Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2003 3:38:23 PM EDT
Just found out that I will not be buying back my customised Browning High Power....grrrrr!

so , looks like I need to start from scratch with a stock one and trick it to my liking ,

so , can anyone reccomend a good pistolsmith in the Seattle area ?  not looking for anything too major , just instal of sights , trigger , everything else I will do myself...

I am thinking about shipping one off to Cylinder and Slide shop ,  but would much rather do things local....

thanks

t

p.s. anyone got a MKIII BHP for sale ?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, since nobody is answering, I will say that I do not personally know of any. There are two pistol smiths listed under Washington on the American Pistolsmiths Guild search page, but neither list Sig as their specialty or brands they work on. You could contact them though and see what they have to say. If they aren't interested, perhaps they can point you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply ,

might just have to break out the ole' yellow pages tomorrow.....

t
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Stokes , thanks for the reply...

I am looking to replace one that I had a few years ago that I had to trade off in a moment of "I am broke and need a car"....I was negotiating it's return , but that appears that it will not happen....

anyway I am not looking for a full-blown custom build , just some improvements...

my last one was set up as follows-
Cylinder-slide trigger
wolff springs
novak lo-mount sights
navidrex micarta grips

I looking at doing the same , but with the addition of- tritium novaks ,C&S extended ambi safety ,C&S hammer , and possibly a match grade Bar-Sto barrel....

so , no re-finishing or stipling or checkering , or anything too terribly complicated....

this would be pretty much my personal ideal handgun for most purposes , unfortunately , by the end of all that , I could probably have bought a pre-ban AR

decisions , decisions

t
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top