Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2013 5:23:33 PM EDT
Any other Quinn & Rose listeners here?

I've been listening to them for 13-14 years, maybe more, since back when they were on 96.9 WRRK. I typically listen to their show in the morning on the drive to work. Tuned in like I always do Monday and they were playing some other show. I assumed they were on vacation. Turned out their show is off the air. Hard to believe they're off the air, having known of them a good portion of my adult life. Hope they'll get a new slot with a new radio station.

So far I'm not impressed with their replacement.

http://rbr.com/quinn-and-rose-loss-at-wpgb-gets-big-response/

Link Posted: 11/22/2013 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
From what i've heard, they had no idea it was coming, and were told about 20 minutes prior to going on the air on a monday morning that they were being let go.   Bloomdaddy sucks.

i'm willing to bed that Sean Hannity gives Rose the hookup somehow, and Quinn gets the shaft.    That's pretty much been his luck through his career.    Sucks too, because he's a good guy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what i've heard, they had no idea it was coming, and were told about 20 minutes prior to going on the air on a monday morning that they were being let go.   Bloomdaddy sucks.

i'm willing to bed that Sean Hannity gives Rose the hookup somehow, and Quinn gets the shaft.    That's pretty much been his luck through his career.    Sucks too, because he's a good guy.
View Quote

I had the same thought. Rose has even guest hosted Hannity's show on Fox. He really likes Rose, she'll get set up with something. I'm not entirely sure that Quinn wants that level of exposure, but I don't know.

I know Rose is nice and has her heart in the right place, but I find her kind of annoying sometimes. She had a bad habit of constantly interrupting and talking over Quinn.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Been listening to Quinn & Rose for a long time also, this Bloomdaddy guys is terrible.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#4]

I hope the best for them both.

Link Posted: 11/25/2013 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#5]
wow, last time I tuned in I figured bloomdaddy was some awful fill in, he is really bad, while not my favorite, Quinn and Rose had a decent show. this new guy,  ill pass
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a travesty.

I hope they're back on the air soon.  Maybe even just in an online format for a while.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I know Rose is nice and has her heart in the right place, but I find her kind of annoying sometimes. She had a bad habit of constantly interrupting and talking over Quinn.
View Quote

Yep.  Every fan of the show that I have talked to has said pretty much the same thing.  

The show was better when Jim did more of his thing.  

Link Posted: 12/2/2013 4:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Q&R were flaming the shit out the usurper the week before they were canned: using the I word near constantly, take what you may from that.

Bloomdaddy blows the populist pickle, and therefore, should fare well in da 'burg just like he does down in its basement in the Ohio Valley
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I was wondering what happened to them.  I find this new guy very uninteresting to listen to.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was wondering what happened to them.  I find this new guy very uninteresting to listen to.
View Quote

This new guy is about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought they were on vacation also.  That's not cool.  

New guy sucks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I see advertisers have dropped off of their website.  

I hope Quinn doesn't retire, I can't believe he is 70.

http://warroom.com/
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, Keystone Brothers! This hit me like a ton of bricks, since we've followed Jim & Rose for years as well.

Met 'em both in person when we went to the big Rallys they had over here at John Carroll University and Cuyahoga Falls, (Akron) OH Tea Party Rallys.

Jim really needs a job to "feed" that gas hungry 'Vette he loves to drive! Heck--he'd buzz over from Pittsburg to Cleveland in record time (usually talking his way outta a few speeding tickets along the way!)

Here's his latest email he sent me today:

QUINN AND ROSE UPDATES:
Please help us make these events a success, as some of them were planned before our show was cancelled and we feel terrible about that. Since we can no longer promote on air – your help getting the word out will be very much appreciated.

SEE IMPORTANT DATES BELOW:

Saturday, December 14th
Dean Diamond Importers
Westmoreland Mall
Greensburg
Noon to 2:00

Books available

Monday, December 30th:
Rose is guest hosting for Sean Hannity
3:00 pm to 6:00 EST

Monday December 16th through January 1st:
The QUINN AND ROSE CHRISTMAS SHOW
Posted at: www.warroom.com

Saturday, February 22nd:
NOTE: Another commitment that was made before cancellation of show. Please get the word
out for these people. They had expected promotion on air.
7:00 PM Beaver County Christian School Presents:
LISTEN UP SPEAKER SERIES with:
JASE ROBERTSON OF A&E's Duck Dynasty and Rose
Scottish Rite Cathedral
110 E. Lincoln Ave.
For tickets see http://www.pittsburghsymphony.org For more details please see http://www.bccslistenup.org

APRIL:
ALSO: VERY IMPORTANT:
Rose will fulfill her commitment to Conservative Tours. She does not make a promise without following through. Several listeners had already signed up for the tour before the show was cancelled but she felt it important to be there for them. She was able to work this out with all parties involved so as not to disappoint those that signed up. There is still lots of room for more people.

