Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2010 8:11:46 PM EDT
Living in NJ with Fla non resident I can carry in PA according to AG.  What are the general rules where you can't carry (eg. schools)?  Can I carry on parks such as Lancaster Central Park?  I'm going to a Mall on Sat with family and I'm guessing its ok there.  Understanding PA is an open carry state, does that go for non citizens also?  Can I open carry with a non resident permit or does that not matter?  Thanks.

-Tom
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:29:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamo1231] [#1]
I am a NJ resident as well with a FL CCW.  In PA you can carry on college campuses but not any other school campuses.  While open carry is legal i would strongly recommend that you carry concealed.  It attracts much less unneeded attention from ordinary citizens and the police.  Carry in federal buildings (post office) and police stations is strictly prohibited.  Ik carry in federal parks is prohibited but am unsure about state parks.

I would recommend that you carry a copy of the reciprocity agreement between PA and FL on your person, i do and i have never needed it but you never know.  Good luck and have a fun time :)

Yamo1231
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I scanned the first few pages here and didn't see anything answering this question.

I have a no resident Florida permit, which I understand is good in PA. Are there any exceptions to Philadelphia?

Here in New York, NYC is like its own state with its own (crappy) firearms laws, doesn't recognize even my NYS permit, etc.. Is philly the same way in Pennsylvania, or am I good to go with a Florida permit?
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By N_Viejo:
I scanned the first few pages here and didn't see anything answering this question.

I have a no resident Florida permit, which I understand is good in PA. Are there any exceptions to Philadelphia?

Here in New York, NYC is like its own state with its own (crappy) firearms laws, doesn't recognize even my NYS permit, etc.. Is philly the same way in Pennsylvania, or am I good to go with a Florida permit?

The only difference with Philadelphia is that you cannot OPEN carry without a LTC there.  

If you have a LTC that is recognized as valid in PA you can carry CONCEALED anywhere in the state but for the minor exceptions noted above (e.g. post office, etc).  I join the above recommendation that you carry concealed and avoid OC.  

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
^^^

What fargo said.

In Philly all things are retarded. They occasionally get bitch slapped by the state and reminded that they don't get to make the rules as they see fit.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#5]
On the application for references, are brother-in-law and step bro-in-law considered family?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Parrot32] [#6]
Responded to the 2010 part
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
You can carry in federal parks, but NOT in places like visitors centers. In other words, if you want to follow the law at places like Gettysburg, leave it in your car before you walk up the hill. That being said, the VC has no metal detectors and concealed means concealed. Your call.

Philly jacks up their own citizens if they open carry (agree with OC or not, they do it) and will revoke a LTCF issued by PPD for something as little as a parking ticket. Permit or not, if they even catch a glimpse, chances are you will be proned out and they will be contacting Florida, and maybe even your local PD in NJ.

That being said, welcome to Pa.!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 7:24:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nickds] [#8]
Originally Posted By Scratches:
Living in NJ with Fla non resident I can carry in PA according to AG.  What are the general rules where you can't carry (eg. schools)?  Can I carry on parks such as Lancaster Central Park?  I'm going to a Mall on Sat with family and I'm guessing its ok there.  Understanding PA is an open carry state, does that go for non citizens also?  Can I open carry with a non resident permit or does that not matter?  Thanks.

-Tom
View Quote
All reciprocal agreements are maintained by the attorney generals office.

I strongly suggest you read the section on Residents Of Another State. That would be the top of page 12.

PA Atty Gen

ETA- Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top