Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2008 8:17:12 AM EDT
I recently took a position with 84 Lumber and Ill be at their corporate HQ for a few days next week. Are there any good gun stores, restaraunts or attractions in the area that you guys might suggest for an out-of-towner?

My beloved Bill's are playing the Brown's on Monday Night Football so a good bar/restaraunt to watch the game at is imperative
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you know what town their HQ's in?
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Its in Eighty Four, PA on Rt 519.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Where are they putting you up?
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are they putting you up?

In the company facility on the grounds of the "campus". Im free after 5 everyday.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Lifetime PAer....I didn't even know such a town existed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighty_Four,_Pennsylvania
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Eighty-Four is really close to Washington, PA.  If you go a few more exits up I70 you can get off at rt 19 north and find some good stuf there.  I suggest Red Robin.  Besure to check out Ace sporting goods. Mainly hunting stuff but a nice selection of EBR's and LOTS of handguns.  Good Luck.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 3:32:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Just over there yesterday.  

Ace sporting goods in Washington is good as mentioned.  10 minutes away.

Cabelas is about 30 minutes away in Wheeling WV.  Straight down 70.

Washington has a lot of resturants, I don't know anything about night life.

I bet if you ask, the "campus" has a shooting range.   or has one close by you could use.   They also have a really nice golf course and country club out there.  Although it is snowing here today and we are to get Lake effect snow all week.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help all.

Im posting from the liberal stronghold known as Panera in Washington. Surprisingly they dont have arfcom blocked on their network which I had heard they did at some other locations.

I found ace's very easily today and was hoping to find a nice long gun to take back but apparently you guys cleaned them all out They did have a fresh batch of OD non-windowed PMags that I got to fondle. Unfrtunately I cant take any back with me and im not sure I would want to @ $19 a pop

I really like it down here, the commercial complex down here where wal mart and all the other stores are clustered is quite impressive. I came in from above it on rt. 136 from eighty four last night and it was quite a view all lit up.

Anything else in the area I should check out while im here?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#9]
If you drive North from Ace up Rt. 19 about 10 miles or so you'll run into a place called The Sharp Edge.  If you like beer, its not to be missed.  Good food as well.  

The Sharp Edge
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I recently took a position with 84 Lumber and Ill be at their corporate HQ for a few days next week. Are there any good gun stores, restaraunts or attractions in the area that you guys might suggest for an out-of-towner?

My beloved Bill's are playing the Brown's on Monday Night Football so a good bar/restaraunt to watch the game at is imperative

Man that was a hell of a game last night!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just over there yesterday.

Ace sporting goods in Washington is good as mentioned. 10 minutes away.

Cabelas is about 30 minutes away in Wheeling WV. Straight down 70.

Washington has a lot of resturants, I don't know anything about night life.

I bet if you ask, the "campus" has a shooting range.
or has one close by you could use. They also have a really nice golf course and country club out there. Although it is snowing here today and we are to get Lake effect snow all week.
the nice country club and golf course and shooting range that you are speaking about, is owned by Joe Hardy (84 lumber owner), but it is not located in Eighty Four.  it is located about 60 miles away at a place called http://www.nemacolin.com/. Four-miles from Nemacolin Woodlands Resort on a 140-acre complex is one of the nation's top sporting clays facilities: The Shooting Academy.  Featuring 32 sporting clay stations spread across two courses, towers, five stand pavilions with a FITASC layout.

Nemacolin also has a very nice firearms museum. it is closed at all times, but if you go to the security office at the resort they will let you into the building. there is no charge, but they will hang out with you till you are done. i highly recomend that you go and check out the resort.  it is top notch in every way.  well worth the drive out and everything is free to look at, from the aviation museum to the automobile museum and the zoo. you must ask at the guard gate to see the museums and security will meet you there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top