Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 9:04:04 PM EDT
For the whole story, click here.

I hope no one in here is as dumb as the guys in general, not knowing what "burgled" means.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
That totally sucks.  I hope you get some justice from your insurance company.

I personally would NEVER put any of my shit into one of those mini storage places. All activity I see at those places is approx  80% white trash / gypsy types always on the move. Hardly the element I would want any of my worthwhile stuff stashed in. I would say maybe 10-20% of their customers are normal folks on the move / in a bind to temporarliy stash a few things away .... the rest appears to be a bunch of riff-raff.

Rental insurance is dirt cheap on a 6 month policy. And a more than wise investment incase your homeowners policy does not cover goods stashed away from your primary residence.

best of luck

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Rental insurance is dirt cheap on a 6 month policy. And a more than wise investment incase your homeowners policy does not cover goods stashed away from your primary residence.

Years ago my family had a storage unit full of stuff and the etire storage bldg burned down.  The unit was in my parents name although everyone in the family used it.  My parent homeowners policy covered everything that was in it for all of us. I'm not sure about your homeowners policy or if things have changes since then but it is possible that it would be covered. YMMV

Having your stuff burgled is worse though in a way.  You gotta hate thieves!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top