NOTE FROM ROSE: I just had dinner again the other night with my fellow travelers to France. We forge the most amazing friendships on these trips. It's as though we have all known each other for ever!

Please Join Rose in Italy in April:
ITS THE SOUTHERN ITALIAN SECRETS TOUR -- AND I HOPE YOU'LL JOIN ME IN THE SPRING! WE'RE HEADED TO THE AMALFI COAST AND THE WORLD'S MOST BEAUTIFUL SEASIDE DRIVE. From SORRENTO we'll TAKE THE HIGH SPEED HYDROFOIL TO THE isle of CAPRI. OPTIONAL DAY TRIP TO FLORENCE ON THE BULLET TRAIN. ROME. THE VATICAN, THE COLISEUM, THE PANTHEON AND TREVI! THE VALUE ON THESE EVENTS IS ALWAYS PHENOMENAL. Meals, private luxury coach, 4 star hotels.
Toll free: 888 733 9494
Or go to http://www.conservativetours.com
NOT DONE YET! WE'LL DISCOVER ROMANTIC Umbria and the magnificent small town of Assisi! Wine tasting at a medieval castle.
AND my favorite village in all of Italy: Cortona where UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN WAS filmed.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:39:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Haven't listened to the radio in awhile since I've been working at home but when i traveled to work, I always had them on.  Sad to see they were removed.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone found a morning alternate? "Bloom" Daddy doesn't make it!

Sundance
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone found a morning alternate? "Bloom" Daddy doesn't make it!

Sundance
View Quote

I've been listening to the America Now with Andy Dean podcasts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 6:46:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep.  Every fan of the show that I have talked to has said pretty much the same thing.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very much this.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Q&R were flaming the shit out the usurper the week before they were canned: using the I word near constantly, take what you may from that.

Bloomdaddy blows the populist pickle, and therefore, should fare well in da 'burg just like he does down in its basement in the Ohio Valley
View Quote

What is this dreaded "I word" you speak of?

I'm a transplant to the area and while the local talk station blows, Q&R was the best show on there.  Something about Rose's voice would annoy me occasionally, but I enjoyed their show and their banter.  

Dave Ramsey at night isn't bad now, but I miss Andy Dean and, before him, Savage.  This Bloom-Idiot in the mornings now is horrible.  The weekend line up is equally horrible.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2014 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't say for sure, but possibly "interloper"? IIRC they called him that a lot.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Hopefully something will come soon.  They must have had some sort of non compete clause for X period of time in their contract.  But then it also takes time find a new station/network.  I think they would prefer to sign with a station that has the ability to do some sort of affiliate aggreement.
Check for updates on the Fans of Quinn and Road facebook site.  Looks like something is in the works.
And the usurper is a douchebag.  He sucks.  I cannot even stand his commercial break promos during beck or rush.

Just how did holder get so far up the clearchannel CEOs ass to get daschle jr in their to destroy the network?  Why would any sane person allow this hack, who's prior experience was as a director for the anarchist terrorist group called the Ruckus Society, any kind of management job?  These people don't want no government, they want a communist government, with themselves in charge, of course.  These are the same tools who run around in their black hoodies and masks destroying private property/storefronts during economic summits, etc.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Hell, glad to find this thread.  I started listening to Q and R on 96.9 WRRK when he came on the air there.  No matter where I was in the country I always liked the show better than most morning talk shows.

Hopefully something decent will be in the works as Jim is a great guy. (I miss seeing his Vette with the plate Warroom).

Link Posted: 2/17/2014 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm a transplant to the area and while the local talk station blows, Q&R was the best show on there.  Something about Rose's voice would annoy me occasionally, but I enjoyed their show and their banter.  

Dave Ramsey at night isn't bad now, but I miss Andy Dean and, before him, Savage.  This Bloom-Idiot in the mornings now is horrible.  The weekend line up is equally horrible.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I Word: Impeach

....and they were laying out the legal reasoning with passion.

Can't have that
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I noticed near the end they were repeating broadcast segments a lot. Made me scrathc my head a few times  but i thought maybe they were on vacation or something..

Was kind of surprised to see them go.  I cant get into Bloomdaddy at all

Meh Most days i just listen to my ipod anyway.  Too many commercials on radio.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top