Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 8:19:50 AM EDT
Hey guys, I just picked up my first AR and I'm thinking of picking up a mag or two and maybe some accessories and some ammo for it. I've never been to a gun show before and don't know what to expect. Am I better off ordering on line? Stores? Or is the WAC shows all that? I'm just looking to get a good deal on maybe a mag or two, some ammo and some small parts for my AR. And possibly either a red dot or a another variable scope. Are the prices at the shows about the same as you'd see in stores? Online?

Anyhow, a big HELLLO anyhow to all the local shooters!

TIA
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to the WAC show in Puyallup for the first time last month & picked up a couple of USGI 30rd with green followers for $14ea...a pretty good price for the local market. I would suggest you join WAC while you're there - admission price ($6?) goes towards membership cost, and you CANNOT buy/sell/trade guns there (only accessories, etc) unless you're a member. It's a good gunshow compared to others I've been to in different parts of the country - pretty large, and usually held once a month at the fairgrounds.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I buy just about everthing at the WAC shows.  Usually a good selection and you can find several people selling what you want.  Membership is only $25 a year and they deduct your orginal entrance fee when you join.  I really can't say enough for the gunshows here.  Sure there are too many beany babies and turkey jerky booths but hey, some people need targets and something to munch on while they are there!

Hey Aristotle13, you ARE planning on bringing your new toy to the Chehalis pit aren't you?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
How about ammo? Can I still buy ammo if I'm not a member? How are the prices up there for ammo?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How about ammo? Can I still buy ammo if I'm not a member? How are the prices up there for ammo?

Ammuntion, yes non-members can buy that at a WAC show.  But you really should just pony up the cash and join, you have to be 21 to join.

It's $25 for yearly club dues, and for that you get into every WAC show for the year (Memberships run from March 1st to March 1st of the next year).  I don't know if we are yet to the point of the year where the membership fee is prorated to less than the $25.  For a first time application there is an extra $10 charge for the background check that the club will run with the State Patrol, with a CPL, FFL, or militray ID I believe this fee is waived.  Plus you get a spiffy newsletter every month to go with your bling-bling badge.

There are two major ammuntion sellers there is MiWall for the commercial operation and James Scott for the run it out of the back of your truck operation.  Both are damn close on pricing when they have identical products but MiWall collects the state sales tax.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Besides all that, if you meet up with bigscrun there he is always more than happy to buy a round of beers after the show!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Besides all that, if you meet up with bigscrun there he is always more than happy to buy a round of beers after the show!

That is only for you whiskey and that is only cuz your cute. Smile like a doughnut, whiskey!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a WAC show this coming weekend in Monroe. It is usually much smaller than Puyallup, but the same main ammo vendors that go to Puyallup will probably be there.

Some guys are considering going shooting after the show too. More info here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=170504.

Also, for lists of shows in WA, look in the "Important Threads" announcement at the top of the WA Hometown Forum.

Also, be sure to look at this thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=170220 as 2WhiskeyP suggested. It's a good time. I will not be at this one, but have been to at least one of the previous shoots ;) Don't worry about getting lost down there...  just ask directions when you hit the town of Raymond :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top