Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 8:56:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#1]
yea i bet he got the boot when a republican Governor got elected in Maryland. Sounds like this could be a major impact to gun owning in PA.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Shit like this will never get passed in PA. It doesnt just happen overnight if we dont let it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shit like this will never get passed in PA. It doesnt just happen overnight if we dont let it.
View Quote

Never say never; it can - and will - happen if we get complacent.  But the republicans have an overwhelming majority in the state legislature right now, so its not an issue for a while, at least.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
NY thought the same thing the Rinos screwed us so never say never...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yea i bet he got the boot when a republican Governor got elected in Maryland. Sounds like this could be a major impact to gun owning in PA.
View Quote

He didn't get the boot. He resigned to take this job. Hogan doesn't take office until next week. I don't live in PA but I wanted to give you guys a heads up, please spread the word on local PA forums
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
He still has to be approved by the Senate. Make phone calls, write tell your senator the Commissioner should be picked from within the PA State Police.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He still has to be approved by the Senate. Make phone calls, write tell your senator the Commissioner should be picked from within the PA State Police.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Having gone through a situation where a senior leadership person parachuted in from outside as a political appointee, I can tell you that this will have a dramatically detrimental effect on the PASP.  

It was an experience so unbelievably drenched in failure, I don't think it will ever be repeated again.  

Now they have to learn that lesson here.  

There will be an ebb and flow between dismal morale and outright war between the Troopers and the senior leadership.  

What a shame they are doing this to such a great outfit.   God Bless them for their dark days ahead toiling under the boot of this political fool.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Although this guy seems to not  be a good guy,  the current Commissioner (Noonan) is undoubtedly the best Commissioner we've had in the last 25 years I was on the job.  Noonan was never a member of PSP.

The thing I liked about him is he didn't "owe" anybody in the department anything.  He was fair and a down to earth guy.  Much better than the ones I served under that came from PSP.  Noonan is a good guy.  He was also Oliver North's roommate during USMC OCS too!

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Although this guy seems to not  be a good guy,  the current Commissioner (Noonan) is undoubtedly the best Commissioner we've had in the last 25 years I was on the job.  Noonan was never a member of PSP.

The thing I liked about him is he didn't "owe" anybody in the department anything.  He was fair and a down to earth guy.  Much better than the ones I served under that came from PSP.  Noonan is a good guy.  He was also Oliver North's roommate during USMC OCS too!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. 2 more years and I'm out. I have a feeling its not going to be a good 2 years.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Look what we have from the last Democratic Gov in PA. Now we have another term of Rendell .
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/Pa_to_pay_50M_over_claims_of_giving_benefits_to_ineligible_immigrants.html?c=r
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Fucks be upon him.  

Troop - Good luck and never take your eye off that finish line.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top