Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2022 5:36:27 PM EDT
Took the kids to Steel Yard Sports in Conshohoken, could hear lots of shooting.

I googled local ranges,  but nothing turned up.  Anyone have an idea what range it is?

It would be nice to put some holes in paper while waiting for the kids.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats just Philly

All jokes aside i'm curious as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think there is one.

According to the NSSF, https://www.wheretoshoot.org/

there are two ranges in the area I'm not familiar with:

Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club
NSSF
2857 Egypt Rd Po Box 7070
Audubon, PA, 19407
(610) 666-7460

That does list an outdoor range

The other is

Hayboro Sportsmen's Club
724 Norristown Rd

Horsham, PA, 19044-1108

(215) 425-7755
also outdoor range

If you find one, I'd like to shoot closer to 'home'.  No objection to King's, though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You weren’t hearing LPRGC or Hatboro from there.

Kings Shooter Supply is about 1500 yards from there. They have indoor ranges you can shoot at. I’m not sure how loud that would be but that had to be it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Nah - even in the back parking lot the range isn't loud.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:05:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kings Shooter Supply is about 1500 yards from there. They have indoor ranges you can shoot at. I’m not sure how loud that would be but that had to be it?
View Quote

Thats what I was wondering, could an indoor range be that loud?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I am pretty sure there is a cop range I'm Conshy. Also, is the Bala Cynwyd trap and skeet range still up and running?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thats what I was wondering, could an indoor range be that loud?
View Quote

King shooter is definitely not that loud. I live 5 minutes away from them. Can’t hear it.

Montgomery County Public Safety Training Center is in conshy on river road. They have an indoor range that you wouldn’t be able to hear, but I believe have a shoothouse but I’ve never been in that so can’t comment on that noise.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#8]
The more I think I about it the more I'm convinced it might be Philly Country Club.  They have a pretty active Trap and Skeet program and is less than a mile away.   I think they only shoot on Saturdays and Sundays in the mornings during the non-golfing months.  I'd be curious *when* you heard them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The Lower Providence club is REALLY nice, and relatively reasonable once you pay the "buy in" and do the work party.  I keep meaning to join myself... I'm just lazy and I always end up doing something else.  Haha.  AM planning on shooting over at King's on Saturday though, haven't show there yet but looking forward to ANY trigger time.

Typical "gun shop" guys, but they don't seem SO bad.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The more I think I about it the more I'm convinced it might be Philly Country Club.  They have a pretty active Trap and Skeet program and is less than a mile away.   I think they only shoot on Saturdays and Sundays in the mornings during the non-golfing months.  I'd be curious *when* you heard them.
View Quote

Yep always on the weekends, early afternoons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top