Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2008 5:14:08 PM EDT
Hey again everyone.  When my grandfather enlisted in the early 50's, he wen't through basic at Ft. Indiantown Gap before heading to Korea.  I remember talking to him and him saying that there was a place there that sold old surplus M1's, Carbines, Jeeps, etc.  But he never got a chance to tell me where it was before he passed.
I was wondering in anyone knows of such a place and if it's open to the public or for military personell only?
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like DRMO, more ore less where the govt sells surplus stuff by the pallet.  Got plenty of stuff over the years at APG that way, poncho liners, ruck sacks, file cabinets.  Not sure if there is one around FIG or not.  I was there about five years ago to attend a Basic Warrant Execution course and didn't see anything like that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Back in the 70s you caould buy these same things at the mall including Sears and many other stores.  I have not seen anything like what you describe other then the CMP program:

www.odcmp.com/
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea as soon as I join the gun club near me, CMP and IDPA are 1st things I'm signing up for.  Thanks for the heads up tho.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I went to basic training for the Civil Air Patrol at Ft. Indiantown Gap back in the early 1990's.  Staying on those old Army barracks gave everything a really nice mildew smell for weeks after I left.

It's a neat place to drive around - I love that area of the state.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Coleman's is not too far from there and has a pretty extensive inventory.

Coleman's Military Surplus
360 Klinger Road
Millersburg, PA 17061

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I was actually working out that way a few months ago...  I may be taking a trip again soon as my cousin and I were dealing with a Gunsmith/Shop in Pine Grove, If that's the case, I'll have to check him out.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was actually working out that way a few months ago...  I may be taking a trip again soon as my cousin and I were dealing with a Gunsmith/Shop in Pine Grove, If that's the case, I'll have to check him out.

Kiefer's?

pretty nice place if we are thinking of the same place.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Ha, yea that's the place.  Someone on here recommended it when I asked for stores out there, so my cousin and I had stopped by.  We thought we died and went to heaven.  His selection was AWESOME!  I bought some ammo and books, but my cousin ended up buying a few toys  .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top