Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2013 11:24:54 AM EDT
From AG Kane's website:http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6811

NOTICE FROM ATTORNEY GENERAL KATHLEEN G. KANE

The Attorney General of Pennsylvania has entered into a modification of the current firearm reciprocity agreement with the state of Florida.  This reciprocity agreement previously permitted citizens of Pennsylvania who were not also Florida residents to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit (hereinafter "CCP") from the state of Florida.  The CCP would then be honored in Pennsylvania without the need for a CCP granted by a Pennsylvania issuing authority.  This agreement has been modified as follows pursuant to the authority of the Attorney General of Pennsylvania as found in 18 Pa.C.S. § 6109(k)(1):

1.  If you are currently a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from the state of Florida, your Florida permit will no longer be recognized in Pennsylvania 120 days from the date of this Notice, or on June 8, 2013.  In the proscribed time period you may apply for a CCP in the county of your residence.  Please be aware that your local Sheriff or Police Department (in cities of the First Class) will have forty-five (45) days from the date of your application on which to grant or deny your application for a CCP.

2.  If you are a dual resident of Pennsylvania and Florida you need not apply for a CCP in Pennsylvania if you currently hold a CCP from Florida.  You must, however, carry with you proof of your Florida citizenry/residence along with your CCP identification when you are carrying a concealed firearm either on your person or in a vehicle.

3.  If you are a resident of Florida only and have a CCP from Florida it will continue to be honored in Pennsylvania with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.

IMPORTANT
This Notice does not impact the validity of Pennsylvania CCP's issued to residents of Pennsylvania.  All valid and unexpired Pennsylvania CCP's remain in full force and effect.  Further, if you are a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from Pennsylvania it will continue to be honored in Florida with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#1]
So basically PA wants you to have primarily a PA LTCF if you are a PA resident, correct?
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
She is democrat what, you notice how it is never mentioned....
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I just sent her a virtual bitch slap.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So basically PA wants you to have primarily a PA LTCF if you are a PA resident, correct?

Yes.

If you are one of the unlucky people who live in Philly and are subject to their illegally imposed restrictions for obtaining a LTCF, you're screwed!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

If you are one of the unlucky people who live in Philly and are subject to their illegally imposed restrictions for obtaining a LTCF, you're screwed!

Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

The creative can easily find a way around this.  

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

--Fargo007

They shouldn't have to. (I know you are aware of that )
I wish that someone with deep pockets and a grudge would drag their asses to court over it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I hear ya bro.

The princelaw guy (Josh Prince I think?)  on his site is looking for people tangled up in this circumstance precisely to champion this cause.  

He correctly points out that there is no authority invested in the AG to "modify" agreements.   Only to enter into them or to not.  

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

--Fargo007

They shouldn't have to. (I know you are aware of that )

I wish that someone with deep pockets and a grudge would drag their asses to court over it.

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I never could understand why we had to get an Out-Of-State license when we could already have relatively access to CCL.  I'll be renewing for at least the 3rd time come October.  I usually spend more time finding parking spaces than time in the office getting the new license.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Because Philly was imposing illegal and ultra-restrictive measures preventing people from obtaining LTCF's.

Have unpaid parking tickets? No LTFC

References not from PA? No LTCF

References did not sign form or provide their drivers license number? No LTCF

Those are reasons why legal persons were getting FL non-resident licenses.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#12]
get a Virginia, Utah, NH, etc Permit.... nothing to see here... business as usual
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
get a Virginia, Utah, NH, etc Permit.... nothing to see here... business as usual

While those are valid options, that doesn't mean this is a "nothing to see here" issue.  Kane has taken away one of the options people have been using to CC.  That is a step away from gun rights and individual liberty.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While those are valid options, that doesn't mean this is a "nothing to see here" issue.  Kane has taken away one of the options people have been using to CC.  That is a step away from gun rights and individual liberty.

I agree, there's ways around this. But we shouldn't need a way around.

For hells sake, if they were so worried about crime, they'd arrest the politicians.

Link Posted: 2/9/2013 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Only till she "ammends" those aggreements, what they're looking to do is "if you are a Pa. Resident, you need a Pa. LTCF."
With Philly, that Screws A LOT of folks out of a LTCF.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Utah will no longer issue a non-resident permit to someone who does not have a permit from their home state.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#17]
well, why didnt she hammer Utah , Virginia etc already ?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Only till she "ammends" those aggreements, what they're looking to do is "if you are a Pa. Resident, you need a Pa. LTCF."

Link Posted: 2/9/2013 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

test case?

Link Posted: 2/9/2013 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Utah will no longer issue a non-resident permit to someone who does not have a permit from their home state.

same with NH and ME
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 4:47:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Utah will issue non resident permits.
and if PA doesn't want my tax dollars, ill go to 32 other states that can care less where your from on a FL permit.
PA is infested with the Libtard disease now.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#21]
What about NJ residents with a FL license?

Should be getting my PA DL in the next week then I can apply for a PA CCWL, but until then...
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#22]
another reason the libs gotta go
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Give her time...She hasn't been in office a month yet...
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#24]
lol... ill just keep goin round and around. there's always a way to beat thier scam.
its kinda fun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I am considering handing the standard state form for the LTCF in Philly. I can't do it right this moment but when/if I do it has been suggested to me to bring a copy of the UFA and normal LTCF form, having a camera rolling when I proceed to hand in the form and if they turn me away I have documented proof of a denial and can appeal and SHOULD be ruled in my favor.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Utah and NH will not issue a non-res CCW to a PA resident unless the PA resident has a valid PA LTCF.  
Utah will issue a non-res CCW if your state of residence does not have a reciprocity agreement with or honors a Utah CCW.  NH will not issue a non-res CCW unless you have a valid CCW from your state of residence.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/CFnewapp.html
Non-resident proof of permit.

If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP
or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your
home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah
permit.  For a list of reciprocal states click here. Residency
will be determined by your state-issued identification.  If your state
does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#27]
hehe...all good bro's
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
hehe...all good bro's

You like the dance?  

You must be too young to remember when getting a permit in almost any state was nearly impossible.

I grew up in Arizona and got a permit within a few months of the law changing.  Now when I return to Arizona, I need no permit to carry.

That is the direction we SHOULD be going.  Not in some direction where you can feel proud to be out thinking the system.  

Have fun explaining to the officer why you can carry because 'X' law, as pertaining to 'Y' regulation in 'Z' state makes it legal for you carry in PA.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top