Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2004 8:40:00 AM EDT
What's everyone's opinion on Dave Helton's gunsmithing work?

I'm looking for both pro and con opinions if anyone has any.

I'm thinking about getting the trigger pull on my AR reduced down to the 3lbs zone.  I know about the spring mod as well as the kit that's available from Brownells.  My thinking was that if it didn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd rather have a pro do it instead of me in the garage.

It seems like Dave is the only one the in area that does work on ARs.  (Does anyone know of anyone else who does?)  So I figured, I'd get opinions of what people who have dealt with him before thought of his work before I sent my AR into him.

A friend of mine had him do some work on his Rem-700 awhile back and was not terribly impressed, that's only one voice.

Let me know what you think, and thanks.

-Frank

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I second what Stokes said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top