Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2003 8:48:00 PM EDT
Just wanted to let people in the area know. Modern Martial Arts in Bellevue will be offering a free womens self defense course. They will be teaching Krav Maga techniques appllicable to situations women could face. .

The class will be held on October 2nd, 7 pm, I believe it will be 2 hours long. If anyones interested you should give them a call at (425)641-7919.

Matt
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just wanted to let people in the area know. Modern Martial Arts in Bellevue will be offering a free womens self defense course.
Matt

There you go C.K. should not cost you a thing!

Maybe your little buddy S.C. could wear a wig?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
[imbro] I cant believe they can be so insensitive to Mens needs in such a PC city.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This just reaffirms my belief that gun people live lonely isolated existances. Does no one here have a wife, girlfriend or daughter? If there is an interest I am sure they will be willing to do a mens self defense class. Just call them and ask.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Luckily, all the females in my family are pretty tough! They could probably whoop me up like a red-headed step-child! What do you think I carry a gun for? a mugger? a murderer? I don't think so!
But seriously nonono90, thanks for the info. It is important that we, and our women, and our children take responsibility for our own protection within reason. The cops aren't always there, and the solution not always as P.C. as resorting to using a whistle to stop a rapist. I'll give out a swift kick in the balls before I bend over and hope he finishes quickly, or better yet, a 124gr. cor-bon!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I went there for a free Krav Maga class and am interested in taking the course but of course it's a little bit of a drive from Edmonds to Bellevue.  

Like everything in my life, I've got no damn time to do what I want.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure you'd get a lot out of it if you went. Might be one of those things that could be worth the drive. Never now when someone is going to decide to attack or exploit.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The Krav Maga they teach there is good stuff.  I've only been there for one class about 2 weeks ago, but I'll be going more in the future once work settles down and I finally get a condo.  I'm you're looking to protect yourself in a very simple and highly effective manner Krav Maga is what you want.  Also of interest to gun owners is their focus on weapon retention.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#8]
WTH is Krav Maga?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WTH is Krav Maga?  

I'll drink to that!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
WTH is Krav Maga?  

Its a cousin to Hava Nagila Hava.

Its also cli****s stimulation through telepathic means.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:51:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Krav Maga was developed in Israel for training soldiers in hand to hand combate. When developing they went for something that was simple, effective, and easy to learn.

Basically teaches fast/simple way to incapacitate an attacker. If you guys are really interested you should give the instructor patrick a call. He'll let you come out and participate in a class if you want to try it out.

But back to the threads point, you know any women who could use some self-defense skills (everyone in my opinion minus crazy people) let them know. You never know, maybe sometime down the road it saves them from being a victim.

Matt

Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top