Page / 21
Posted: 6/14/2020 9:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: laxman09]
Follow along for future meet ups!
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:
Anyone else coming out for this, only two more chances left.

So much gear to checkout or a chance to test out the gear you got.

Also, a good chance to network with like minded folks, which is important nowadays.
View Quote

Cue most overused meme in all the arfland...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck, how did I miss this thread. Where is the meetup? Is there another one in March?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:
Fuck, how did I miss this thread. Where is the meetup? Is there another one in March?
View Quote

You tell us!

Yes one more shoot in march.

Btw never seen your name before.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The last shoot of the season is March 6th, announced earlier today.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The last shoot of the season is March 6th, announced earlier today.
View Quote

Fiiiiiiiine I'll go.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahhhhhhhhh anyone else going to come do night time stuff?  Asking for a friend.

March 6 is the last shoot until Nov 2021.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I want to come out, but these dates are sucky for me.

I hope y'all have a nice time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:

View Quote

This. Wife works the weekends which leaves me on baby duty. If it was a Friday I might be able to swing it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rdot:

This. Wife works the weekends which leaves me on baby duty. If it was a Friday I might be able to swing it.
View Quote

I know you schedule is tricky. My wife told me the other day "you need to hang out with your arfcom friend who has kids so we can have friends."

So there is that
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By laxman09:

I know you schedule is tricky. My wife told me the other day "you need to hang out with your arfcom friend who has kids so we can have friends."

So there is that
View Quote

Sounds good to me!  Once the weather breaks we'll host a small gathering. We got lots of room for the the kids to run around and play.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Sounds good to me!  Once the weather breaks we'll host a small gathering. We got lots of room for the the kids to run around and play.
View Quote

Sounds good friend.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OverScoped:

Bring baby, I have an extra helmet & 14 he/she can borrow for the evening.

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Bring baby, I have an extra helmet & 14 he/she can borrow for the evening.

View Quote

My 2 year old would love it but im not sure the 10 month old would be quite as enthusiastic
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#14]

My 2 year old would love it but im not sure the 10 month old would be quite as enthusiastic
View Quote

Got to build those neck muscles early!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:21:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: laxman09] [#15]

Its going to be cold out this Sat, but a PC keeps you warm! Come on out and have fun. Or at least look good standing around for that all important 'gram post to show the ladies.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not going to be able to make it this time.

Is the guy with the M2 supposed to be there again?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Any of you guys ever shoot an NRL22 match at Rosedale?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PA452:
Any of you guys ever shoot an NRL22 match at Rosedale?
View Quote

I never have. Only organized shoots Ive participated in anywhere have been the night shoots.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Are you bringing your mannequin?
View Quote

The mannequin is long gone.

I put fishnets and heels on her and stuffed her head down into the trash and took the trash out.

I got two visits from the police that day. One right off the bat to check it out.

The second was after the trash guys hauled it away. Sort of a social call. He told me that 27 people called and reported a dead woman in my trash.

Not bad.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By piccolo:

The mannequin is long gone.

I put fishnets and heels on her and stuffed her head down into the trash and took the trash out.

I got two visits from the police that day. One right off the bat to check it out.

The second was after the trash guys hauled it away. Sort of a social call. He told me that 27 people called and reported a dead woman in my trash.

Not bad.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn might not work for me either. Although my schedule for work might change by then with it slowing down do who knows
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#22]
If you are coming and haven't told me you have to be there by 5pm because they are locking the gate this time @ 5.

Cost to shoot is $20, free to hang out.

PM me if you're coming and I'll tell you how to find me.

Dress warm, bc it's going to be COLD.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Not going to make it, but just curious, why are they locking the gate at 5? Trying to make sure no one wanders in to shoot after the safety brief and puts more holes in the pistol plates?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Not going to make it, but just curious, why are they locking the gate at 5? Trying to make sure no one wanders in to shoot after the safety brief and puts more holes in the pistol plates?
View Quote

I'd assume so, yes.

And hopefully we'll see you next month. With some thermal
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#25]
For those coming to the shoot tonight. The bend to the rifle range by the creek is a sheet of ice. GO SLOW
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Noice

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:54:57 AM EDT
[#27]
How'd the shoot go? Hope no one added any more air holes to the pistol plates.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#28]
How'd the shoot go? Hope no one added any more air holes to the pistol plates.
View Quote

It was cold. Very. Cold.

Maybe 20 guys showed up total, so there was a much more relaxed atmosphere as we spent a good amount of time around the dumpster fire or blast heater. Got to check out a Tommy Gun, PS90, digital thermal, and come clip on thermal. Also shot a APC9-G that made me feel poor.

Next month is the last shoot so Ill be there again, hopefully its not as cold.

The quad NODS should be there to check out as well.

No pistol plates were hurt during the course of shooting this month. They did spray paint the rifle targets a dark red which was VERY difficult to see once dark and really left and impression on why an IR illuminator is important.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Well guys, March 6 is the LAST NIGHT SHOOT until November. Come out and check out some NODS, shoot, meet new people, or just stand by the dumpster fire like I did most of this past month's shoot.

Hopefully its not as cold, but with the way the weather has been probably wont be that lucky.

