BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 10:37:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
This guy sounds like a real winner, I hope he gets whats coming to him.  I'm glad to see the injury wasnt as serious as it could have been lets hope there isnt a next time.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm.. This is the kind of thread that makes one want to go out and buy a suppressor....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hmmm.. This is the kind of thread that makes one want to go out and buy a suppressor....

Why do it quetly??? OOooops....Slipped....

So Sorry...

Sorry to hear about that Stokes...That is some serious BS to deal with to say the least. I will have to say I commend you on your restraint.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Gawd-Damn 6 pages long, and the responses that make any sense might make one page.

So Stokes, what's the deal?

Dog dead yet?
Owner got on his knees and apologized?

I am glad your daughter is ok.
You do have a considerable amount of restraint.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:28:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dog is in the pound.  They are holding it for 10 days to make sure it is disease free, then they are destroying it.  Randy has already signed over the release papers.

Randy has been warned by the Animal Control officer that he will more likely than not be charged criminally.  Animal Control said that he took the news well, as he was expecting it.

He was also warned by Animal Control that he will probably be sued in civil court.  He seemed to understand that also.

I'm not concerned about retaliation.  He's stupid, but he's also too scared to do anything that stupid.  The neighbor said Randy was relieved that I didn't engage him.  I'm looking at my civil posibilities right now, to include Animal Control Services.

Most importantly, Savannah is in good spirits and her physical injuries are healing nicely.  She'll probably not even have a scar.

Glad to hear your baby is OK...And that the dog is history.  Perhaps you and your lawyer can sue the shit out of the landowner and you can add his property to your stash.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Most importantly, Savannah is in good spirits and her physical injuries are healing nicely.  She'll probably not even have a scar.

This is the most important thing.  Glad to hear it  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:32:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:Glad to hear your baby is OK...And that the dog is history.  Perhaps you and your lawyer can sue the shit out of the landowner and you can add his property to your stash.

Like stated several times....Main thing is your daughter is going to be alright. If I were voting I would have to say Animal Control is where the majority of the blame is if it laid with anyone else but the owner. Animal Control did not do their job from what it sounds like to say the least. Control being the key word. I have a hard time thinking the landowner is at fault because some scumbag can't keep control of their dog and the very people we as tax payers fund to help contol animals either.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm glad your daughter will recover, and it sounds like the right things are finally being done by government in this instance.  

It sounds like you demonstrated amazing restraint.  If something like this had happened to my daughter (15 months) I would have hunted that dog down and PUT him down myself (.45 ACP.)  

I'm very disapponted with the system in this case, as it sounds like this would have been totally avoided had they followed the laws.  My opinion about dangerous dogs is "one bite and your dead."  Thankfully I don't have any neighbors with such animals.  

Again, well wishes for your daughter for a full recovery, physically and emotionally.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#12]

[jekyl] Thats fucking bullshit.

[hyde]You did indeed show massive constraint.

Im glad to hear Savannah is doing ok!!!

I am pissed at Animal Control for not insuring he had the full surety bond as required by law, 'cuz you can damn sure bet if it was one of us with whatever insurance they would have our balls in a vise.

Stokes, get a good lawyer, and get that girl a college fund. Then take her back for another ice cream cone.

And if fuckmutt is small compared to you, you are gonna have to invite me down.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top