Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2014 4:02:52 PM EDT

Own a Gun, Go to Jail, Welcome to New Jersey!

What happened to Shaneen Allen should be synonymous for all that is wrong with gun control laws.  Allen is the Pennsylvania gun owner who ran afoul of New Jersey’s vicious attitude toward gun owners.

This young single mom twice had been the victim of crime in Pennsylvania and so she obtained a concealed carry permit.  A week later, mistakenly thinking that her permit protected her in New Jersey, Allen told a cop during a traffic stop that she had a gun in the car.  That got her 40 days in jail and meant that she was, subsequently, facing three to ten years if convicted on the charges.

http://gunowners.org/
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#1]
And heaven forbid if you load your gun with "HALLOW* POINT BULLETS" in NJ. They are illegal there, but LEGAL in the 49 other states. Even New York, Assachuchets and Commiefornia do not have this law. What is a HALLOW point bullet? One that has been blessed by the pope?

* Yes I know they are called HOLLOW point bullets, but this was what they said when she (Allen) was arrested.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the age old scenario of "ignorance of the law is no excuse to break it".
I don't like NJ gun laws any more than anyone else on this board, but it's what the idiots (or is it morons?) in NJ want by and large.
They elected their legislature. They reap what they sow, and they have to live with the consequences.

This mom didn't do her homework, period. This is no differet than someone who thinks their CCW lets them carry in schools, courtrooms, secured side of the airports and polling places on Election Day. Just because she's from our side of the fence doesn't mean the laws of Darwin do not apply to her too.

And last but not least, I haven't needed to inform anyone of anything in nearly two decades, which just so happens to coincide with the time I stopped speeding and started reading signs. It's not magic, it's the law of averages. Don't call attention to yourself, and you won't need to say nothing to no one either (double negative, I know, I know).
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Or dont go to that state and support there agenda. The only time i step foot in nj is to see my  parents or in laws the rest of the time i have zero use for the state. NYS is the same, i try not to fund anything. I hoping i can see my house this spring and be out of NYS and move to PA and enjoy the freedoms of this great country.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Just some insight...I was a NJ resident for most of my 31 years. Just celebrated my 1 year as a PA resident.
1. Hollow points are NOT illegal in NJ. You may own, transport to range or to home. They're not illegal till you do something illegal with them.
2. As much as I think it s BS she was charged.  It was that mother's responsibility to know the laws of the state she drove to.  As a PA gun owner, hw can you NOT know your pa permit is NOT valid in NJ? Bottom line, she was stupid. It sucks, but that's the truth. And why would she tell the officer she was carrying in the first place? Just doesn't make sense to me.  Again, I don't believe she should have been charged, but it was her own fault.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
i dont feel one bit bad for her or anyone else. there is plenty info on the internet for every state law.
its like her saying , oops i didnt know the gun was loaded...

she knew what she was doing. you just dont ''forget'' your gun is in your purse. or where your permit is honored.
if she cant handle those small things, she doesnt even deserve to be a gun owner.

and why are we talking about NJ or any shitty state gun laws in the PA Hometown ? just dont even cross the border.
i just laugh when i see guys at gun ranges reciting NJ gun law bullshit instead of shooting and enjoying Freedom.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just some insight...I was a NJ resident for most of my 31 years. Just celebrated my 1 year as a PA resident.
1. Hollow points are NOT illegal in NJ. You may own, transport to range or to home. They're not illegal till you do something illegal with them.
2. As much as I think it s BS she was charged.  It was that mother's responsibility to know the laws of the state she drove to.  As a PA gun owner, hw can you NOT know your pa permit is NOT valid in NJ? Bottom line, she was stupid. It sucks, but that's the truth. And why would she tell the officer she was carrying in the first place? Just doesn't make sense to me.  Again, I don't believe she should have been charged, but it was her own fault.
View Quote

Tell that to a friend of mine. He was transporting a car from AZ to NJ for a car show. The NJ State Gestapo decided that "Arizona" is a gun state and stopped him for no other reason than his truck was from AZ. He searched the car and found he had a gun in it (big surprise since EVERY ONE in AZ has a gun in their car) and of course the .22 hand gun was loaded with hollow point bullets. Long story short he was brought before the judge and the judge told him that hollow point bullets were only used to kill people. THAT is the kind of mentality those morons have in that state. While legal in 49 other states they are not in new jersey.

GIVE ME A BREAK! From the your house to the range, or from the store to your house, what difference does it make? Do they have to be in a locked box too? Lord knows what kind of anarchy would happen if you loaded them in a gun or even a magazine and inserted them into your gun! Yet, in 49 other states you can do just that. Nothing has happened to those people.

God, I hope country wide (federal level) reciprocity happens soon! Lord knows it won't happen in this state or new jersey.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#7]
She mostly likely just got scared and told the Cop right away to avoid getting in trouble. Little does she know she should of just shot herself to avoid any trouble in this state...

The cop could of been cool about it and not done anything but the jack booted thugs in this state don't care.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is no differet than someone who thinks their CCW lets them carry in schools, courtrooms, secured side of the airports and polling places on Election Day.
View Quote

Polling places on election day? Or are we not talking about PA?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#9]

I stand corrected (yes, that's an AZ thing);
But it just goes to prove my point, folks need to do their homework when carrying.(and in this case, posting).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top