Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 1:54:22 PM EDT
Waited long enough for me to show up there late and snake this deal of a rifle off of a table?

hehehehehehehe and I didn't even pay that much!

So I owe someone a beer for skipping this rifle over. It was my goal this year to get an M1A, but with work being very slow and NO OverTime being worked yet this year (I'd usually have done several hundres dollars worth by now) the M1A cookie jar of money has been at a low low level.

I got one!  I got one!  I got one!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Dirty rotten B@st$rd....What a steal you got.

I too have been in search of an M1A this year, but am waiting for the good deal like you.  But since my car wreck last week, I'm not going to be seeing one in my future any time soon.

Let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You now own a Gawd's Honest Rifle son.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You now own a Gawd's Honest Rifle son.

Amen
It now resides in the holy temple with my July 1944 Springfield Garand that I got in March of 2002.

I'm not religous but machinery like this, Garands. and N Frame S&Ws come pretty damn close.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I too have been in search of an M1A this year, but am waiting for the good deal like you.  But since my car wreck last week, I'm not going to be seeing one in my future any time soon.

I thought your career was in the "insurance fraud" industry?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Phil,

That one pic is not enough.  Could you please do us a frickin' favor, and take some more pictures & post them?

By the way, the previous time I was at Kenmore (gun range) there were some REALLY loud guns.  The muzzle-loaders (sp?) were the loudest.  The 2nd loudest were the M1's.  Twice as loud as any other gun at the location.  After that experience, I don't know how any WW2 veteran has any hearing left.  M1's are the LOUDEST rifles I've ever heard!  (not counting muskets.)

Anthony
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah, I see you bought "Sniper Ryan's" last SSI Springfield M1A.  You dirty dog! I had a chance to buy a few from WSI that he brought in for $700, but I was unemployed at the time.  Lost opportunities.....aw shucks.

Oh yeah, I hear you paid $800......nice work!

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes indeed Mr sniper Ryan saved me some big big cash, and the goodies those fellas had on their table... oh my my my... they had that 44magnum that had me thinking awfully hard about a VISA cash advance... awfully damn hard I tell you.

Maybe it will still be around after my wallet recovers.  If you happen to know which fella that belonged too you can tell him I'm a broke but interested party in that if it didn't sell.  Pretty nice bunch of guys they were.

Anthony M1s aren't loud. If you want loud I'd recommend either an AK braked AR, a 16" Armalite braked AR, or the king of handheld boom my Marlin 444P.  There are always 357sigs and 357s magnums from short barrels too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anthony M1s aren't loud. If you want loud I'd recommend either an AK braked AR, a 16" Armalite braked AR, or the king of handheld boom my Marlin 444P.  There are always 357sigs and 357s magnums from short barrels too.

I will have to agree with you on the AK braked or even a mini Y (I think that is what it is)AR's.  They are ear piercing even with ear plug's in.  If you want loud try one of the new 45-70 guide guns that Marlin is producing or be in the area of a 50 when it is shot.

Anyway I am jealous of you now.  Are you going to put optics on it?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought your career was in the "insurance fraud" industry?

Unfortunately it was my fault.  28 years old and probably have to have back surgery out of the deal.  Not looking forward to that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats on your purchase!

(getting watery eyed)

I wish I could luck up on a deal like that!

Some people have all the luck.

Yes, I agree with AnthonyJ, more pics!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#11]
With it's much older brother

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Anthony, my 444P is Marlins 444 Marlin version of the guide gun.  It's ported and it's loud.  So very much fun to smash rocks with too.

I might put optics on this puppy, I've never had much luck shooting well with that rear peep on M1s, it seems to be so damn big after you are used to the A2 aperture on an AR.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Just Drop Dead Sexy!  I don't know what else could be said about it.  Congrats.  
Scorpion34 OUT!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#14]
All I can say is VERY NICE!

Congratulations on the new addition to your family!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top