Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2003 8:38:53 PM EDT
On I-5 heading south, just past Everett and in Lynwood there are two "highway sign billboards" up that that are covered in black plastic and have an antenna (looks like a DTV dish) mounted to is. There are two of them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If you had your tin foil adjusted properly you would already know what those are.

No, really they are radiation detector devices to aid in homeland security from the border. Theory is AQ can bypass the checkpoints, but will head to the city with any dirtyb****, so these contraptions will aid in detection.

Am I the only one here who reads the Seattle times every day?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I think yer yankin my crank...
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
[steve erkel]Would I do that?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:45:55 AM EDT
[#4]
They are a device to call in the mother ship.  It's almost time for us to go home!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
On I-5 heading south, just past Everett and in Lynwood there are two "highway sign billboards" up that that are covered in black plastic and have an antenna (looks like a DTV dish) mounted to is. There are two of them.

Recon has been done....

Per the Radio Tech's from where I work (TOP SECRET...9-1-1...9-1-1...) They are not County, Federal, or State...more than likely some Amature Radio clubs microwave antenna's.

CavVet, I would shop for your Christmas present at TAPCO before I would read the Times.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#6]
[tinfoil comes out]

Thats a great cover story!

I believe everything my .gov tells me. I will report for implant and turn in my guns as soon as ordered by my televison. Standing by.

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]
They actually look like overheighth detectors to me and I'll bit they signs will say as much when they are uncovered. A new overpass is being built near 164th and maybe some of the forms or whatever they use to build it will hang a bit low.

There are similar detectors to protect the bridge on HWY 529 where it crosses the Snohomish river just north of Everett.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought I saw a partially covered weigh in motion signs on the trip back from GF on Sunday.

Are they part of that system?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top