Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2003 9:20:14 AM EDT
I have a Ben Bridge platinum ring with diamond to sell.  Paid 1500.00 3 years ago.  Anyone have any ideas on good buyers in the puget sound area or is anyone intrested?  If you are intrested please email me.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The general rule of thumb for selling jewelry is it loses it value at a rate of 50% per year.

That's 500 bucks loss after the first year and at that rate you would owe me 500 dollars if I bought it so I'll be nice and just take it for nothing.

Sorry but I'm just a smart ass.  I can't help.  I have no idea where to part with it.  You could just go to every pawn broker in town and see which one screws you the least.

Maybe a consignment shop could do the trick for you or even check out some bridal shops for a tip or two.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking about standing in front of ben bridge until I see some young guy go in with glazed over eyes, then grab him up.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a Ben Bridge platinum ring with diamond to sell.  Paid 1500.00 3 years ago.  Anyone have any ideas on good buyers in the puget sound area or is anyone intrested?  If you are intrested please email me.
Thanks

Not to piss in your Cheerios, but most, if not all, jewelers triple key their products.  What that means to you is if YOU bought it for $1500, the jeweler paid $500.

There is almost NO value in used jewelry.  Your best bet would be to get it appraised and "lose" it.  Let your insurance buy it from you...
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#4]
If you "lose" it let me know.  My wife broke her ring galloping horses two years ago and has been bugging me about buying another one ever since.  I don't have a lot of money so if you want to work out a deal I would be interested in looking at it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#5]
2whiskeyP
If you or someone else is interested please email me.  I may do some trading.  I have all the receipts for the engagemnent ring and the wedding band totaling 1700+.  The diamond it self is worth 1200.00 (its HIGH quality) and it will always have full trade in value at ben bridge towards another diamond.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top