Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2003 7:08:42 PM EDT
.....to a Construction Tender in Natchez, Ms. I really have no idea what the job entails, but I am going as a Chief and will be the Engineering Chief Petty Officer (ECPO). I'll be in charge of the engineering plant and all auxiliary systems. About all that I know is that it is a 75' boat with a 130' barge. I don't even know what engines are in the boat.

I have to be there on 01 June 2003. I am looking forward to the new challenges that this assignment will bring, although I am also a little nervious, as I have never worked on this type of boat. On the other side of things, I am saddened to be leaving the area (PacNorWest). I have been in the Wa/Or area since 1996, and have come to like the area. I will miss seeing my son, [>(] as often as I do. I will miss my new found friends that I have only recently had the oppertunity to meet and go shooting with. But never fear, we'll throw some lead down range before I go.

Jamie
Link Posted: 3/17/2003 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, congrats. At least you now know where you will be at, even if you aren't sure of exactly what it is you will be doing yet :)

BTW, I hear MS sucks ;) On the other hand, I've heard that about many other places I've been also. It's all what you make of it. Just do what you have to do until you can be in a position to be close to your son again. It'll all work out in the end. :)
Link Posted: 3/17/2003 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

BTW, I hear MS sucks ;) On the other hand, I've heard that about many other places I've been also. It's all what you make of it. Just do what you have to do until you can be in a position to be close to your son again. It'll all work out in the end. :)

Well out of the possibilities I felt that this was the best option. Key West, Fl, Cape May, NJ or Natchez, Ms hummm. Although I don't know alot about NJ or Key West, I know enough to know that I wouldn't be happy in either place. So I opted for the place that I don't know anything about. I least if I don't like it I will know that for the next time.

As most things in live, which it seems that alot of people don't seem to understand, you have hit the nail on the head with It's all what you make of it.

Jamie
Link Posted: 3/18/2003 1:04:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2003 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!.....I think.  Just met you and now you're gone!  Good luck, see you on the 29th?
Link Posted: 3/18/2003 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Congrats!.....I think.  Just met you and now you're gone!  Good luck, see you on the 29th?

Yeh, I know! I knew that I might make Chief this year, but I really expected it to happen later in the year. Because of that I was expecting to stay here until at least next summer, I had know idea that I was going to transfer this year.

At this time, I'm not too sure about the 29th. I want to take 30 days leave plus my travel time. This would mean that I would be leaving in less than a month. I have to do some serious looking at exactly how much crap I have and how much of that crap I'm going to get rid of prior to moving. I'm only authorized 8500 pounds (or so) and I'm pretty sure that I'm well over that amount. I am a packrat and can in reality get rid of quite abit of it. But I need to go through it.

I'll know more on Monday, after I go to work.

Jamie
Link Posted: 3/18/2003 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]
there are worse places to be than mississippi. not many, but there are some be prepared for the weather. when i moved from washington to kentucky it was a major temperature shock. when i left air conditioned buildings my first summer i thought i would die. there is something wrong about an area that gets to be 100 degrees with 95% humidity. i don't know what kind of hunter you are, but mississippi is a hunters paradise. plenty of deer, turkey, squirrels. if you have never hunted and eaten squirrel, try it. not only is it fun, but they are very tasty. if you can manage to forget the fact that they are just tree-dwelling rats in fur coats. lots of fishing also. if you have any questions, i'll try to help. kentucky isn't mississippi, but they are similar.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2003 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
At this time, I'm not too sure about the 29th.

Don't start that BS you're gonna be there!

No, I'm sick.  No choice, you're gonna be there.

Hey now! I made it to the last shoot!!! More than JAFO can say.

I'm gonna try to make it, but I really don't know right now. I should know more on Monday or Tuesday.

So much to do and so little time in which to do it.

Jamie
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
At this time, I'm not too sure about the 29th.

Don't start that BS you're gonna be there!

No, I'm sick.  No choice, you're gonna be there.

