Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 10:33:35 AM EDT
So , Dis anyone pick up anything nice at the WAC show in Puyallup this weekend ?

Unfortunately , it was several hours of torture for me as I am not very financially viable at the moment , so I could only play and not take anything home....

I was pretty impressed with the show , I saw quite a few toys that I would love to have ....

My roomate did pick a pair of M-44 Moisin-Nagants so there are some new additions to the house ...  Anyone else do good ? Find the deal of a lifetime ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife bought a package of socks.

My toddler got a blue camo hat that she really likes from the children's BDUs dealer.   I wanted to get her a complete set of desert BDUs, but she wasn't interested.

I didn't have as much time to really look around for myself as I wanted.  Besides, I bought a bunch a stuff at the last one.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
What, no beany bears or beef jerky?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I had John the guy w/ all the .45 1911's work on my 1911. Got it running tip top in 45 minutes. I also traded my Ruger P94 and a little cash for a brand new Glock 17 w/ 4 mags.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a half case of 9mm ammo. Then went out and burnt up a couple hundred of it today since it was so nice.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:29:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had John the guy w/ all the .45 1911's work on my 1911. Got it running tip top in 45 minutes. I also traded my Ruger P94 and a little cash for a brand new Glock 17 w/ 4 mags.

Is thatthe older fella with the glass cases of 1911's?

I oogle those every time I go. I really get off on the one from the USS Arizona...What a collection he has.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, he is really cool. I would suggest that evetyone stop by and say hi. very nice and very knowledgable.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Took the drive down on Saturday for my first time at the WAC show...Eric Kincel from Vltor was there, and I picked up one of his club footed collapsible carbine stocks, along with a Colt buffer tube...very nice compared with everything else I've seen to date... He said that there will be an interesting new handguard system making it's debut, (from someone else in the industry) at the next shot show too... possibly an extruded free floating 2 piece rail in titanium...it's all still under wraps at this point though. The drive to Puyallup was well worth it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Took the drive down on Saturday for my first time at the WAC show...Eric Kincel from Vltor was there, and I picked up one of his club footed collapsible carbine stocks, along with a Colt buffer tube...very nice compared with everything else I've seen to date... He said that there will be an interesting new handguard system making it's debut, (from someone else in the industry) at the next shot show too... possibly an extruded free floating 2 piece rail in titanium...it's all still under wraps at this point though. The drive to Puyallup was well worth it.

Well it *WAS* under wraps, Mr. Loose tongue ;) j/k
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Ha! What I meant, was he wasn't saying WHO the mfg is until they bring it to the shot show...he said it's going to be something that won't be a rail on top of the flat top...keeping a good cheek weld possible still, and installation without having to remove the front sight assembly...either in aluminum, possibly titanium... I'm holding off on anything else until then...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#10]
How is he for the price?...I have wanted to take my 1917 vintage 1911 to him for a little tightening up..It needs a new front sight blade and maybe a new bbl and bushing, I hear he is the man, but I never knew he could do much work on the spot.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Not one flipp'in ACOG or Aimpoint for sale in the whole joint!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#12]
R-32, my 1911 is beat. He replaced the spring cap, put on a new set of grips, repinned the slidelock/safety pin, straightened the frame and oiled it for $20.00 bucks. I offered to pay him more but he refused. It only took him about 35 minutes and he let me watch and described everthing he was doing.
I know that when I get some extra cash he has a couple of vintage guns I want to talk to him about.

Oh yeah took the 1911 out today operated perfectly!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#13]
case of armscor .45 for $149.00 ;)
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
R-32, my 1911 is beat. He replaced the spring cap, put on a new set of grips, repinned the slidelock/safety pin, straightened the frame and oiled it for $20.00 bucks. I offered to pay him more but he refused. It only took him about 35 minutes and he let me watch and described everthing he was doing.
I know that when I get some extra cash he has a couple of vintage guns I want to talk to him about.

