Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 7:24:44 PM EDT
Do you need any kind of license to shoot coyotes in WA?  My brother lives down near Chehalis kinda by where the pit shoot is to take place.  He has been having some problems with a pack of coyotes coming through his place at night harrassing his dog and their pigs.  I know that you can shoot them if you catch them in the act, just like you can kill a neighbors dog or wild cat or anything else that is causing harm to your farm animals if you catch them doing it, but is it legal to go out and hunt them down?  Do you need a hunting license or permit?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you need either a "small game" or "big game" license for coyote.(pg. 45, Big Game hunting seasons and rules)  Year around hunting and there is no bag limit.
 Good hunting.

Steve
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll get one then.  Hopefully we can catch th pack in his pasture.  Maybe tie one of the pigs up to a tree to bait them in!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
It Sounds like you need a night vision scope for your trip to your brother's house.

Have you saved up enough to get one at the next wac show?

Did you see Funny Cide start weezing out of the 3 turn (car racing term because I can't remember what a furlong is)?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top