Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 12:14:35 PM EDT
Ok I just got off the phone with James from Surplusammo.com, he has 45 sealed SA battle backs that I can get my hands on. He is going to bring them by my shop in Auburn on Tuesday or Wednesday. Price is $45.00 per battle pack. What ever we don't buy is going to the Puyallup show next weekend. I was able to talk him into giving the ARFCOM guys first dibs.
If you want some call me. Ask for Bryan(bigscrun)@ 206-679-6494. We can figure out payment options over the phone, I would perfer to have people write Surplusammo.com a check and I will deliver it to James. Everyone can pick up ammo from my shop or from me in Seattle or local areas. Let me know guys, this is a cool opportunity for us.

Also he is looking into getting us a deal on a 30,000 round bulk purchase at .14-.15 a round.   Thanks--Bigscrun
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Bigscrun 2paid picked up
Skillets 3paid picked up
2WhiskeyP 6paid picked up
slipjoint 4+ shipping to californiaPaid shipped
YANKEEFAN 2Paid
SuperChicken 2Paid
Iblis 2Paid picked up

ALL gone
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Also he is looking into getting us a deal on a 30,000 round bulk purchase at .14-.15 a round.   Thanks--Bigscrun

Don't mean to sound like a Jackass here, but 45/300 is 15 cents a round eh?!?! I like the number considering but buy 30K and get maybe a penny off???
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry if I am not saving you a ton of money, but everyone is always whining about not be able to get SA battle packs so I sourced some for us.

The 30k buy is for a top grade ammo that usually would run .16-.17 a round. If your not interested I am sure that Butch's, Wades, or Federal Way Discount would love to see you and your checkbook.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't mean to sound like a Jackass here, but 45/300 is 15 cents a round eh?!?! I like the number considering but buy 30K and get maybe a penny off???

.14 or .15 a round is a great price if you can make this work.  If you look at other ammo that I have been working on for the buy XM193 for example would still be .19 and that was for 20k.  If you shoot alot .01 cents savings can add up quickly.

Bigscrun-  I am checking with the guys here in the SW about the SA BP's.  If you can do like you say and get top grade ammo for .14 or .15 I know that between YankeeFan and myself we would be good for at least 4-5k (as long as it isn't Wolf or Olympic).  I would assume that this would be FMJ ammo.  

Keep us updated.  I will call you on Monday about the SA.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#5]
SA battle packs at $45 is pretty damn good considering there isn't much around. I have seen it in a gun store for $59.

Now, too damn bad I don't have any money. I like to keep a little SA around just because it is sealed up and it's good ammo, even if it was made in the 80's.

If anyone has an extra $450 laying around and wants to buy me 10 battle packs until I can get some paychecks in, feel free ;)
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I wnat to have this thing wrapped up by Tuesday at the latest so we can get or ammo on wednesday.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#7]
bigscrun, put me down for two of the SA battle packs and I am also in for the 14-15 cents per round like nightsniper mentioned. I will call you Monday to verify order.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Im in for at least 2 packs, and will call in on Monday to verify!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Bigscun-Put me down for 2 for now.  I will call you on monday.  I will be in Seattle on the 22nd, any problems hanging on to this for me until then and I could meet you somewhere to pick it up?  I would get mine and probably Yankee's too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been getting the battle packs from james for over a year, damn good guy..Anyone remmember when they were $30.00 a pack, glad I stocked up then...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I am not trying to sell anybody on a SA shortage. There is a SA shortage. That is why we have not seen any in 3 months.
Again I am only trying help get these for the people that want them. If you don't think it is a good price don't buy them, it only leaves more for me. Or if you think you can work a better deal, James will be at the puyallup show next weekend with whatever we don't buy, for $45.00 a pack.
For the guys that want 'em call me by Tuesday so I can figure out how to collect money and distribute ammo.
And yes I to remember when battle packs were a ton cheaper, I also remember .98 cent a gallon gasoline, I am still waiting fot that to come back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I had to edit because it sounded bad...was not trying to crush your bucket you are doing a fine job...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it 45/pack shipped?  I'm in for 4 packs.  Got enough left?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
sorry if I am not saving you a ton of money, but everyone is always whining about not be able to get SA battle packs so I sourced some for us.