Lots of shooters bring some fun guns to shoot, if you are willing to use your own ammo. I got to try out a B&T APC9-G this month as someone offered me the chance. Also got to shoot using a thermal clip on which was pretty fun.

Even if you dont have NODS and want to shoot using white light, come out!

After this shoot Im going to try to think of something for regular meet ups, but Id like to get some ideas from others. Doesnt have to be a shoot. Maybe a hike. Maybe we shovel each others driveways. Maybe @Overscoped tells us trucking stories around a camp fire. Maybe we work on @Hill_Monkey 's truck so it starts up. Or @piccolo gets some new mannequins for us to hide in dumpsters. I dont know, but Im open to ideas.

Its been great getting to meet everyone I have so far and I know a lot of local members have difficult schedules so hopefully in the summer with better weather we can get some new faces out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Well guys, March 6 is the LAST NIGHT SHOOT until November. Come out and check out some NODS, shoot, meet new people, or just stand by the dumpster fire like I did most of this past month's shoot.

Hopefully its not as cold, but with the way the weather has been probably wont be that lucky.

Lots of shooters bring some fun guns to shoot, if you are willing to use your own ammo. I got to try out a B&T APC9-G this month as someone offered me the chance. Also got to shoot using a thermal clip on which was pretty fun.

After this shoot Im going to try to think of something for regular meet ups, but Id like to get some ideas from others. Doesnt have to be a shoot. Maybe a hike. Maybe we shovel each others driveways. Maybe @Overscoped tells us trucking stories around a camp fire. Maybe we work on @Hill_Monkey 's truck so it starts up. Or @piccolo gets some new mannequins for us to hide in dumpsters. I dont know, but Im open to ideas.

Its been great getting to meet everyone I have so far and I know a lot of local members have difficult schedules so hopefully in the summer with better weather we can get some new faces out.
View Quote
I'm getting a new truck.

But yeah, I'm in for nicer weather activities with fellow arfcom peeps.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#31]

I'm getting a new truck.

View Quote

NICE! Got to spend that ammo $$ on something.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

I'm getting a new truck.

Yeah
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Laxman, kudos for being a local motivational force to encourage our Pittsburgh brethren to get out and meet up. As you mention, we need to associate more often in whatever capacity it may be.

I've kind of fallen off of the Arfcom map the past several some odd months but that needs to change.

I'm currently unsure if I'll make the 3-6 shoot but I'll try. Either way, I'll be seeing at least a few of you in the near future.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm getting a new truck.

View All Quotes

I'm getting a new truck.

I've got your new truck right here.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JK_Pyre:

Laxman, kudos for being a local motivational force to encourage our Pittsburgh brethren to get out and meet up. As you mention, we need to associate more often in whatever capacity it may be.

I've kind of fallen off of the Arfcom map the past several some odd months but that needs to change.

I'm currently unsure if I'll make the 3-6 shoot but I'll try. Either way, I'll be seeing at least a few of you in the near future.

View Quote

Thank you friend, just doing what I can. Plus my wife said I need friends

I hope things have been going well for you. We all need a break from here now and then as well. I know after the election I wasn't around here as much for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

I'm getting a new truck.

Hope all is well.

Let me know if your gonna make it next month, I’ll bring my spare helmet with a 14 for ya.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Hope all is well.

Let me know if your gonna make it next month, I’ll bring my spare helmet with a 14 for ya.
View Quote

@jk_pyre do itttttt!

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#39]
https://i.imgur.com/GCymaZm.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Last shoot of the season is coming up and we are hoping for warmer weather then the last one. Will probably start the night off with the FBI qual test again. This was a ton of fun but at the end, range master J didn’t have any gas station erection pills to hand out for the winner. I think we will have a special prize for the best shooter, this time. On a side note...we were thinking about having CDS Arms  bring the ma deuce back for one last run of the season. Is there an interest for others to shoot it this time? It’s not worth him hauling it out if guys don’t want to give it a go. If there is an interest then we would like to know sooner then later. Let us know.
View Quote

Watching is free
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Watching is free
View Quote

I'm ready to watch people spend $$ again shooting the deuce
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#42]

I'm ready to watch people spend $$ again shooting the deuce
View Quote
Me too
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Damnit man you need to give me more notice then that, I work Saturday and can't come

If you guys do another one please PM me with the details
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Damnit man you need to give me more notice then that, I work Saturday and can't come

View Quote

Well the next one is in November, sooooooo

Sorry you cant make it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Sorry you cant make it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:

Sorry you cant make it.

Noob class is next October?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#46]

Noob class is next October?
View Quote

Website says Nov-March. Daylight savings doesnt kick in until early Nov, which Im assuming is what they wait for to start up again.

Last light is already going to be about 6:45pm next month.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Well just a last heads up, last shoot is this Saturday. Ill be there. @Hill_Monkey will be there.

Interested? Shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Some updates for this Saturday. Since this is the last shoot of the season, we are doing things a little different. Starting at 330pm we will be grilling out down on the rifle range. Feel free to come early and eat. Food will be available from 330-5 or till it’s gone. Come hang out and talk shop while you can still see people in some daylight. Feel free to bring something if you like. We have several people driving a long ways for this one and we will be at the club earlier should you decide to come. Gate opens at 130 and closes at 5pm.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I like food.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I also like food, we should hang out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top