Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 10:20:03 AM EDT
I figure if we start planning a shoot now for some time around halloween then nobody can say they didn't have enough notice. or they have time to reschedule their OBGYN appointments. That gives almost 2 months notice. Plenty of time to stock up on ammo. Plenty of time to save up cash for 2 metric tons of tannerite. Any date suggestions? I'll add a poll when i get home from work tonight. Anyone who doesn't show up has to wear a pink speedo to the following WAC show.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone who doesn't show up has to wear a pink speedo to the following WAC show.

And that is different than anyother day how?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.  Pretty much any date is good for me.  Man, always having weekends off is nice!  Talk to SuperChicken about getting the pink speedos back.  I think he had them last....
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in. What part of town you all plan on shooting in?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]
keep in mind that i'm painfully new here, but what's a WAC?

jim
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
keep in mind that i'm painfully new here, but what's a WAC?

jim

Washington Arms Collectors

WAC
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Can I just wear the peach colored ones I already have?  By the way, consider this notice for next year's slide lake fishing trip.  Be there Kooter.

Ask around your parts for local knowledge of Castle lake up on st. helens.  I want to do that one in the next two years also.  10lb wild trout.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Either late October or early November I will be in Belize. I don't know which, annd the decision is not mine to make. Don't schedule it at the same time as Gunstock. I would like to see some of you WA guys down there!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone who doesn't show up has to wear a pink speedo to the following WAC show. hr

Can I just wear the peach colored ones I already have?  By the way, consider this notice for next year's slide lake fishing trip.  Be there Kooter.

Ask around your parts for local knowledge of Castle lake up on st. helens.  I want to do that one in the next two years also.  10lb wild trout.

We are on for Slide lake next year, July-ish right? I have heard people talk about castle lake, but I haven't paid much attention to them. I'd be all over some 10 lb trout!!

I think gunstock weekend would be bad. That would give 1GR another excuse not to show up i'll dig out my calendar and check some dates and add a poll in a little bit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are on for Slide lake next year, July-ish right? I have heard people talk about castle lake, but I haven't paid much attention to them. I'd be all over some 10 lb trout!!

I think gunstock weekend would be bad. That would give 1GR another excuse not to show up i'll dig out my calendar and check some dates and add a poll in a little bit.

OK......now that I have signed out of my wife's acount

Just imagine I said all the above stuff........
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#10]
oct 16-17 is gunstock so i figured that is out, also Monroe WAC show

oct 23-34  open

oct 30-31 is halloween

Nov 6-7 is Puyallup WAC show

nov 13-14  open

any other ideas?

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I am going steelhead fishing in Idaho the weekend of the 23rd. Seahawks game on 31st, I'll go 6-7.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I voted Oct 23-24 just because it was the earliest date but put me down for whichever is the most poplular.  The weekend of Halloween is the least best just because right before the election we should be out tearing down sKerry signs that are on public roadways (not at private residences, that would be vandelism) and pushing for the proper congressional candidates...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I got 2 words for ya:

Hunting Season.

the only thing open nov 6-7 is moose, bear, cougar, and elk

bear and cougar is open forever, so you can miss one weekend.

if you got a moose permit then you are excused although it is a pretty long season...(oct 1- nov 30)

eastside elk closes on the 7th so if you don't have an elk by the last weekend you probably won't get one anyway

west side elk is open though (nov 6-14) If you get one on the morning of the 6th then you can attend that evening and the following day and bring me some elk steaks

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I voted nov 6 and 7 but I am pretty much open any of those weekends.  Just have to run the Tivo on overdrive for all my football games.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I voted nov 6 and 7 but I am pretty much open any of those weekends.  Just have to run the Tivo on overdrive for all my football games.

Why?? The ducks or going to suck this year anyway!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I’d like to come up for one of your shoots, have to see if there’ll be another Oregon shoot at that time, pending that, I should be able to be there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#18]
The 23,24 some folks are trying to get a shoot together at Brown's Camp but any other date would work for me.

