Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2020 4:12:33 AM EDT
Has your governor issued any stupidity on out of state hunters? ( other than the suggested 14 day quarantine )
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I havent heard anything

Anywhere you plan on hunting in PA most likely wont care who you are and where you are from.

Plus Texas plates are pretty common in PA (at least in SW PA)
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Has your governor issued any stupidity on out of state hunters? ( other than the suggested 14 day quarantine )
View Quote

No.  Also, who gives a shit if he does?  Nobody is going to stop you or bother you.

On the off chance that someone does, "yeah, I've already quarantined, thanks for keeping us safe."
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No.  Also, who gives a shit if he does?  Nobody is going to stop you or bother you.

On the off chance that someone does, "yeah, I've already quarantined, thanks for keeping us safe."
View Quote

Brother in law said almost exactly the same thing.
Will be in NE PA near the border of NY( closest town is Elmira. Hunting on in-laws place( 400 acres)
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Will be in NE PA near the border of NY( closest town is Elmira. Hunting on in-laws place( 400 acres)
Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I grew up hunting up in that area... Tioga County and Bradford County.

Yeah, seriously dont even give it a thought.  I can tell you as someone who blatantly and willfully defied all of the travel bans back in March, April, and May to go fishing, that you will be fine.  Besides, you are not interacting with people, you're in the woods, by yourself.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
While our Governor has an endless supply of stupid, no, no restrictions on out of state visitors...
And even if Governor Dumbass ordered one, his edicts have been deemed unconstitutional by federal courts...
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
While our Governor has an endless supply of stupid, no, no restrictions on out of state visitors...
And even if Governor Dumbass ordered one, his edicts have been deemed unconstitutional by federal courts...
View Quote

To add to that, I know a significant number of PSP Troopers who did exactly zero enforcement during his last BS effort... park the cruiser somewhere during your shift and avoid people.  They don't want to get involved in this shit.  Even in other states where there was a show of force, it was short lived and forced by politicians.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I talked to a PSP Trooper during the last lockdown, he flat told me they weren't pulling anybody over. Never effected me anyway, I'm a home care nurse so I got my "get out of a ticket free" letter.

Please come up and hunt, we got deer getting hit all the time right now, it's incredible.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Leave Tuesday night. Be there thanksgiving. Get deer and bear tags on Friday
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I read an article saying State police will not be pulling over out of staters. You're G2G - good to go.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all. I will be leaving late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning.

Hope I get a shot at one of y’all’s huge bodied deer.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:33:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I read an article saying State police will not be pulling over out of staters. You're G2G - good to go.
View Quote

Please link to article if possible , have family coming for Tday and deer season .
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Please link to article if possible , have family coming for Tday and deer season .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://lancasteronline.com/news/health/fact-check-pa-adds-travel-restrictions-but-police-won-t-be-pulling-over-out-of/article_4e01da70-7070-57d6-b2ea-8ae4967d107c.html

Even in states with the worst lockdowns, you can get through with the right answers.  They even give you a blueprint of the right answer.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:12:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I have family from ny and nc coming to my house.  Nobody gives a shit.  Wolf can fuck off.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Opening day tomorrow. Looking forward to spending a few days up here
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Opening day tomorrow. Looking forward to spending a few days up here
View Quote

Enjoy! Be safe. Good luck today
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks all. I will be leaving late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning.

Hope I get a shot at one of y’all’s huge bodied deer.
View Quote

You need to head over to Ohio for big deer.
I think there are some bigger ones west of I-79/beaver and shenango rivers
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Got today and tomorrow left. Still batting zero.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Good to see you harvested a nice young buck.

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Congratulations, OP!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Congrats OP.  What type of rifle and can?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bigger than every deer I have shot in Texas ( body weight wise, just north of 180lbs.) i will age him via lower jaw in a couple of weeks when the bugs and bacteria in the compost bin get done with the head.
We definitely get bigger antlers in Texas. This guy would be a cull based solely on his rack down here.

Got him on my last day with six minutes of legal light left in the day
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Congrats OP.  What type of rifle and can?
View Quote

Marlin Dark 336 in 30-30 with Dead Air Sandman-L
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Marlin Dark 336 in 30-30 with Dead Air Sandman-L
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Bigger than every deer I have shot in Texas ( body weight wise, just north of 180lbs.) i will age him via lower jaw in a couple of weeks when the bugs and bacteria in the compost bin get done with the head.
We definitely get bigger antlers in Texas. This guy would be a cull based solely on his rack down here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All that really matters is that it's legal and you had a good time
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

All that really matters is that it's legal and you had a good time
View Quote

Had a blast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top