Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 11:26:56 AM EDT

What is a spoiled primary ballot?

A ballot is spoiled in Washington State's new primary if the voter has acted or failed to act in marking the ballot in such a way that prevents the partisan portion of the ballot from being counted.

Stalin said it does NOT matter who casts the vote, only who counts them

ButtSucking traitors tell people how to vote or throw the vote out

Since when does the gov. decide how you can vote and for who?

It is time to vote with the 308 hole punch method.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as people dont want to do anything about it we will continue to be pushed around by our elected rulers...

But hey "We" are all "Republicans" here anyway right?

And none of "us" would ever not vote outside party lines right?

see what I mean?

If my vote is not going to count because I choose to vote outside of the party line, I simpley will not vote in a crooked system any longer...

Lets get it over with!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Lets get it over with!

Amen

Everytime they play that propaganda shit showing voters as an Elephant, Donkey, a greeny in drag followed by a pig a Giraffe and a host of other animals it makes my blood boil, then the lying commie bitch from the propagenda program comes telling me how to vote it is just too much to take.

"They" show their utter comtempt for the people by portraying them as animals, the troubling thing is, they seem to be right about the majority, although it is an unfair slight against animals.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

A ballot is spoiled in Washington State's new primary if the voter has acted or failed to act in marking the ballot in such a way that prevents the partisan portion of the ballot from being counted.

What are you talking about?  I read that page and do not understand your anger.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

http://www.secstate.wa.gov/office/osos_news.aspx?i=N3h88TQAK7PoZTehhuFMWw%3d%3d

From the page=

The new primary does require voters to:

* Pick one political party for the day of the primary only;

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the primary system over the caucus system we used to have.  The change really isn't all that major, as you  had to declare a party and choose along those lines at the caucuses as well.  The primary system has made it a lot easier for people to cast a vote for the person they want to run.  How many here ever went to a caucus?  I never did....
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Put the crack pipe down and step away from arfcom
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

STRATIOTES, you are an idiot... your elected representatives in Washington State did NOT support the present primary system, which was forced by the policitial parties, both Republician and Democrat.  The parties believe that only they should have the right to place a candidate on the general election ballot and sued the State citing the recent US Supreme Court decision on the California primary system.  If you are a 'registered' republican, you need to let Chris Vance know how much you dislike the present system.  Vance does not hold an elected position in this State, he is the chair of the State Republican party.

Scollins, Washington State never had a 'caucus' system except for the selection of delegates to the presidential conventions.  Every State and local candidate was (is) first decided on the primary ballot... the top canditate in each party from the primary is listed on the general ballot.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Washington state constitution
SECTION 8 IRREVOCABLE PRIVILEGE, FRANCHISE OR IMMUNITY PROHIBITED. No law granting irrevocably any privilege, franchise or immunity, shall be passed by the legislature

Advocating Life. Liberty and Property what an idiot.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.

-- Patrick Henry

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Washington state constitution
SECTION 8 IRREVOCABLE PRIVILEGE, FRANCHISE OR IMMUNITY PROHIBITED. No law granting irrevocably any privilege, franchise or immunity, shall be passed by the legislature

Advocating Life. Liberty and Property what an idiot.h=85%

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.

-- Patrick Henry

Yeah, you lost the constitutional battle in the Courts... it was the Republican party that brought the suit AGAINST the 'old' primary system. You are an idiot if you thing .gov forced the new primary system... it was the parties.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Scollins, Washington State never had a 'caucus' system except for the selection of delegates to the presidential conventions.  Every State and local candidate was (is) first decided on the primary ballot... the top canditate in each party from the primary is listed on the general ballot.

Huh, I thought everything was decided by the caucuses.  But now that I think back, I do remember "primary" votes in the past.  I voted so many times that I can't hardly keep track of what/when/where/how it seems like.

I'm setup as a permanent absentee, so all the ballots get mailed to my house.  WAY better than trudging off the polling places.  Plus, I can do last second research on candidates.  I highly suggest this method to everyone.  That, and you NEVER miss a vote.  They had a tax levy vote come up in Renton a few months back, and it was the only thing on the ballot....
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#13]
OnlyMeImAfraind, are you an LEO?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Nope, I just believe in civics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yeah, you lost the constitutional battle in the Courts... it was the Republican party that brought the suit AGAINST the 'old' primary system. You are an idiot if you thing .gov forced the new primary system... it was the parties.

Oh I see, the organized criminal syndicate of black robed robbers decided the issue.

