Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2021 12:15:48 PM EDT
Hello all!

My permit expired in July of last year and I have been calling to try and get an appointment but I keep hitting dead ends.  My permit is from Lackawanna County, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello all!

My permit expired in July of last year and I have been calling to try and get an appointment but I keep hitting dead ends.  My permit is from Lackawanna County, any suggestions?
View Quote
I'm sure you have the info below, I'd try calling again, and if that doesnt work, use the admin phone #'s or email.
Good luck.

https://www.lackawannacounty.org/index.php/departmentsagencies/public-safty/sheriffs-office

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
When I renewed my expired license in Wayne Co. back before the COVID crap I had to appear in person fill out the application, pay the fees and get photographed.  After the "pandemic" hit they waived me having to come back to pick up the license and instead mailed it to me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hello all!

View Quote

Expired permits have been extended until March 31.

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/PA-State-Police-Details.aspx?newsid=618
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the info but every time I called I would get a recording saying that only residential permits would be considered.  Then another recording said apps would be accepted at the drop box at the court house so I was confused.

It’s good to know that the permits have been extended till the end of March, gives me some time to get in touch and set a date.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I renewed my expired license in Wayne Co. back before the COVID crap I had to appear in person fill out the application, pay the fees and get photographed.  After the "pandemic" hit they waived me having to come back to pick up the license and instead mailed it to me.
View Quote

I like heading over PA.  For my permit I usually make a day of it.  When did you make your appointment, befor or after the initial lockdowns?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like heading over PA.  For my permit I usually make a day of it.  When did you make your appointment, befor or after the initial lockdowns?
View Quote

I foolishly forgot to renew my old permit within the allotted time.  I started the process for a new permit just before the lockdowns and had to appear in person to make application.  They did the reference checks by letter and mailed me the permit when it was ready.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top