Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2003 5:53:17 PM EDT
I've read about glocks for some time and am counting on the reliability though I am left with only one concern.....what if it gets scratched?  Are they easily scratched and can they be fixed. Thousands of rounds with no measureable wear, does'nt jam unless limpwristed, functions under extreme conditions.....and is black.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I enjoyed my 23, but traded it in on the 30 (.45cal).  The G30 is just so much more pleasant to shoot.  I carried a G19 for years and have minimum wear.

From Glock website...
"Tenifer Process.  The metal components on a GLOCK are practically indestructable. That's because they're finished with a unique surface treatment called Tenifer that makes those parts virtually as hard as a diamond. It is even more corrosion resistant than stainless steel"
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm set on purchasing a Glock and have been undecided between the Glock 19 9mm and the 23 40cal.  I've been looking at the 40 cal for a few years and only recently started to consider the 9mm, cheaper ammo and is most likely to be available.  40 cal has more nock down but I'm not sure its the way to go, Law enforcment uses it so chances are it will be readily available though alittle more expensive.  Probably a perminant addition to the collection so I thought I would see what others have to say. Thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I know someone personally who has been known very often to carry a G23.

He thinks it is a best option between a .45 (capacity) or a 9mm (better round). He openly admits to not being the best shot in the world with it, but is very comfortable with it. It has a Hi cap in it and one with it which giveshim 26+1, which should be more than enough of a very capable round.

Compact, reliable, dependable.

In fact, he is serious in his boycott Glock position from their open Anti consumer position, however barring a better replacement will continue to use this one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know someone personally who has been known very often to carry a G23.

He thinks it is a best option between a .45 (capacity) or a 9mm (better round). He openly admits to not being the best shot in the world with it, but is very comfortable with it. It has a Hi cap in it and one with it which giveshim 26+1, which should be more than enough of a very capable round.

Compact, reliable, dependable.

In fact, he is serious in his boycott Glock position from their open Anti consumer position, however barring a better replacement will continue to use this one.

Translation= CavVet carries a G23 but doesnt want to admit it. He should really boycott and carry that Springfield XD-9 or XD-40
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Of course.....principals are more important than a glock.....I have'nt heard of any boycot, we're not all hypocrytes.....I won't buy a Smith and Wesson.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#6]
i carry one, or will when i get my washington carry permit. unfortunately my kentucky permit is not valid up here. i really like my 23. it is easily concealable, and light enough to forget it is even there. i'm a poor bastard though, so i only carry the 10 rounders.

why don't you just make it easy on yourself and BUY THEM BOTH!!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Translation= CavVet carries a G23 but doesnt want to admit it. He should really boycott and carry that Springfield XD-9 or XD-40

For the record, I have not bought one dollar worth of Gluck anything since the fiasco began. I have sold 2 of my Glocks, and will sell the rest.

I already have bought the XD9, and will get the 40....then the compact, etc.

The XD is a nice GREAT handgun, but until post AWB sunset, the 40 cant go hicap, and that is a serious limiting factor to my CCW mentality!

And yes, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to admit it freely, I guess I am in a quasi denial.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#8]
buy it used if glock's politics anger up your blood.  my 23 is extremely reliable and punchy to boot. not the most accurate or easy to handle gun in the world, but considering the encounters you're probably anticipating (w/ a compact concealed piece) are, on average, at a range of <7yds that's not an issue.

mine's in easy reach of where i sleep, so any 'bad-guy' catching me napping is going to get a fairly good impression of the weapon when 10 rounds of hp hit em center mass.

of course, any 'bad-guy' catching me in any state of affairs in any room of the house is in a world of sh*t.  i've got weapons stashed all over.  it's a modern update on clue.  _twist killed mr. burglar in the drawing room w/ the sa-m7s. maybe i'm a bit paranoid, but then again... maybe they're really out to get me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my G23!
I had a G19 beore this a few years ago and it was not as accurate (at least in my hands) as my G23.

Having 14 rounds of .40 JHP's will give you somre really gooooooood stopping power. Also, all you have to do is buy a barrel for around a buck and you now have a glock in .357 sig.  A great winder caliber due to the extra clothing that people wear for penetration (That was MHO)

Here are some pics of my carry gun:

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a poor bastard too.  Why do you think I have'nt bought one yet and only read about em.....almost have enough saved though, nother hundred or so away.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm a poor bastard too.  Why do you think I have'nt bought one yet and only read about em.....almost have enough saved though, nother hundred or so away.

Dont worry, it will be worth it. You should look on Gunbroker.com and GunsAmerican.com.

You may beable to afford one now and just pay a small xfer fee to your dealer. I sure wish I did that. After I bought my G23 for $600 I saw onr for sale on GB for only $470. and all I would have had to pay was $30 for the xfer and I could have saved $100.

Live and learn!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the photo's.....sweet gun, the light will be next, I have'nt told my wife yet though, It'll be a surprise.  I'll check out the web sights you suggested, I've also been checking out Pawn shops, I've found some nice guns for less.  What is the XD9, I'm going to try and find one, never heard of it I don't think.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#14]
And my former employer has quite a selection of them, decent prices too.

www.eastcountyguns.com/SAPISTOLS.htm
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
And my former employer has quite a selection of them, decent prices too.

www.eastcountyguns.com/SAPISTOLS.htm

Wow I like the looks of that SPRGFLD XD40SW!  That seems like a good price too.  Does he usually have this stuff in stock or just order it if you are interested?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Last I was there he had quite a few in stock, one of the few SA dealers that did. I don't know what the current status is. He does respond to emails tho,
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top