Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2003 12:31:03 PM EDT
What's the best way to get there from I-5?  I did a search on mapquest and it takes like 20+ turns!  There has to be a better way.  Anyone ever go there?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
A better idea is to mapquest the Majestic Bay Theatre.  It's at Market and 22nd NW.

The Tractor is on Ballard Ave wiuch is the next street West of 22nd NW, Ballard Ave ends at Market about 2-3 blocks away from the theatre.

If you're coming from the South End it's easier to come North on 99, exit at Western and follow that to 15th, first exit on the North end of the Ballard Bridge, go West(NorthWest) on Leary Way, etc

Planning on heading down to the Tractor are ya?  It's ony a few blocks away from me.

Ever go there?  What?  Me go to a bar in Ballard?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Phil_in_Seattle, check you IM about a possible meet/greet/drink/eat at the tractor for friday!  I don't really care to go to parts of town unknown by myself.  I'll buy......the first one!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds to me like the simplest way would be to take the 45th St exit and follow 45th west all the way down into Ballard. Of course having worked in the Ballard area I've found a few other routes I tend to prefer, but that one would seem to be most uncomplicated.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
What!?  There is a tavern that you haven't been to yet?  Holy shit. That's like saying there is a gun your safe that you haven't fired yet.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:20:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ya, but where's the Brooklyn Tavern.

Next shoot we will be going Sat night.

I've been to the Brooklyn Tavern.  We did a horse ride up there a couple of years ago.  In fact me and the wife were just talking the other night about doing it again soon.

What's going on Sat?  Where's the shoot etc.  I'd be up to shooting a couple of the guns in my safe that I haven't shot yet!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Speaking of Brooklyn, Raymond, etc...  signs down at the pit? Any breaks in the hunting season where we won't be pissing anyone off by having a little shoot?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh wait, not this weekend.  My bad! :P
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The wife and I will be down at the Tractor Tavern in Ballard tonight around 9ish if anyone wants to join for a drink.  Phill_in_Seattle?  I won't be able to meet you ealier but we will still be at the Tractor around 9 depending on traffic.  Come on out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry 2wP, I got stuck on rescue the bubbly blonde duty from POS boyfriend duty last night.

Hell I barely got to see the stunning end of the UM v. Minnesota game before I had to go handle that.

How did you like lovely Ballard?  Are you at least jealous of all the bars we have to pick from?  
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Good news/bad news on the Tractor Tavern event.  Good news is that the bands absolutely ROCKED!  It was loud and very well produced.  The place was jam packed and at least 90% of the attendees were womenz!!  Lots and lots of pretty womenz!  Sorry, no pics

Bad news, almost all of the womenz were, shall we say, not easily impressed by individuals of the male persuasion.  Yes, that's right folks, the place was a serious lez magnet.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I have just never been in a crown quite like that before.

Overall, the evening was about a 9 of 10.  Very fun.  Ballard is a very cool place.  Hopefully, one day I make it back there again.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:53:11 AM EDT
[#12]
What kind of bands?

Mudhoney/Soundgarden/Mother Love Bone sound?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:20:15 AM EDT
[#13]
If you decide to go out and not be around lezbians, I suggest you try a place called 'Neighbors'.

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you decide to go out and not be around lezbians, I suggest you try a place called 'Neighbors'.

Theres always Guppies in West Seattle...
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Dude!  That is so uncool, you know that you can't tell a yocal something like that he might just up and go do it.  Besides with 2Wps luck he'd show up to neighbors on "ladies" night.  

Now telling SuperChicken that we'd be having his 21st birthday party there now that would be funny!

2Wp was it the band you went to go see or the other band on the lineup that brought out all of the man-haters?  The Tractor isn't known as a ladies only type of place.

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Pretty sure it was the band I went to see.  It was OK though.  Everybody was real nice.  No fights, polite when you bump into them on the way over to the bar etc.  I really can't emphasize enough the fact that it was the most enjoyable trekk to the city I've had in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Hey W2P... What bands did you see?

I have friends that play there on occasion.

If my new son's 2am feedings weren't keeping me home, I would have come down and met you.

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. If you all want to do a Ballard meet, I propose Molly Maguires on 65th...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top