Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2021 7:45:20 AM EDT
Wife and I are going to be in/near Lancaster for a few days. Looking for shops to visit to break up the PA Dutch part of the trip.

We are heading from CT so any along the way are good too.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Trop Gun Shop is one of the better in the area. Good range with wide selection of rentals, including some full auto options.

In downtown Lancaster, stop at Barberet for some sweet treats. Absolutely amazing french bakery and bistro. Cedric Barberet made the cake for Donald Trump's wedding to Melania. Really.

Not too far away is Maple Grove Raceway, one of the top drag strips in the country. Though this weekend it looks like they are just having open test and tune which tends to just be street cars and bracket racers getting ready for the season.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Lanco Tactical is a few minutes from Trop.

They're smaller but my preferred LGS over Trop.  They're only a few minutes apart, if you're gonna go to one may as well hit both.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Shydas in Lebanon have the best prices in the area.  They also typically have better stock.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:44:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lanco Tactical is a few minutes from Trop.

They're smaller but my preferred LGS over Trop.  They're only a few minutes apart, if you're gonna go to one may as well hit both.
View Quote

This. Trop is a joke.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#6]
They got the guns covered so I'll add:

Snitz Creek Brewery in Lebanon (also Funck's in Palmyra, owned by the same people. Have Snitz brews there)
Rotunda Brewery in Hershey and Annville
Troegs Brewery in Hershey
Lancaster Brewing Company in Lancaster
Stoudts Brewery in Adamstown

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I always liked kerpers, although its been a long time since I've been out that way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Stoudts Brewery in Adamstown

View Quote

Wolf's Covid lockdown killed Stoudts. They've closed their doors permanently.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:33:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wolf's Covid lockdown killed Stoudts. They've closed their doors permanently.
View Quote

Oh shit, that is sad. I loved Oktoberfest there. Great times.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Westbound on Route 30, (AKA: Lincoln Highway) the road for several miles before Lancaster is nearly one continuous outdoor shopping center.
Left (south) and Right (north) there are dozens of stores to visit.  You name a restaurant style and it's there.
Outlet malls that have dozens of stores in themselves.
I don't know how many Hotels and Motels are along that stitch of Route 30.  There are several.
Keeping on going west, you get a break from shopping when you get to the PA State Police as well as PennDoT buildings.  
Route 30 becomes a divided highway/expressway.
There are about 10 exits that you skip.
You then come to the Park City Center mall.
There are Upper class food factories like the Bonefish Grill to name just one of them.
The mall in itself is just average, just like every other mall in America,
However, in the Food Court, and center of the mall, there a stall for Cinnabon.
On weekends I've been known to go to that mall just so I can buy a box or two of Cinnabon buns and rolls.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Westbound on Route 30, (AKA: Lincoln Highway) the road for several miles before Lancaster is nearly one continuous outdoor shopping center.
Left (south) and Right (north) there are dozens of stores to visit.  You name a restaurant style and it's there.
Outlet malls that have dozens of stores in themselves.
I don't know how many Hotels and Motels are along that stitch of Route 30.  There are several.
Keeping on going west, you get a break from shopping when you get to the PA State Police as well as PennDoT buildings.  
Route 30 becomes a divided highway/expressway.
There are about 10 exits that you skip.
You then come to the Park City Center mall.
There are Upper class food factories like the Bonefish Grill to name just one of them.
The mall in itself is just average, just like every other mall in America,
However, in the Food Court, and center of the mall, there a stall for Cinnabon.
On weekends I've been known to go to that mall just so I can buy a box or two of Cinnabon buns and rolls.
View Quote

I didn't realize there was still anything open in Park City.  Once the big stores went out I assumed the rest went too.  I live 10 minutes away but couldn't tell you the last time I was in there.  

We hit the restaurants around the mall a lot though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Park City is like Berkshire up here in Reading, empty and needing a Blues Brothers drive thru, lol.

OP, Trops has got a lot of stuff, and prices to match. Last gun I sold through them was a $42 transfer. Buyer was PISSED. Lanco Tactical is across from the train station in Elizabethtown, been shopping there since it was Nathan Lamb Firearms and operated out of Nathans house. Prices are good and they can do/build anything pretty much. Nathan is on my very short list of good guys you can trust.

If you get NE of Lancaster near Ephrata make a side trip to Kerpers in Bowmansville. Another good place with lots of stuff. Cheryl is good people.

And another vote for Shydas in Lebanon, right across from the VAMC entrance.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Shyda's

If they weren't so far out of my Usual AO I'd visit them more often.

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#14]
On the south side of Lancaster, Morr Range is a modern shooting range and shop. https://morrrange.com/
Up Hwy 283 a few miles is Kinseys Outdoors.  Always like to stop there when nearby. https://www.kinseysoutdoors.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top