Bang
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh crap, I just remembered that I'm going to be gone on Nov 6-7.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I don't think you read the thread title.......

Next shoot.......No excuses.......POLL ADDED

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I dont see your smiley face there buckoo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll be on the Caribean choking down Mai Tais with CVs OBGYN!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Kooter said "No excuses", I already cleared my schedule for 6-7.

Refuckingschedule.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Kooter said "No excuses", I already cleared my schedule for 6-7.

Refuckingschedule.

I'll forward you to the little one and you can explain that to her.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I saw the way she beattheshitoutof er, controlled that big ass horse.

Did you miss what I said???

Kooter said, Next shoot.......No excuses

Send her little ass down to talk to Kooter!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I would advise Kooter to Reschedule, unless he plans on swallowing hard the rest of his life trying to get his balls back where they belong!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I got 2 words for ya:

Hunting Season.

That's right.  I've got to redeem my ticket for one free turkey hunting lesson w/ 1GR.

I almost gave myself the lesson at slide lake this year.  Coming back down the mountain a turkey ran along the road next to my car, roosted in a tree and then I pulled over and actually started to draw my .45 before I came to my senses.  I could've started a forest fire.

And I may have missed the bird also.

Apparently, the locals to Darrington told me, that town residents have been releasing them themselves the last couple of years in hopes of creating a self sustaining population.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#28]
where would the shoot be?  I'm on the dry side of the state...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Kooter said, Next shoot.......No excuses

yeah....i'll take pictures....and stuff......

where would the shoot be? I'm on the dry side of the state...

we shoot just outside of chehalis. we meet at exit #77(I-5) park-n-ride at about 8:45. and leave for the pit at 9 sharp!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I put in for the 6-7th but am open as far as I can tell
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got 2 words for ya:

Hunting Season.

the only thing open nov 6-7 is moose, bear, cougar, and elk

bear and cougar is open forever, so you can miss one weekend.

if you got a moose permit then you are excused although it is a pretty long season...(oct 1- nov 30)

eastside elk closes on the 7th so if you don't have an elk by the last weekend you probably won't get one anyway

west side elk is open though (nov 6-14) If you get one on the morning of the 6th then you can attend that evening and the following day and bring me some elk steaks

Ducks & Geese Oct. 16-18 Oct. 23-Jan. 30 2005
Pheasants Oct. 23- Dec. 31
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#33]
For a minute I was thinking I was the only one around here that hunted. It seems that the unpussified are in the minority.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
For a minute I was thinking I was the only one around here that hunted. It seems that the unpussified are in the minority.

I havent hunted yet in this state.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I haven't done any hunting since i moved back to washington last year. have been thinking about going out and trying for some grouse or coyotes though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Will there be a camp out, large fire and drinking involved?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yes Will there will be a camp aroundout, large fire and large drinking involved?

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Will there be a camp out, large fire and drinking involved?

God I hope so!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Problem being is you are talking about having a shoot on opening day of elk season in a heavily hunted elk area.

The locals may not be so friendly to a group of outsiders sending 10k + rounds down range on that day.

I will be at elk camp from around Nov 4-14 near Mt. Adams.

Hmmm.....good point, i didn't think about it being opening day up there.......perhaps we could have the shoot somewhere other than chehalis since so far everyone prefers the 6-7...any suggestions? anybody?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#41]
looks like Oct 23-24 and nov 6-7 is running neck and neck. I won't be able to attend the 24th cause I have to work. but I could probably manage the 23rd. (I can feel a cold coming on already)

Nov 6-7 probably won't be able to happen down in chehalis cause of opening of elk season, so if these are the dates we pick, we should probably pick somewhere else to do the shoot.

thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Looks like Oct 23-24 may be the better choice.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Looks like Oct 23-24 may be the better choice.....

2wP has spoken!!
I think you are right. New thread started
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top