Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2022 10:17:28 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm on the hunt for a decent "level 2" carbine class in SE PA (I'm in Montco).  I've done some rifle work before, last class I took was with Benoit @ Cajun Arms and had fun, but looking for something different.  Does anyone in the region have an "intermediate/level two/not quite a newbie" class posted from now to Spring?  I've had SQUAT for luck on the socials and such so far, any recommendations would be great.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club has different levels of Carbine Classes.  I believe you have to be a member to take them.

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club has different levels of Carbine Classes.  I believe you have to be a member to take them.

View Quote

A little pricey but you won't be disappointed by joining. Great club that has tons of stuff to offer including what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A little pricey but you won't be disappointed by joining. Great club that has tons of stuff to offer including what you are looking for.
View Quote

I live right down the road too, I just need to "pull the trigger" and do the damn thing.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Just jumped on the wait list for Lower Providence.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s fudd central. Do you want to draw from a holster? Nope. Do you want to rapid fire? Nope. Do you need a chamber flag while on the rifle range? Umm yeah you do. Fuck that place and the liberal gun user fucks that go there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It’s fudd central. Do you want to draw from a holster? Nope. Do you want to rapid fire? Nope. Do you need a chamber flag while on the rifle range? Umm yeah you do. Fuck that place and the liberal gun user fucks that go there.
View Quote

Lol what?  You can draw from a holster and shoot 'rapid fire' you just need to run through a 15 minute certification to do so.  With the # of new gun owners who have become members, I wouldn't want to shoot in the bay next to someone who hasn't been checked out to do that.  IF you can't pass the qualification, which isn't that hard for anyone remotely competent, I don't want you doing it anywhere near me.

Also, what's wrong with chamber flags?  I wouldn't want to go down rang to change targets next to someone where I can't see their gun is clear.  I believe most the ranges have a box of them to borrow if you don't have one with you.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are willing to travel a little south, Green Ops is really good stuff

I have heard good things about Max velocity and Paramount tactical solutions

Not a ton of great options in pa imo unless you catch a traveling instructor coming through
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Was a member there many years ago, not bad place, but limited ranges. Live in Lancaster now with much better range(long distance, and pistol) choices!
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you are willing to travel a little south, Green Ops is really good stuff

I have heard good things about Max velocity and Paramount tactical solutions

Not a ton of great options in pa imo unless you catch a traveling instructor coming through
View Quote

Yep, that's what I've come to find as well.  Still thinking about going out to Harrisburg in June for an AK/Galil class from IWI that looks high quality.  Striking out for decent AR work right now though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top