Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2010 11:39:17 AM EDT
Hi,

Black Hat Training Corps will be conducting a one day Tactical Carbine Course on October 10th, 2010.  This course is unrelated to the club match program and is offered as independent professional instruction.

The course will be centered around the AR platform, and the Kalashnikov.   Students who have both are encouraged to bring them.  We can work with any other platform out there too.  Focus is on defensive use of the carbine but those looking to improve their practical competition shooting will also benefit.

# Basic Handling skills (loading, reloading techniques, press-checks, malfunction clearing)
# BRM Review (Basic Rifle Marksmanship)
# Zeroing - Where to zero, and why
# Equipment choices
# Properly organizing and laying out your loadout
# Stance, presentation, maintaining SA and control before, during, and after target engagement
# Multi-directional engagement drills
# Shooting positions, including Urban/Rice Paddy/SBU/Rollover prone variations
# Making the most of cover
# Effective cornering with a carbine
# Rapid Engagement drills
# Transitioning to support side, and making it work
# Transition to pistol (both AR & Kalashnikov techniques)
# Shooting effectively on the move
# Solving close-range bore height offset issues
# Engagement distances for this course will be from 3 to 100 yards.

We will start out working on some of the drills dry in the classroom to work out the technique, then proceed out to the range.  It is a full day of training from 0800 to 1600.   Round count should be between 180 and 200, and cost is $125.00 with a $25.00 discount for NHRPC members.

Full information and online registration is available at:

http://bhtcorps.com/101010reg.html

Thanks, and look forward to seeing you out on the range.

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#1]
http://bhtcorps.com/101010reg.html
Hot linked for you fred
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 4:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks brudder!  

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Freddy are there still spots open?
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Yessir.  It's the precision course that is full.  We still have about eight spots in this one.

Registration is on the BHTCorps.com website on the left border of the page below the navigation box.

I actually just got back from the range testing out a few skills assessment drills we will be working on.

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Registered, Freddy where do you want the check?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be sending emails out shortly with all the info.  I can confirm you are registered though.

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#7]
woot registered!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup - I see you too.

Confirmations have been sent, and we only have three open spots remaining.

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:54:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you guys ever offer this later in the day? I cannot make it at 8am, but 10am is maybe feasible. (I'm driving from nearly 2 hours away, and the wife would have to get up early to watch the 2-year old while I prep to go, etc).
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I am an hour and a half away myself.  

Maybe we could have a late start in the summer when we have more daylight to work with.  

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am an hour and a half away myself.  

Maybe we could have a late start in the summer when we have more daylight to work with.  

––Fargo007

That would be possibly doable. I might be able to manage 9am, but that's pushing it...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#12]
isn't this on a sunday morning?

traffic will be NILL
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

traffic will be NILL

I don't know where Fargo lives, but I'm 1.75 hrs away, and that's when traffic isn't a factor.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

traffic will be NILL

I don't know where Fargo lives, but I'm 1.75 hrs away, and that's when traffic isn't a factor.

I did the google map directions thing, I'm about 2.25hrs away - no traffic I assume, so if I have to be there at 8am, I will leave around 6am and probably get there with time to spare - since there will be no traffic.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I had the same issue with NYPD/Federal guys that want to come and train as well.  

Don't worry - We will work something out on the next one for sure.  We always start the day with some dry drills indoors to cement down many of the handling & stance fundamentals anyway.  

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:15:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I went to register today and it was full.  Let me know if anyone drops out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:02:21 AM EDT
[#17]
No prob.  Please email me your info at bhtcorps AT gmail and I will add you onto the course roster as an alternate.  

––Fargo007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top