Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2022 10:29:09 PM EDT
Anybody ever been. I live in Va, is it worth the 2+ hour drive. Or a waste of time & money? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:31:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Was amazing 3 and 4 years ago. I am not going this year. Just recovered from SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never been to it. The vendor list is huge. Could be fun

This is encouraging
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Show's Website:
NO proof of COVID19 vaccination is required to enter the building and there is NO mask mandate
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely worth the drive. I am planning to go the last Saturday. We used to book our Canadian fishing trips.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
We decided we are gonna go on Wed the 9th. Hopefully the middle of the week won't be as crowded. Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a nice show, haven't gone in years
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Been to one in Tennessee 20 years ago had a real good time.

How crowded is it during the week?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm here now. Crowded but not bad so far. Nice to see a bronco and maverick up close. Just started walking the complex. No one gives a shit about covid. That's refreshing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not going this year and I live 30 min away. I skipped the last 3 years and it's the same vendors every year. Smart choice on going on a week day
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not going this year and I live 30 min away. I skipped the last 3 years and it's the same vendors every year. Smart choice on going on a week day
View Quote

Yep I think I'm done with it. Nothing new or innovative. It's like every other gun show for the most part now. Not worth the trek from up here in Drums.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I took my kids today. It was full but not too bad. We had a good time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Going on Wed. Did you guys buy your tickets ahead of time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got mine there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Went today. Nothing crazy or cool or innovative but I made a day trip north out of it and visited some local gun shops. Was pretty crowded for a Tuesday morning and I got there when they opened. I was hoping to run into Rare Breed Triggers there but no luck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I went many years ago and haven’t been back. I hate going to the Farmshow Complex for anything to be honest. I’ve got no time or money for hunting trips, they weren’t selling gun stuff last time and there was very little I could buy that wasn’t just a branded piece of merch. Kind of a big meh event for me. Maybe when my kids are a little older, but right now at 2 and 5 they’re not going to make the headache of dealing with their ongoing little people emotions worth going.

I’ve heard Newfangled Brew Works, 15-20min away, has great beer and awesome smoked wings.  I’m the brewer, if anyone wants to stop in PM me, I’m typically there until at least 6pm.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I went many years ago and haven’t been back. I hate going to the Farmshow Complex for anything to be honest. I’ve got no time or money for hunting trips, they weren’t selling gun stuff last time and there was very little I could buy that wasn’t just a branded piece of merch. Kind of a big meh event for me. Maybe when my kids are a little older, but right now at 2 and 5 they’re not going to make the headache of dealing with their ongoing little people emotions worth going.

I’ve heard Newfangled Brew Works, 15-20min away, has great beer and awesome smoked wings.  I’m the brewer, if anyone wants to stop in PM me, I’m typically there until at least 6pm.
View Quote

That’s exactly why I stopped going. Not looking at booking a hunt or fishing trip. Very little firearms manufacturers or merchandise on display. Last time I went about the only thing that was being sold was oil filter adapters.

Not to mention the complete lack of handicap accessible parking. I took my disabled son with me and we had to park out in the grass by the hotel as that’s where they where parking the handicap cars. Trying to get a wheelchair over to the complex was not a fun task.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I was going to go this saturday but now you guys have me on the fence about it.

I dont hunt or fish or have any interest in new vehicles or equipment. Is there anything for a firearm enthusiast?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was going to go this saturday but now you guys have me on the fence about it.

I dont hunt or fish or have any interest in new vehicles or equipment. Is there anything for a firearm enthusiast?
View Quote

Not a lot. The firearms area is very small every year.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Went yesterday. Had a good time. Now that I have been once doubt I'd go again. My buddy was able to test & buy some turkey calls, so that was good. Was a little crowded. but we were able to park in the main lot before they closed it, because it was full. Would hate to see the weekend crowd. Some of the big name manufactures, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Savage, Taurus were present. Would rate it 5/6 out of 10.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top