Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 12:06:09 PM EDT
So, you're a drunk, hunh??

Let's start planning to meet at one of the local BDF watering holes to decided what to do about cleaning up The Pit.

I only allow myself ONE drink at a time now (per DAY, gentlemen...), but, I'll be glad to meet and have one with the crew and get the ball rolling for us to get out and clean up one of our favorite shooting venues.

Who's in and when?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]

I'm in... How about mid-january. Like the 12th or 13th, or the 19th or 20th?

Chris
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.  Any weekend is usually good for me as far as the cleanup day.  As far as the planning night out at the bar, well I'm almost always good for that!

I am wondering, though, what are we supposed to do with the "stuff" that we clean out of the pits?  I mean, a few garbage bags full are no big deal but what do you do with computers, tvs, stereos, cars etc?  Just curious....
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm in.  Any weekend is usually good for me as far as the cleanup day.  As far as the planning night out at the bar, well I'm almost always good for that!

I am wondering, though, what are we supposed to do with the "stuff" that we clean out of the pits?  I mean, a few garbage bags full are no big deal but what do you do with computers, tvs, stereos, cars etc?  Just curious....

I can handle anything that is done on the Basin Rd, for the most part. I have a buddy that is a big-wig in the county roads dept. I can usually get free pick up w/ dump truck and tractor, or given a pass to the dump. (about 20 miles away)
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice R-32, now that's what I'm talking about!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm planning on attending the Monroe show on, ahem, MY 48th BIRTHDAY..., cough, January 17th/Saturday.

I might be up for the Red Beer Chicken Fried Steak breakfast thing, then go to the show for a bit, and then head down for some clean-up/shooting.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you thinking about Sultan or G-F?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking of GF, but, I've never been to the Sultan area.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Assuming G-F is still open, Sultan is much messier and could use more help.  With that in mind, G-F would be much easier to clean and keep clean.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]

I was assuming GF as well.

I was under the impression that the nice pit in Sultan is closed...

Chris
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My pit is clean

I am going to go on record that I am willing to let that statement go unverified.

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Weekends are bad for me, days off=Thurs and Tues.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I was up there 2 weeks ago & was thinking about going up there to do some cleaning on my own, it was looking pretty shabby. Couldn't help but think how this is the type of stuff that makes us all look bad. Got to work again this weekend, let me know what ya all come up w/.

.......Paul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top