within 30 days, you are granted the permit?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

What gives? I thought you just show some ID, fill out some paperwork, pay the fee, and are on your way...within 30 days, you are granted the permit?

You can at the SPD downtown Seattle.  I believe all other stations make you jump through hoops.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#2]
You cant even get into the military, what makes you think they will give you a CCW?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Lacey PD lets you do it mon-fri 8a-4p
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Went in to put in my application...found out they only do it "by appointment" at my local PD station. Called up Redmond PD, and they only do it from 9-11am Tuesday and Thursday.

Made an appointment with the local PD to do it Wednesday.

You forgot the fingerprints.

That is most likely going to be the reason given for requiring the appointment.

Wow and right from Redmonds webpage:

Where do I go to have  fingerprints taken?
The Redmond Police Department provides fingerprinting services on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 – 11:00 A.M.

How do I obtain a Concealed  Pistol License?
Per State Law, you must apply for a CPL in the jurisdiction that you reside in. City of Redmond residents may apply for a CPL between the hours of 9:00 – 11:00 A.M., Tuesday or Thursday, at the front counter of the department (Records Division). The application process takes about 30 minutes and requires current picture ID. If your ID does not have a current Redmond address on it, please bring proof of residency, such as a utility bill. CPLs cost $60.00 and are valid for 5 years once issued. If you need to renew your CPL, you may do so during the hours listed above. The fee is $32.00. If you renew your CPL within 90 days after the expiration date, the fee is $42.00. CPLs that are more than 90 days expired are no longer valid; you must reapply.

You should work on those recon skills a bit, I think.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw the website, called in just to make sure.

Ridiculous that they make ya jump through hoops like that....unless of course, they only fingerprint criminals from 9-11am Tuesday and Thursday...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ridiculous that they make ya jump through hoops like that....unless of course, they only fingerprint criminals from 9-11am Tuesday and Thursday...

Jump through hoops?

Try looking at what people in other states go through to get thier CPL/CCW sometime.
Just for fun go look into MIs procedure now that they have become Shall-issue.

WA is easier than PIE!

If you want to get fingerprinted outside of those hours I suggest commiting a crime, get caught, and get booked into their lockup.  That'll get you fingerprinted and some nice photos taken too.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Hoops???

Couple bucks and 15 minutes during open hours is tough??

It is harder to get a Drivers License...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Whats the cost to re-new?  Mine's up next month.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Concealed Pistol License

$32/$10 late penalty

www.dol.wa.gov/ppu/firfront.htm

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If you wanted to get printed at the jail, I'm sure they could help you out.

Don't sweat it, this is a shall issue state.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Better make your appointment.  Last time I called in about a month before mine was due and they told me that there were no openings available for nearly two months.  Yes I had to pay a late fee because they "couldn't get me in" and there is no fingerprinting on renewals.  All you do is fill out a form and hand it back to the lady.  It's just red tape I tell you!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better make your appointment.  Last time I called in about a month before mine was due and they told me that there were no openings available for nearly two months.  Yes I had to pay a late fee because they "couldn't get me in" and there is no fingerprinting on renewals.  All you do is fill out a form and hand it back to the lady.  It's just red tape I tell you!!!

You had to make an appointment to RENEW? That's BS. What jurisdiction?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yes, King Co Precinct 3 (Maple Valley)
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell yeah thats BS.  I'll call them today. Thanks for the heads-up!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

:: sigh ::
It's not like this is a new procedure for them.

www.metrokc.gov/sheriff/services/gun_permits/

If you renew at a King County Sheriff's Office precinct or substation, you need to call ahead to make an appointment.

If you go to the King County Courthouse it's walk in service.   Application hours are 8:30 am to 4 p.m. weekdays, excluding holidays.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top