Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2020 11:28:13 PM EDT
Apparently to burn flags in the National Cemetery (and do God-knows what else).

GF just had up a tweet about it - their rallying call - saying "no bikers, veterans, patriots" allowed. Oh. And "kids welcome".

Human shields, no doubt, while they try to smash or deface monuments.

Who else is going to be there & hold the line - protecting one of our nation's most sacred sites from these fucks?
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure it's just a troll trying to rile up folks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#2]
With statues coming down left and right - you really think so?
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I read something the other day. Talked to some hockey buddies and we are considering going. Not exactly sure if it's real but could be a good day to be there.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing no firearms in the park?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm guessing no firearms in the park?
View Quote
https://www.nps.gov/gett/learn/management/lawsandpolicies.htm

Firearms in National Parks: The law governing possession of firearms inside a national park changed on February 22, 2010. Visitors may possess firearms within a national park unit provided they comply with federal, state, and local laws. The role of the responsible gun owner is to know and obey the federal, state, and local laws appropriate to the park they are visiting. Please remember that federal law prohibits firearms in certain park facilities and buildings. These places are marked with signs at public entrances. The role of the responsible gun owner is to know and obey the federal, state, and local laws appropriate to the park they are visiting.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Monuments and cannon were placed by veterans of the battle to mark positions and honor the sacrifices made by those organizations. They are irreplaceable historic objects protected by Federal law. Please help preserve them by not climbing, standing or hanging on monuments and cannon carriages.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Firearms in National Parks: The law governing possession of firearms inside a national park changed on February 22, 2010. Visitors may possess firearms within a national park unit provided they comply with federal, state, and local laws. The role of the responsible gun owner is to know and obey the federal, state, and local laws appropriate to the park they are visiting. Please remember that federal law prohibits firearms in certain park facilities and buildings. These places are marked with signs at public entrances. The role of the responsible gun owner is to know and obey the federal, state, and local laws appropriate to the park they are visiting.
View Quote
Thanks

I might pay a visit to Gettysburg on the 4th

I never been there before
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 6:29:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Well if you actually want to enjoy yourself that's not the day to go.
It's the busiest day of the year.

If you want to protect statues, go.
I bet antifa doesn't show. It's a high risk target for them. They pussied out 3 years ago... tons of us showed up.

Link Posted: 6/23/2020 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone posted this earlier today in a Facebook group. The overwhelming consensus was that this was a prank/troll just looking to rile folks up.
In fact the discussion itself was ultimately deleted because it was determined to be a fabricated event.

Now that's not to say that this may not ultimately turn up to be a real thing. We've seen how the "OK" hand symbol has been turned into a hate symbol from the left inventing a fake story, the alt right then adopting it, and the whole thing became a self fulfilling prophecy. Yet with that said, the whole thing currently stands as a joke/farce.

Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
It's fake. "Sponsored by Antifa." LOL Please.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

they didn’t show up in 2017 when they planned on doing this. I was there with biker clubs and a lot of pa militia was on scene as well. No antifa anywhere
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

they didn’t show up in 2017 when they planned on doing this. I was there with biker clubs and a lot of pa militia was on scene as well. No antifa anywhere
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they didn’t make the ads the same as this year

Someone does it as a prank and tons of people fall for it
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Just playing devils advocate here, while I agree it's probably a prank, with all the violence this year and statues coming down and monuments being defaced..... What if they DO show up?
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#14]
From a strategic perspective, I think it's ploy.
Announce an attack at X. Initiate attack at Y.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I follow all of their pages. It is fake.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I have fake profiles I spent years on to infiltrate way deeper then this.

Just an example of what is being said about the event.

They are all just making fun of anyone thinking it’s real and some were even talking about playing into it being real to waste peoples time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 4:30:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Where there is smoke, there is fire.

The ironically named "Antifa" is a paramilitary terrorist organization--an actual domestic communist army. They have deep levels of leadership, strategic planning, and are very well-funded. If they ARE planning to go on the 4th, it would be in their interest to dismiss this as a fake event in order to minimize the number of potential counter-protestors.

Whether it's real or fake, they need to know that we ALWAYS take such threats seriously and will ALWAYS act defensively. We will never let their fascist actions go unchecked. Gettysburg is not a place they will be permitted to mess with.