Oh yeah took the 1911 out today operated perfectly!!!!

I just want one of the US ARMY marked old 1911's. Remington Rand or such. Doesnt matter much which manufacturer just the markings.

He is about the same age as my Dad. He still gives me 10 bucks for my Birthday every year. Has for YEARS..20 bucks he probably felt like he ripped you off....I really like that guy....AND his collection.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#16]
big, cav...
thanks for the reply, Yup my 1911 (colt) is old and beat!.It is a old Navy pistol, it is not marked U.S. Govt Property, but it does have all the armory markings, it is sloppy as a 2 dollar hooker, the front sight blade is wobbly, and Im not kidding you could aim at something 10 feet away and prob. still hit the dirt infront of it. it has a little pitting from sitting under my grandpas truck seat for years. I did show it to him about a year ago and he spotted that it was missing a pin in the grip safety. At that point I had not shot it yet, he did offer to do something to it, but at the time I did not know who he was or if it really needed anything. I will make sure to get it to him at the next show!..I also hope he at least ask's what his time is worth. I would really like to get this thing at least "on paper". He sounds like a cool old guy, and those are the guys I like to see do well.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:55:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yup my 1911 (colt) is old and beat!.It is a old Navy pistol, it is not marked U.S. Govt Property, but it does have all the armory markings, it is sloppy as a 2 dollar hooker, the front sight blade is wobbly, and Im not kidding you could aim at something 10 feet away and prob. still hit the dirt infront of it. it has a little pitting from sitting under my grandpas truck seat for years.

WOW! A classic. An heirloom!!

I give my old man hell all the time for me not having one of these like this on tap! All the damn guns he & my Grandpa had, not ont classic, old 1911 that they both had and shot for years. Liberals!

Needless to say, personal opinion, I would try and keep it as original as I could, including baggin old parts took off. I would fix what needed it, but the character of this pistol, the family history, IMHO, far outweigh the accuracy.

And for love nor money I would never think about letting this one go anywhere. Goes to my kid, if no kids bury it with me (MY box is gonna be crowded!)
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
WOW! A classic. An heirloom!!

I give my old man hell all the time for me not having one of these like this on tap! All the damn guns he & my Grandpa had, not ont classic, old 1911 that they both had and shot for years. Liberals!

Needless to say, personal opinion, I would try and keep it as original as I could, including baggin old parts took off. I would fix what needed it, but the character of this pistol, the family history, IMHO, far outweigh the accuracy.

And for love nor money I would never think about letting this one go anywhere. Goes to my kid, if no kids bury it with me (MY box is gonna be crowded!)

I think the only thing that made this a heirloom is the fact that he is now my "Grandpa in the box" He used to let me strip all of his pistols and Rifles as a little kid, I guess that I was the only one that had the attention span.He knew that this one was a sloppy POS, I think he took it in trade for beer one day at a bar... (in California a long time ago) He gave me and my brother and dad consecutive numberd Rem. 700's one year back in the 80's, since I was the only other guy in the family (since like the civil war) to go in the military he picked up a DMC Garand and I ended up with the Garand, the .45 and all of the bayonets, web gear, uniforms. (we both liked old military stuff) I got a few old military rifles, and there is no way in hell that they will ever go away..We used to talk about just how crappy that old colt shot and what a shame it was that it did not shoot better, We talked about sending it back to get redone, but just never did it. I think I would like to keep the looks the same now just for old times sake, But he is the one that told me...Never keep a safe queen, if you are not going to use it, spend the money on something that you will use...Kinda funny he never really shot any of those old rifles, he pretty much just shot his 10-22 and .22 cal pistol (same one he shot himself in the foot with doing quick draw as a kid.) He always kept every pc of paper I have all the origional box's for all of the old military rifles, and even the targets he did his DMC qualification with ( at the time he knew that he would not have to do the shoot, but told my grandma he would have to just so he could see how well he could shoot a garand after 30 years).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top