Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 10:13:03 PM EDT
Please sign and share this petition to help Carbon County Pa become a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary http://chng.it/fMNPBC7H
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
SHot, over.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Please sign and share this petition to help Carbon County Pa become a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary http://chng.it/fMNPBC7H
View Quote

i am from carbon county and this is the first i heard of this
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a new movement less then a month old, Bowmanstown is the first municipality to become a 2a Sanctuary, there is on going talks with multiple Mayors, Township Supervisors, had a talk with County Commissioner setting up meetings with the others soon
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:48:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a new movement less then a month old, Bowmanstown is the first municipality to become a 2a Sanctuary, there is on going talks with multiple Mayors, Township Supervisors, had a talk with County Commissioner setting up meetings with the others soon
View Quote

Nice. Im also in carbon county. Just signed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nice. Im also in carbon county. Just signed.
View Quote
Thank you spreading the word is all we ask right now I've been going to township and borough meetings to introduce the ordinance.. looks like a few are looking to adopt it
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I was one of the guys for Union County SASO. The method we used was we went to every municipality in the county, many of which did the ordinance, then we went to the county.

It was several months of hard work, but it made a better presentation to the county commissioners.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Just wanted to update everyone Palmerton adopted a resolution a ordinance is in the works but something is better then nothing
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just wanted to update everyone Palmerton adopted a resolution a ordinance is in the works but something is better then nothing
View Quote

Outstanding!
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:24:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Carbon County passed the resolution if I recall.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:25:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank you spreading the word is all we ask right now I've been going to township and borough meetings to introduce the ordinance.. looks like a few are looking to adopt it
View Quote

It's taking off like wildfire. It's the topic of conversation at my firehouse.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Wanted to post another update Lansford adopted a resolution is slow going but that puts us at 3 with some big meetings to come
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wanted to post another update Lansford adopted a resolution is slow going but that puts us at 3 with some big meetings to come
View Quote

At least a resolution is better than nothing!  Keep up the hard work!
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

are u in lansford? i have a house in town
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Add Franklin township to the list of sanctuaries
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Add Franklin township to the list of sanctuaries
View Quote

Ordinance or resolution?
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ordinance or resolution?
View Quote
Resolution so far no bites on ordinance but hoping after the big meeting that can change.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Let's add Penn Forest Township to the resolution list this brings us to 5
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#18]
For us, it seemed like after 2 municipalities adopted an ordinance, others were more receptive. Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For us, it seemed like after 2 municipalities adopted an ordinance, others were more receptive. Good luck!
View Quote
That's what I'm hoping happens here, we have the county meeting this week, also from what I've been told one Borough is signing resolution at next months meeting and a different Borough the mayor is issuing a proclamation at their meeting that'll bring us to 6
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's what I'm hoping happens here, we have the county meeting this week, also from what I've been told one Borough is signing resolution at next months meeting and a different Borough the mayor is issuing a proclamation at their meeting that'll bring us to 6
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Parryville joins the movement bringing us to 7 also our neighbors Luzerne County Passed a 2a Sanctuary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top