ARTICLE I
DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SECTION 1 POLITICAL POWER. All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights

"When government turns bad, the best of people ultimately become criminals. The people don't change; the laws do. Initiative, dissent, individual pleasures, and exercise of one's basic rights become 'crimes'."
--Claire Wolfe
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you. I was wondering because usually the first guy to use the term "elected representatives" is an LEO.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Oh I see, the organized criminal syndicate of black robed robbers decided the issue.hr

Right, and it wasn't the State Courts, it was the federal courts... but the suit was brought by the parties... if there is any blame it, in my opinion, lies there.  This whole issue has been ongoing for at least 2 years, with both the Secretary of State (a republican) and the Attorney General (a democrat) fighting for Washington's traditional, very populist, primary system.  

Combat_Jack... this is why I personally belive in high schools civics and the teaching of Washington State history.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you. I was wondering because usually the first guy to use the term "elected representatives" is an LEO.

There is no other way to make a distinction between the legislature and the parties...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yet you do not act civil?...

Why the hostility at Strat right off the bat?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree that he went a little too far, but its not something I am going to get worked up about.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Combat_Jack... this is why I personally belive in high schools civics and the teaching of Washington State history.

Good then you can tell which Washington state constitution is on file in D.C.

You do know there are two washington state constitutions don't you?

As long as we are talking Washington state history lets see if you know any.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#22]
wow.........I need a beer
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
wow.........I need a beer

I have Beer, Do you have any popcorn?

I have a funny feeling school is about to start early this year!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:11:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:17:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
civics

The branch of political science that deals with civic affairs and the rights and duties of citizens.

civil

5. Sufficiently observing or befitting accepted social usages; not rude: a civil reply. See Synonyms at polite.

[Middle English, from Latin cvlis, from cvis, citizen. See civic.]

While the two words do share a common root they are only vaguely related. No where is that more easily seen than online.

Thanks for the schooling TWEAK....

Maybe next time I will just come out and say...

Why are you being such a dick so early in the game?

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:56:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Whoops. I don't remember getting anything in the mail about it, but then again, that is the problem with having roommates. Some mail they might think is junk mail and I never see it.

I just looked it up, and it was back in February, so more than just "a few months back."  More like 6 months ago.  Sorry about that.  But it was the only issue on the ballot.   Anyway, it was a $150 million school bond  that failed by 18 votes on the recount.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.secstate.wa.gov/office/osos_news.aspx?i=N3h88TQAK7PoZTehhuFMWw%3d%3d

From the page=

The new primary does require voters to:

* Pick one political party for the day of the primary only;

Why wouldn't they...

It's the PRIMARY, the purpose of which is to pick YOUR PARTY'S candidate...

We have the same thing in WI, it makes for some thought if you are going to 'crossover vote'...

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

It's the PRIMARY, the purpose of which is to pick YOUR PARTY'S candidate...

I have been checking this out a little more in the last couple of days, and I think it is not really that bad of a deal, It does keep the other side from stacking the vote by sticking it to the other side, and I guess that as long on the big day you can vote whatever you want, then it really does not  matter.....

To me it really is turning into a Vote within a Vote....
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#30]
The point is the gov is NOT supposed to tell you in what way you can vote.

A constitution is supposed to limit the government from infringing on individual rights, the American man is supposed to be sovereign, superior to government which is the creation of a living breathing soul.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the CONSENT of the governed,

No infringement of rights should be tolerated.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The point is the gov is NOT supposed to tell you in what way you can vote.

A constitution is supposed to limit the government from infringing on individual rights, the American man is supposed to be sovereign, superior to government which is the creation of a living breathing soul.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the CONSENT of the governed,

No infringement of rights should be tolerated.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

So if it did not have to goto the courts for ruleing, and was simply hashed out by the Democrat/Republican/Lib/ Party's would you have been O.K. with it? I agree that Infringement of rights should not be tolerated, but at this point of the game it is no more than someone telling you to pick the team you want to play on in a group of teams, and you are going to pick your team's captian...Later on down the road ( Elections) you can still pick guys from the other team  to lead the whole group of teams...

Am I wrong, or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I just noticed that this was post "223" for STRATIOTES.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just noticed that this was post "223" for STRATIOTES.

Miss'd that myself......Damn he is fast!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Am I wrong, or am I missing something?

Do not accept evil as inevitable, fight it.

Your rights were not taken away by the vote, they were taken away by the force of arms, the only way to take them back is with the force of arms.

Chatting on the internet is a good start as long as it leads to forming a capable organization that can shoot move and COMMUNICATE.

Most crimes are frustrated by the mere presence of a firearm, credible force can restore the rule of law without harm, just as most rogue nations do not attack the U.S. becuase of its military strength.

Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Only rooftop votes count
Page Hometown » Washington
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top