Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 9:10:46 AM EDT
I'm considering a reddot/ holo/ geewhiz type of AR sight system. My question is: if I was looking in the cheap to mid range (that is to say, I want ACOG but can't afford it!) what's the general consensus? I've been looking at Eotechs, Tri Reflex, Aimpoint comp C/M, now I'm lost. Anyone with experience with any of these? I have flattops and A2s, probably get something for each. Waddya think, hmmm?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to know from folks who have tried them too.  I want something good, but as many of you know, I'm a cheap bastard so I want the most for my cash w/o spending much of it.  Hell, what do I care, I can't hit shit anyway!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
2WP: Try rolling it into little balls first.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#3]
i don't have any of them, but from what i have seen here on AR15 and from people i have talked with that have them, i am going to get an eotech when i get some cash saved up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say get the Eotech then. I know a couple of  guys I work with that uses them and are pleased.  I use the Aimpoint ML2 on my patrol rifle but it cost a little more when you had the mounting system. Here's a picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/reddog132/Photo11.jpg

Don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Lumpy it was because of your endorsement I went with the Aimpoint. Thanks.Reddog132
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the  EOTech, and know two associates that change over from aimpoint to EOTech.

BUT, the ACOG is best if you can come up with the money.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, guys, I really appreciate the clues. AND the pix. I just noticed the forum for optics, so I'll troll over there a while, see what I can learn. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Aimpoint and several EOtechs...While both good sights there is an inch of dust on my Aimpoint.

Things I like on the EOtech better than my Aimpoint...
Built in mount (Aimpoint has about $125 into the mount)
Auto Off function (My Aimpoint is probably still on in the safe)
Parralax Free since its not a Tube Optic
1MOA center Dot (IIRC Aimpoint is 4MOA)
65MOA cirle in Recticle
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Aimpoint and Eotechs are the only game in town.

Lumpy must be another cheap bastage.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I prefer Aimpoint to the EOTech and non BAC ACOGs.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I prefer Aimpoint to the EOTech and non BAC ACOGs.

+1 on the Aimpoint.  Makes a blind guy like me into a pretty decent shooter.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
+1 on the Aimpoint.  Makes a blind guy like me into a pretty decent shooter.  

Im half ass blind myself. I have neer used an Aimpoint.

I have a battery rifle and a non battery rifle.

Surefire & EOTech vs. Reflex II. And Lumpy is right, it is Ford vs. Chevy, and ymmv.

I like my Reflex for the reason I got trijicon in the first place. No batteries. Not now, not ever. Dot is always there, it loves me long time.

The EOTech is good, shoots great, like the trijicon, dead ass on, but that damn battery crack habit, while not bad, still needed.

<insert tinfoil> TEOTWAWKI & SHTF there will be no battery resupply.

I had ACOG compact, and tried it out for a few thousand miles, I wanted something heads up for my main AR bitch, not a damn scope.  The Reflex worked much better in that application imho.

BTW- From Experience- Bushnell Holosigh/ ATN- Save your money.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#14]
So, how much of a piece of crap is this:

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/es1x50tp.asp

Leatherwood ES1x50TP  $99.95

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So, how much of a piece of crap is this:

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/es1x50tp.asp

You get what you pay for.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top