Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2009 8:18:14 PM EDT
HI all i will be in P.A. gouldsboro moscow and scranton area from 3-27-09-4-1-09  or maybe longer for some family matters (DIF) and i wanted to know if anybody know's of any store/dealers that have ammo for sale and in stock and if you do could you please post the name and phone # thank you cal i am looking for are 45- 9mm 223 & 308 if store or dealer are not local to these areas not a problem i will have time on my hands to take a drive  would like to buy some for my kids thank you.

RAY
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Warner's Surplus in Tannersville... 570-629-5379
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck getting a hold of someone at Warners, they hardly ever answer the phone and are always closed when I stop by (even though the hours sign says they should be open). I wont even bother going there anymore. Check Dunkelbergers (570)421-7950 or American Sport Shooting in Broadheadsville, I dont have the number for them but they are right off of 209.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Its a crap shoot anywhere you go now. I was in the Gander Mountain store in Dickson City today "right next to Scranton" and they had a good stock of 9mm & 45acp. Well some fellow was checking out ahead of me and they would only sell him 2 boxes max. He was talking to the manager about making 5 separate buys when I left for the 10 boxes he wanted. Of course I offered to buy some for him as did a couple other people but he decided to go with the manager. I'm damn glad I was taught to load as soon as I could hold a gun!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good luck getting a hold of someone at Warners, they hardly ever answer the phone and are always closed when I stop by (even though the hours sign says they should be open). I wont even bother going there anymore. Check Dunkelbergers (570)421-7950 or American Sport Shooting in Broadheadsville, I dont have the number for them but they are right off of 209.

If we miss a call it's only because we have 2 people handling 5 phone lines and some people don't have enough patients to let the phone ring more than twice before hanging up.

As for being closed? We do 16 gun shows a year that we close the store to do. If we close for a show then the only "normal business" day we are closed for is saturday. We have a schedule of the shows posted in the shop and we also post a notice on the front door 5 to 7 days before every show.

As a business owner, I like to see/read good and BAD reviews of my business. If there is a problem I don't know about then it is quite hard to address and fix. The good reviews are ofcourse something ALL business owners like to read. HOWEVER. Blatant BS reviews for whatever reason are rediculous and somewhat childish. Don't you think?

Rich W.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#6]

advanced arms in pittston has 9mm and .45 ammo,  im not positive if they have .223 cause i didn't check when i was there yesterday but im sure they do since they deal in AR's.

they're not price gougers either.  great bunch of dudes.

here's their website, it's got the store hours and phone number......

http://www.advancedarms.com/

do not, i repeat do not go to gander mtn. unless you want to pay gouging prices.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Well... all I can say is this:

Like Rich said, they do a lot of shows.  I personally have never had any harder time getting a hold of
Warner's than any other retailer in any other industry.  I personally find it frustrating when I take the time
to visit a store and the sales person keeps walking away every five minutes to answer the phone for some
prima dona that's to self important to go to the retailer.  Do I call places?  Sure!  But I keep it short & to the point, I don't "browse over the phone".

Warner's is an Ammo Manufacturer.  So odds are pretty high... they'll have what you want at a reasonable price.  "Call them"... leave a message if they don't answer... something like I wanted to take a ride down from XXX, to pick up some X, Y, & Z .... but I wanted to make sure you've got it before I drive down.  They'll call back.

I've never personally used their ammo... I load my own.  But I know a lot of guys swear by it.  Some reloaders
I know buy .223 from him, because they say for what he charges verses their cost & time to reload it... they'll
just buy it from him.  I've bought lots of other things from them, and as far as I'm concerned...

Rich is one of the GOOD GUYS.  He's always been willing to go above & beyond for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
HELLO  all 1st i want to thank you all for the information i will be leaving in about a hour or so but i did call all the dealers and all including RICH who did answer the phone and all i can say that all the dealers i spoke to were great and i am not trying to start a fight on which one is better then the other all i can say about all of them is that i did not have to wait a long time for the phone to be picked up and all were very pleasant to speak to and went out of there way to help me thanks again
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we miss a call it's only because we have 2 people handling 5 phone lines and some people don't have enough patients to let the phone ring more than twice before hanging up.

As for being closed? We do 16 gun shows a year that we close the store to do. If we close for a show then the only "normal business" day we are closed for is saturday. We have a schedule of the shows posted in the shop and we also post a notice on the front door 5 to 7 days before every show.

As a business owner, I like to see/read good and BAD reviews of my business. If there is a problem I don't know about then it is quite hard to address and fix. The good reviews are ofcourse something ALL business owners like to read. HOWEVER. Blatant BS reviews for whatever reason are rediculous and somewhat childish. Don't you think?

Rich W.

I have met you a few times and I think you are a good guy and all, but what I did say is the truth not BS. I have been there during the week and you were closed, a friday afternoon and you were closed and forget the week ends. I have called numerous times and let the phone ring until it went to a machine that didnt let me leave messages (I will say that it was right after Obama was elected maybe thats it and its been a while since I tried because I gave up on your store). The times I stopped by the hours sign stated you should be open but were no. Thats all, not trying to start a pissing match, just stating my experiance with your store. You lost me as a customer because of it, and it sucks because I liked your store when it was by Mr Z's (and open all the time).

Back to the OP's question American Sport shooter manufactures their own ammo so they may have what you are looking for.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top