Hey now! I made it to the last shoot!!! More than JAFO can say.

Ha.  Everbody loves Raymond

I'm gonna try to make it, but I really don't know right now. I should know more on Monday or Tuesday.

So much to do and so little time in which to do it.

Jamie

Link Posted: 3/24/2003 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeh, I know! I knew that I might make Chief this year, but I really expected it to happen later in the year. Because of that I was expecting to stay here until at least next summer, I had know idea that I was going to transfer this year.

At this time, I'm not too sure about the 29th. I want to take 30 days leave plus my travel time. This would mean that I would be leaving in less than a month. I have to do some serious looking at exactly how much crap I have and how much of that crap I'm going to get rid of prior to moving. I'm only authorized 8500 pounds (or so) and I'm pretty sure that I'm well over that amount. I am a packrat and can in reality get rid of quite abit of it. But I need to go through it.

Jamie

If you dont have room to take that cav arms lower or your oly 9mm upper. I would be happy to store those for you. I would even shoot my own ammo through them to make sure they didnt feel left out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jamie

If you dont have room to take that cav arms lower or your oly 9mm upper. I would be happy to store those for you. I would even shoot my own ammo through them to make sure they didnt feel left out.

hehehehe, nice try! But no cigar, they're going with me.

Jamie
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You will be closer to the Hun shoots...

Hmm June 1 is my B-day.

We'll talk about what you can get me at the shoot

LOL, my birthday too. And BottomeFeeder's.
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Well after going back to the office for the 1st time since 14 Feb, and talking to my supervisor, they are going to give me the leave that I wanted (31 days) plus travel time (8 days) plus proceed (house hunting) (4 days).

If you count backwards from 01 Jun, that means that I'll depart my currect station on 18 Apr. That is also the day that I'm leaving Washington.

I plan on going to Depoe Bay, Or and spending some quality time(well, as quality time as you can have with a 3 year old ) with my son. Then I plan on hitting the road to Natchez, do some house hunting and hopefully find something in a couple of days. Then time permitting go to Virginia and visit my folks and sister and brother-in-law for a couple of days, then go back to Natchez and report in to my new job.

The parent visit is all depending on how much I drag my ass while driving to Natchez. And I will probably report in early, as I'm likely to get impatient and ready to go back to work.

By the way, I'll be at the shoot on the 29th. 1GR has some of my magazines that I forgot at the last shoot.

Jamie
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
By the way, I'll be at the shoot on the 29th. 1GR has some of my magazines that I forgot at the last shoot.

I just remembered: he has my rifle. Doh!
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/25/2003 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Jamie

Playboy, Penthouse, OUI, Swank, and Bigguns.  Yep, I saw them there!
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#17]
A barge....in Mississippi....I'm so happy for you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Fijfi? You make it? You still alive?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#20]
fifji,
on almost all the street corners you will find huge black kettles full of MUD BUGGS.
Last time I was there they were a buck a pound.
Eat your heart out and enjoy the Cajun foods.
RedMan*
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone here from him?

He is my Co-Mod on the Glock Fourm, Just checken on him .
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#22]
NO!  We heard more from the guys that went to Afghanistan than we do Mississippi boy!
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#24]

I miss the big guy.

You could always enlist.  Then you could get assigned nearer to him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Gator Bait.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Well lookie who's back on the board!

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=206361&page=1
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Well lookie who's back on the board!

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=206361&page=1

Yep, I'm finally back on the board. But I leave this Friday to go to New Orleans for 35 or so days.

I hate the fact that I just got a house and now I'm leaving the area for so long....kinda makes that months worth of rent seem useless. But at least I finally have a house to come back to on the weekends.

So, how have all my Washington buddies been doing? I'm still trying to catch up on reading the boards.

Jamie
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Well its alot easier to get ammo around here since you are not here buying it all out. Other then that nothing going on just working mass OT like I always seemed to get roped into doing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top