Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 3:56:31 PM EDT
What will I need?  I already have a rifle, ammo, and ear protection.  Also, has anyone competed at the Sun Valley Shooting Park?  What should I expect?  Like I said this is my first formal shoot of any kind so I'm a tad nervous.  Also, does this meet the marksmanship participation requirement to purchase a M1 Garand through the CMP?

Thanx,
NeedAclip
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Never CMP'd there but have shot there a lot with WSLEFIA at their conferences. Is this a reduced scale course?

Shooting mat? Spotting scope? Log book? Shooting coat? Sling? Eyes? Water?

Have to check if Sun Valley is CMP affiliated.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Some matches provide nothing, others can provide everything.   Of course, most are somewhere in between.  Contact the match director well in advance to find out what you need to bring.  Be sure to mention that you're a newbee and show up EARLY.  Often directors match up newbees with veterans for the first match or two.

There's no reason to be nervous.  All they really care about is that you follow the rules and don't blow off anything important.  The first match is all about getting a feel for the game, the course of fire, and the proceedures.  Worry about scores later.

One warning though:
It's VERY addictive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top