Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2009 8:36:13 AM EDT

ETA: Better yet, can anyone recommend a good, reliable Class III dealer in Western PA? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It's been awhile but I bought some NFA stuff from them.  Slow & poor availability - the guy was very busy with his regular business.  Transfer process probably took 3 months longer than it should have.   They may be better nowdays but I go out of my way to avoid.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, that's disconcerting. Anyone else have dealings?

Or better yet, can anyone recommend a good Class III dealer in Western PA? I'm looking to transfer a suppressor from a dealer out of state. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I currently deal with Ray Carmichael in Trafford on the recommendation of friends.  I have a transfer in the works now.  He's listed here:
http://www.subguns.com/c2c3/c3state.htm#Pennsylvania

The above site lists others.  
I've also dealt with United Arms in Ambridge & had all good with them, but they've had problems lately & I don't know if they still do transfers.  They are closer to me, but I switched to Ray because of this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Elite Firearms in hermatige pa. is classIII.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have dealt with Bear Paw Arms.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have dealt with Bear Paw Arms.

2nd Bear Paw.  Dave is good people!

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used Bear paw arms too. They are courteous and professional. Their prices are fair.
www.bearpawarms.com

But you can also use a dealer from a distance. For example I am from york and Bear paw is in Mt pleasent. See if any, in state,  stocking dealers are going to be at a Gun Show near you.

With suppressors, I find it easier to buy from a stocking dealer and go there than to wait for the BATF to provide manufacturers with new stamps.

Edited to add: I just had a dealer to dealer transfer, AZ to PA, that took less than two weeks. Whoever you use, call around to make sure of a fair transfer price.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies guys. I went with Bear Paw.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used Ray and Bear Paw. They are both good people and easy to work with. What did you get?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Bear Paw Arms is a fair dealer. Not my first choice. My first choice went out of business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top