Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2009 4:54:44 PM EDT
I'm looking to visit my sis in PSU and want to take her shooting while im there.  Im looking for the nearest public range and I have heard that the Scotia range is just that.  

However, I cant find any information regarding this range...When is it open? phone number? what are the rules? what do i need to bring along with me? etc..

Please help.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
This should help...

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=480&q=161297

Scotia is a great public range. Usual restrictions for a PGC range about number of rounds loaded and rate of fire, but other than that, a very nice range. When are you planning on being there?

Adios,

Pizza Bob
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This should help...

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=480&q=161297

Scotia is a great public range. Usual restrictions for a PGC range about number of rounds loaded and rate of fire, but other than that, a very nice range. When are you planning on being there?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

sometime mid november probably on the weekend....is there anything i need to lookout for?
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing to really look out for.  It's a nice little range I used to go to when I was at PSU.  I guess one caution would be that if you're going when there is a significant amount of snow on the ground, you may need a 4x4 to get down the dirt road that the range is on...at least that was the case a few years ago.  They didn't seem to do any winter maintenance on that road.

Other than that, just stop at the club house/RO house before shooting to sign in.  Keep in mind the round restircions and have some fun.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]
As stated chech the rules before shooting.

Been awhile but I think you can only load 6 rnds in a pistol & 4 rnds in a rifle.

Double taps, even if the shots are touching, will get you growled at.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nothing to really look out for.  It's a nice little range I used to go to when I was at PSU.  I guess one caution would be that if you're going when there is a significant amount of snow on the ground, you may need a 4x4 to get down the dirt road that the range is on...at least that was the case a few years ago.  They didn't seem to do any winter maintenance on that road.

Other than that, just stop at the club house/RO house before shooting to sign in.  Keep in mind the round restircions and have some fun.

what do i need to bring with me?  stapler? targets? etc.  

what is all this stuff i hear about the auxiliary range?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:45:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Yes, those, but they have target stands/boards for the rifle range and permanent stands for the handgun range. Auxiliary range is basically a field where some people shoot hand-thrown trap.

Since you are going in mid-Nov, be aware that PA's white tail season starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. The closer you are to that, the busier the range will be. I believe also that the range is closed during deer season - at least it used to be that way.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, those, but they have target stands/boards for the rifle range and permanent stands for the handgun range. Auxiliary range is basically a field where some people shoot hand-thrown trap.

Since you are going in mid-Nov, be aware that PA's white tail season starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. The closer you are to that, the busier the range will be. I believe also that the range is closed during deer season - at least it used to be that way.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for the info...is there any phone number for the range?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top