Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2021 5:13:17 PM EDT
I love PA.  It's where I was born, and where my earliest memories originate.
( I ignore NC, FL, NJ, and West Germany (I still call it that).

People mock it, but to me it will ALWAYS be my home.

I wish it was better in a lot of ways, but I love PA, and you all.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Left and came back.

Building this summer on land that was part of my wife's great grandparents farm.

My great great grandparents had a hotel a mile down the road.

I'm home, my roots are deep here.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Never moved out of PA, and I've always lived within 5 miles ( as the crow flies) of where I grew up.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I absolutely love PA.  Two hours to my cabin in the mountains. 2 1/2 to the beach. Snowmobile riding up north. Having 4 seasons may be my favorite part. Decent deer hunting. Pretty good fishing. The only complaint is my small town of Lititz is really getting built up and over populated.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Geographically I like PA a lot. Biggest thing I think that sucks these days is the tick population and the high prevalence of Lyme. But I like having four seasons, I like rolling hills, good mixture of agricultural and forested areas, etc. Some interesting history.

Politically I don't like where we're headed and I'm afraid it's going to get worse.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geographically I like PA a lot. Biggest thing I think that sucks these days is the tick population and the high prevalence of Lyme. But I like having four seasons, I like rolling hills, good mixture of agricultural and forested areas, etc. Some interesting history.

Politically I don't like where we're headed and I'm afraid it's going to get worse.
View Quote

I got Lyme disease a few years ago and it is brutal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Really miss the food.
Mom and Pop restaurant is my favorite place to eat. Here is mostly chain restaurants and the few Mom and Pop places aren’t really good and they sure don’t feed you like up north.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Moved away when I was a kid. I try to get back every couple of years, but God as my witness,  I'm going to retire in Upper Black Eddy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Absolutely. We go up to our cabin in the mountains every 2 weeks from April to November. We visit her parents in Gettysburg regularly and we are planning on moving in near her folks next year. The drive to our cabin from Central Va is brutal and gets old, but I will never stop making that drive.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absolutely. We go up to our cabin in the mountains every 2 weeks from April to November. We visit her parents in Gettysburg regularly and we are planning on moving in near her folks next year. The drive to our cabin from Central Va is brutal and gets old, but I will never stop making that drive.
View Quote

@woodrow75 where is your cabin?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Up in the Pocono Mountains off Lake Wallenpaupack. I am from New Jersey originally and we always spent our summers up there on the weekends.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love PA.  It's where I was born, and where my earliest memories originate.
( I ignore NC, FL, NJ, and West Germany (I still call it that).

People mock it, but to me it will ALWAYS be my home.

I wish it was better in a lot of ways, but I love PA, and you all.  
View Quote

i love carbon county, but if i could move to tx or fl and make the same amount of $ each year in the same field I would leave in a heartbeat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top