I am going.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I know everyone kept saying it was a hoax, and I believe that the guy that posted it certainly never intended there to be an event.  But there were so many people that saw the post planning to show up to "defend" the monuments, I figured that there had to be people planning to "support" the cause to damage things.  My biggest concern was that a group of people would show up to cause problems, and absent any "Leadership", the loudest idiot in the group would take over.  Remember, a person is smart, but PEOPLE are dumb.  

I was there in an official capacity.  And there were some "antifa" types there, but I believe that they saw they were outnumbered by the 'III% Militia" groups present. I did hear that a bus of the "antifa" tried to stop in town and the Police told them they couldn't unload in town and they drove away to find a spot to park.  Don't know that they ever came back.

I watched a lot of the militia guys "patrolling" around from my position.  Even talked to few the night before.

There was a guy claiming to be BLM or whatever that picked a fight with a militia guy two blocks from the Federal Mobile Command Center.  LE was on scene in under two minutes.  The idiot had outstanding local warrants and went to jail.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#18]
The news has been largely suppressed, but I know of two incidents where antifa/BLM types and patriots (both sides armed) squared-off in the G-burg square (circle).

Don't know much more than that about the 2nd night, but there were several arrests the first night.

Fucking downtown Gettysburg - four and a half miles from my home!

I sure wish I could afford a $600 trunked scanner! It sucks that word of this shit doesn't get out - unless you know someone (and, even then, it's after the fact)!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
We're about the same distance away from the square. My fiance is on a bunch of Gettysburg pages on Facebook and it's hilarious the crap people post about what goes on there. Apparently some woman was arrested for shouting at cars in the circle that had Trump stickers that they had little dicks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#20]
No way I'm joining any local FB pages!

Can I count on you to keep me in the loop?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We're about the same distance away from the square. My fiance is on a bunch of Gettysburg pages on Facebook and it's hilarious the crap people post about what goes on there. Apparently some woman was arrested for shouting at cars in the circle that had Trump stickers that they had little dicks.
View Quote

I heard about that lady from a coworker that was driving through the square while the lady was yelling at people
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I heard about that lady from a coworker that was driving through the square while the lady was yelling at people
View Quote

Ha! I heard about it in much the same way! LOL

You know, it might not be a bad idea to meet sometime, since we're so local to each-other. All the arfcommers I've known from the general area (central PA) have moved on to other pastures.

Would you like to shoot me an IM and we can make that happen?
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You know, it might not be a bad idea to meet sometime, since we're so local to each-other. All the arfcommers I've known from the general area (central PA) have moved on to other pastures.

View Quote

I would be interested, I moved to the area about 2 years ago and still dont really know anyone up here haha
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can be very socially awkward. To be honest with you I have been contemplating how to respond to this since you posted
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I can be very socially awkward. To be honest with you I have been contemplating how to respond to this since you posted
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its a match then.
TT, dont be scared.. F11B is a good dude.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
its a match then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its a match then.

That's nice of you to say, OverScoped! Thank you.

I'll shoot you an IM, TT.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Former11BRAVO

Your inbox is full mate.

Warning you ahead of time...
I am a 30 year old tattooed factory worker with poor social skills. If you choose to ignore communication I will understand
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@Former11BRAVO

Your inbox is full mate.

I am a 30 year old tattooed factory worker with poor social skills. If you choose to ignore communication I will understand
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Former11BRAVO

Your inbox is full mate.

dude, he was in the army....  
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Apparently some woman was arrested for shouting at cars in the circle that had Trump stickers that they had little dicks.
View Quote

I bet NONE of you guys know how to handle her.

You tell her you DO have a small dick and tell her she has no excuse to refuse you a butt-fuck.

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@Former11BRAVO

Your inbox is full mate.

View Quote

@TrailerTrash556

Ha! No sweat, bro!

I've got some ink and my boy is in VA doing his tattooing apprenticeship.

I'm in insurance now, but I'm a former infantryman, construction-worker and a biker - although, my bike's off the road at the moment.

I'm sure we'll get along just fine.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
dude, he was in the army....  
View Quote

Just warning him in advance. You never know man. Some people turn up their nose at white trash dirty inkys

@Former11BRAVO
Your inbox is still full lol
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Hmmm . . . .

I deleted a bunch of messages.

That's weird.

Do I need to log out/log in?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hmmm . . . .

I deleted a bunch of messages.

That's weird.

Do I need to log out/log in?
View Quote

Still full.
Get it under 250

Or email

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:52:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Still full.
Get it under 250

Or email

View Quote

Thanks bro.

I'll try to get on that tomorrow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top