Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2003 2:52:23 PM EDT
I just wanted to get some opinions on the movie thats going to be on TV about Jessica Lynch. I would like to say first of all I am gratefull that she choose to join the army and help defend our country. I dont believe women should be in a combat enviornment but thats just me. What I really want to discuss is the movie they are making. I believe that this is totally tasteless and is just a grab by the network to make some bucks and get some ratings. Why is her story more important then any other American solider currently in Iraq. We have thousands of soldiers stationed with many being hurt or killed daily. What about their story, where is there movie. Are they not as important, Do they deserve any less respect or attention. I am going to boycot this movie and NBC. I dont ask any of you to do the same I was just wondering what your view on this subject is
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure exactly what you are talking about. Haven't paid attention other than the initial story as reported by FOX news. Don't watch NBC, CBS or ABC very often. TV is TV though. They will make a buck wherever they can. Some things will draw more of an audience than others, so I can see why media centered in on this attractive blonde girl.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Her story is differant than most of our soldiers over ther because she was captured and rescued.  While our guys (and gals) are doing a great job over there, the injured and killed have there own story.  It should be told too but this particular show is about one that was captured, tortured and rescued.  That's differant.  I do wish that the story was being told about ALL the soldiers that were captured.  I think more people would be able to appreciate the endevor if it was about more than just Pvt Lynch.  My .02
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yea, forgot to mention, I will not be boycotting the show.  I will try to watch it and most likey really enjoy it.  All the while I will be remembering that what I am seeing is the highly Hollywoodized version of what really happened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top