Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 3:38:57 PM EDT
Hi. Me and superchicken want to go shooting in the woods with my friend. We are both 18 but our friend isnt. Since we are the ones that own and are transporting the guns, is it ok for him to be shooting them with us? What about if they have a note from their parents and shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Taking a minor shooting is not a crime, however taking one shooting without parental consent can be considered contributing to the delinquency of a minor in some states. The parents would have to press charges.

I wouldn't expect any problems if you are shooting in a proper place(have permission) and follow all your safety guidlines.  I've never had an issue with the law if they come up on me while shooting and I've had all my safety gear on and a proper fireing line and backstop.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Some info here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=169455

RCW 9.41.042
Children -- Permissible firearm possession.
RCW 9.41.040(1)(b)(iii) shall not apply to any person under the age of eighteen years who is:
(1) In attendance at a hunter's safety course or a firearms safety course;

(2) Engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting at an established range authorized by the governing body of the jurisdiction in which such range is located or any other area where the discharge of a firearm is not prohibited;

(3) Engaging in an organized competition involving the use of a firearm, or participating in or practicing for a performance by an organized group that uses firearms as a part of the performance;

(4) Hunting or trapping under a valid license issued to the person under Title 77 RCW;

(5) In an area where the discharge of a firearm is permitted, is not trespassing, and the person either: (a) Is at least fourteen years of age, has been issued a hunter safety certificate, and is using a lawful firearm other than a pistol; or (b) is under the supervision of a parent, guardian, or other adult approved for the purpose by the parent or guardian;

(6) Traveling with any unloaded firearm in the person's possession to or from any activity described in subsection (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) of this section;

(7) On real property under the control of his or her parent, other relative, or legal guardian and who has the permission of the parent or legal guardian to possess a firearm;

(8) At his or her residence and who, with the permission of his or her parent or legal guardian, possesses a firearm for the purpose of exercising the rights specified in RCW 9A.16.020(3); or

(9) Is a member of the armed forces of the United States, national guard, or organized reserves, when on duty.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Wilst going into the woods with a minor, the only suggestions I can come up with is (and a quote from my dad mind you):

DON'T GET HER PREGNANT!!!

Er, nevermind.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys need to take me also :) I even got 5 30rd magazines now. Getting closer...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wilst going into the woods with a minor, the only suggestions I can come up with is (and a quote from my dad mind you):

DON'T GET HER PREGNANT!!!

Er, nevermind.....

Now that is some funny shit!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
and for christ sake  stay off of the TV news this time!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:49:42 AM EDT
[#8]
No shit, good thing I left early with my son. That's all I need is the ex wife to see our son shoot up a pit with a G17 in hand.

Oh yeah as for minors, .....whatever I am drunk.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top