Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:06:10 PM EDT
OK, is it a God given right to drive at or below the speed limit in the passing lane in PA. Not to bitch (too much) but when I am trying to get somewhere and come upon a driver doing 65 or below in the fast lane there is a great chance they have PA plates.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#1]
this is common, i daily drive a race car, trust me its EVERY where here
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
OK, is it a God given right to drive at or below the speed limit in the passing lane in PA. Not to bitch (too much) but when I am trying to get somewhere and come upon a driver doing 65 or below in the fast lane there is a great chance they have PA plates.

Isnt moving to the right a NY state law?  I just consider it common sense.  If Im being followed by someone in the the left lane that wants to go faster, and there is no one in front of me, I just move the heck over.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It used to be, now only on the thruway where they have "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs. I find it a courtesy also but anymore it's just another travel lane. Then when you pass them on the right they give you a diry look.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:16:18 AM EDT
[#4]
usually the granny lane run faster... go figure. And the harder you ride them the slower they go.
It not just PA though, I see it in NJ too. Im on the road alllllll day long and you I see all kinds of A-holes.
And when you go to NY. They have no idea what yield means.. And ifthe light is turns green better give it
another 2 seconds before you go thru.... they just keep going.  The fact is there is too many people on the road
and it dont take much to start a road rage fight.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#5]

yeah and we can have 30 round mags here.

no shit though i just got stuck behind some dumb shit going slow in the passing lane coming home from my trip to walmart.

finally got space to pass on the right when the jackass decides to move over as im passing him.  well he got about a 10 second horn for that one.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:35:31 AM EDT
[#6]
On limited access highways in Pennsylvania, it's illegal to drive in the left lane unless you are passing or approaching a left lane exit.  So in theory, if you aren't passing or getting off the highway, you shouldn't be in the left lane at all.  What can I say?  Every state has its share of dumb ass drivers!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:28:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh, we have our fair share of assholes. My unit covers ten counties and the bosses always want you somewhere you aren't and they want you there yesterday. It's maddening as hell to come up on somebody yacking on their phone in the left lane doing 60. Then again they did it when I was driving a marked K9 unit Tahoe that screamed STATE TROOPER from the front, now I drive a funny car and it's 10X worse.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:49:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Ha!  It's even better when they realize you are a police officer and slam on the brakes!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Wish I could resurrect an identical thread we had about this very same subject back around 2006 or 2007. I was hilarious.
Only difference was, guy who started it was from Ohio I think.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's funny; when I'm cruising along in the left lane on the Turnpike and some yahoo pulls in front of me, apparently without looking, ignoring the fact that I'm going faster than he is, and that his going 1 MPH more than the car 100 yards in front of him will require significant time to allow him to pass said car, they almost always have NY plates if I'm on the N-S turnpike, and it's a 50-50 split between NJ and NY on the E-W turnpike.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#11]
My main complaint here these days is people pulling out in front of me, in a hurry to get in front of me.... just to go slow.... and they see me coming down the street (at the legal speed limit )......
just to go slow, then stop, to make a left or right hand turn. Never fails. I don't bother getting angry anymore. It's not worth it. I live in a dinosaur graveyard..... so you can't let this crap get to you
anymore, or you will have  a heart attack. I had spent my last 8 years, roughly, driving in CA, before moving back to PA. I road raged like a mo-fo my first year or so back home. Then I realized
it's not worth it. It doesn't work.

1. Fast lane on the Turnpike is not fast
2. Yield sign on on-ramps really means slam on brakes and kill guy behind you.
3. Drive until you finally get your license yanked for countless hit and runs, or,  have heart attack at wheel when you hit 98yrs old.
4. Yellow "Do Not Park" painted signs and lines on pavement in front of supermarkets don't count if you are there to buy Lottery Tickets or Smokes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ha!  It's even better when they realize you are a police officer and slam on the brakes!

hell,. when i see a statie rolling up quickly in my rearview i speed the f**k up then get over,.. and once they go by i kinda follow along in there wake sorta speak. but this is only if there just cruising down the road,. if there lights and or siren is on i just stay the hell out of the way.

most of my driving is either on I-78 or I-81,.. lots and lots of retards from  NY, NJ, & PA,. but i gotta say the truckers with there 64 mph MAX (down hill) garbage haulers are the absolute god damn worse,. makes me wish i had a 25 mike mike mounted on my hood.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#13]
4. Yellow "Do Not Park" painted signs and lines on pavement in front of supermarkets don't count if you are there to buy Lottery Tickets or Smokes.

Too funny....I hate these people. I once asked someone if they knew they were parked in a fire lane (because I thought it was my business at one time) and they said it was ok because they have a handicapped placard.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#14]
,. but i gotta say the truckers with there 64 mph MAX (down hill) garbage haulers are the absolute god damn worse,. makes me wish i had a 25 mike mike mounted on my hood.

[/quote

Don't get the garbage haulers too excited.. They flip those trucks seems like once a week. if its not on 95 in philly then on the NJTP.
And they can't help the companies put limiters on the big trucks, but be happy. Keeps us safer. (sorry dont mean to jump on G. haulers. )
And watch for those TAC guys lol.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:46:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
,. but i gotta say the truckers with there 64 mph MAX (down hill) garbage haulers are the absolute god damn worse,. makes me wish i had a 25 mike mike mounted on my hood.

[/quote

Don't get the garbage haulers too excited.. They flip those trucks seems like once a week. if its not on 95 in philly then on the NJTP.
And they can't help the companies put limiters on the big trucks, but be happy. Keeps us safer. (sorry dont mean to jump on G. haulers. )
And watch for those TAC guys lol.

Wasn't really knocking most of them,.. Just the few little darlings that are going 1/10th of a MPH faster than the truck in front of it and decide to cut you off or run you off the road because they diden't look in the damn mirors first. Also this is almost always done right before a up hill stretch,.so now you have two trucks side by side that can't even make 60mph uphill doing there best to make themselves a rolling roadblock / obstical.

Seriously,.. How hard would it be to just slow down that tiny little bit and wait until traffic is light enough to pass so they dont make a rolling traffic jam behind them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top