Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 7:55:09 AM EDT
Some jackazz cut a hole in the roof at Wades in Bellevue and took some handguns and 2 "assault rifles".  I don't know what kind but the news last night was showing a nice AR that was still hung up on the wall.

Whomever did that must be pretty brave.  I would hate to run into Wade while I was breaking into his shop.  One might simply disppear!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF....That sure seems like a lot of trouble to go through to get some firearms. To bad there alarm co. was not sonitrol. they never would have gotten away.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
how'd you find this out?  i can't find a reference to it anywhere.  are they trying to keep it quiet?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
how'd you find this out?  i can't find a reference to it anywhere.  are they trying to keep it quiet?

I saw it on the news last night.  They even interviewed Wade.  I don't think Wade would have spoken to any reporters if he wanted to keep it quiet.  He made it sound like the place is Fort Knox.  I think that whomever did it knew the layout and security system pretty well.  I hope they catch him/her/them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey all, I am back and this is my first post in "Da Homies" section.

USNJoe
(Name change cause neither Goatboy or Gunrunner1 would answer my emails.)

Police release detailed list of stolen guns

By Sara Jean Green
Seattle Times Eastside bureau

archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?c=1&slug=wades27m&date=20030827&query=wades

Three assault rifles and 14 handguns with a combined value of more than $15,000 were stolen during a burglary at Wade's Eastside Guns last week, Bellevue police said yesterday.

Police released an inventory of the stolen firearms — which include an Armalite AR10A4, a .308-caliber assault rifle that police spokesman Michael Chiu described as "an M-16 on steroids" — in the hopes other police agencies and gun-store and pawnshop operators can help track the weapons before they disappear into private hands.

"If we don't get them quickly, they will get dispersed on the black market," Chiu said.

Just after midnight last Wednesday, Bellevue police responded to Wade's, 13570 Bel-Red Road, after the store's alarm went off. Officers left after ensuring the store's doors and windows were locked. Around 2 a.m., store employees called police after discovering someone had broken in through a rooftop air-duct cover, smashed a display case and taken the guns, Chiu said.

Police found fingerprints and questioned a man who later was ruled out as a suspect, Chiu said. No arrests have been made.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Armalite AR10A4, a .308-caliber assault rifle that police spokesman Michael Chiu described as "an M-16 on steroids" —

Um, yea.

Another genious po po spokesman...
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#6]
[tinfoil hat]I bet some hired wet-ops guy working for a liberal, who can never be traced back to, stole them for a future public "shooting."[/tinfoil hat]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome back Joe...

Yeap the police made sure the doors and windows were locked....all secure....... nothing to see here move along.

It seems to me I recall a string of B&Es in years past (can't be that many I haven't been in the state even five years yet)in Bellevue where the crooks kept coming on from the top side.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#8]
wELCOME******BACK USNJ!

I thought BPD was a little shgarper than that. I was a lil surprised.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
sent to: [email protected]

Subject: To whom it may concern

Body: It doesn't bother me too much that your spokesman, Mr. Michael Chiu, is apparently a Liberal Democrat, but his use of misinformation in the media should be kept to a minimum.

From the Seattle-PI:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Police released an inventory of the stolen firearms — which include an Armalite AR10A4, a .308-caliber assault rifle that police spokesman Michael Chiu described as "an M-16 on steroids" — in the hopes other police agencies and gun-store and pawnshop operators can help track the weapons before they disappear into private hands.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please let Mr. Chiu know that his statement as quoted there, is not correct. Our state does not allow private ownership of legally registered NFA firearms, so the similarities of an AR10 and M16 are cosmetic only. Please ask him if he might choose his words more wisely, no matter what his political agenda is. He has no control over the reporter falsely claiming the firearm was an "assault rifle", but he does have control over what he says.

Thank You
JAFO

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, I know there's no evidence that he's a Liberal Democrat, but I just thought I'd throw that in there to get someone fired up. ;)

Damn, put the wrong newspaper in there too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I phoned Michael Chiu today to call him on the carpet about that statement.

First he tried the "It is the same thing as an M16".
I had to slap a learning on him.

Then he backpedled with "Well, it's built by Armalite, they built the original AR15 and M16".
I had to slap harder.

Then he gave me the "Well, it really dosen't matter, the average citizen won't knwo the difference."
Double slap this time.

Then he want at it from a different angle and told me "I own an AR10 and an AR15. I know the differences. I shoot at Wades and at WSI, I know what I am talking about".
Double Slap again. The wife was finding this amusing since I had it on speaker phone.

Finally he admitted that he did use the term M16 as in "The AR10 was designed from the M16" and blamed the paper for the mistake.

Call him up tomorrow and yank his chain.

This be his phone number and email address.
425 452 4129
[email protected]

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#12]
ERex and I were at Wades on sunday. They stall had the hole in the roof and everything. The guys told us they got into the .45 case case and into the custom handgun case, along with 2 "assault style" rifles and a .50cal rifle.
The guys that broke in left fingerprints and the police know who at least one of them is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Yikes....

Hole in roof....hummm...someon really wanted in...
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, they got a .50 too?!  How are the cops gonna catch them now, ya know that the .50 will shoot down a copper chopper from a mile away!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#15]
With the prices at Wades , I have left feeling like I had been just robbed......

t
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Good to see you 'round, Joe.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:00:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh but I did oh great Staff 1.

http://www.vaq34.com/junk/screen.jpg

Quoted:

Quoted:

USNJoe
(Name change cause neither Goatboy or Gunrunner1 would answer my emails.)

Next time send it to 1Gunrunner and I would probably receive it and answer.

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe they got tired of Wades theivery.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh but I did oh great Staff 1.

Well you sure as hell did... That was also on a day I received 384 virus laden emails.  It was deleted with all the rest of them, sorry.

How could that be?  I only sent you 212.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought the USAS 12 was the M16 on steroids!  Now I find out it's the AR10?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top