The 30k buy is for a top grade ammo that usually would run .16-.17 a round. If your not interested I am sure that Butch's, Wades, or Federal Way Discount would love to see you and your checkbook.

Wasn't trying to burst your bubble. You just stated that if you cold do a 30K round purchase you could get it for $45/300 which is 15 cents a round if my math is correct?? Right now you can buy it with your ARFCOM dibs first for $45/300 which is great price wise right now and cool that you could get that arranged. I guess I am trying to find the advantage to buying 30K for the same price. Always interested in large buys if it will save everyone funds...

Cheers
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#15]
R-32 and Belial I wasn't trying to blast you guys, sorry I am just trying to get some people hooked up that deserve it. Not the guys at the gunshows, half of them do not understand the difference between Wolf and Milspec Surplus anyway.

Gloftoe $45.00 is NOT shipped I am checking on shipping to Cali for Slipjoint he is paying extra for shipping. I will be more than happy to do the same for you, if you want me to. Where in Teaxs are you send me an address.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Big, If you want to go through all of the trouble of shipping that is one thing, but It makes more since to let james do it from his location. You are not getting a price break from him, He sells the battle packs for $45.00 (He raised his prices when everyone started talking about S.A. drying up) he is makeing a nice profit. I do know james, I have got battle packs from him for the last year, and before that He is the guy that My club buys our Swiss Ammo through. It is nice of him to drop off the battle packs by your place, that saves you (and most of us) from haveing to goto the show to get the S.A., I will say again, Im not busting your chops, just trying to save you the hastle of shipping to other people. You can find S.A. if you look local. I have it at my Range (SAMS) I can also get it at the Local hardware store (Mc Daniels do it center) for the same price. That is why I have said that the Dry spell was not a "forever thing" it is now getting back off the docks after the little strike a few months ago.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Big, If you want to go through all of the trouble of shipping that is one thing, but It makes more since to let james do it from his location. You are not getting a price break from him, He sells the battle packs for $45.00 (He raised his prices when everyone started talking about S.A. drying up) he is makeing a nice profit. I do know james, I have got battle packs from him for the last year, and before that He is the guy that My club buys our Swiss Ammo through. It is nice of him to drop off the battle packs by your place, that saves you (and most of us) from haveing to goto the show to get the S.A., I will say again, Im not busting your chops, just trying to save you the hastle of shipping to other people. You can find S.A. if you look local. I have it at my Range (SAMS) I can also get it at the Local hardware store (Mc Daniels do it center) for the same price. That is why I have said that the Dry spell was not a "forever thing" it is now getting back off the docks after the little strike a few months ago.

Wait wait wait. You saying they are getting NEW shipments in? I am willing to put money on it that they are not. I can find it local too, old stock, for $59 a battle pack. If you can get it for the same price that bigscrun is, great. If you can get it cheaper, let us know :)

If the dude has only 45 battle packs right now, not even considering that he might "run into" more later, there is a good chance that those could go fairly quick at Puyallup. Nothing wrong with getting dibs on it before the show.

R-32, you are starting to sound like one of those old geezers...  "I won't pay $279 for an AK. They used to be $59!"  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok, I think I may have made up my mind.  I do want to wait and see what the other deal turns out to be be so I will take 6 of the SA battle packs and some of whatever else comes up in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#19]
The reason I am doing all of this leg work is  the Washington Board does seem to be very organized on these types of things so I wanted to see if I could pull it of. First the boards...then the world
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
First the boards...then the world

Bwwaaahhhh
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Ammo drop to my store Wednesday morning confirmed if you want any call me, email me. Send me a friggin' smoke signal or something. You can write me a check or PayPal (+3%)

Oh yeah 30k buy is starting to look sweet. .15 a round not a problem, more info Wednesday.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#23]
My apologies, I am broke for awhile, but I'll follow the action, in case I can jump in later. Keep up the good work!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked mine up this afternoon.  Thanks bigscrun, you da man!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Iblis, YANKEEFAN, SuperChicken I have your ammo at my house ready to go.

Slipjoint your ammo is in the mail.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#27]
just call me, I always have my phone on me
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Bigscrun-  Any word on the group ammo buy?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I should know for sure this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#31]
shhhhhh! they are listening.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Big-Any word on the ammo buy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top